Check out all of the details of this month's Patch Notes, featuring the 16th Anniversary and VIP Renewal Update! https://mabinogi.nexon.net/news/90098/16th-anniversary-and-vip-renewal-patch-notes-march-14th
[NEW MILLETIANS] Please note that all new forum users have to be approved before posting. This process can take up to 24 hours, and we appreciate your patience.
If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the Nexon Forums Code of Conduct. You have to register before you can post, so you can log in or create a forum name above to proceed. Thank you for your visit!

Name change was a LIE

Comments

• CrimsọnCrimsọn
    Mabinogi Rep: 65,165
    I just want to let you know that even my guild leader forgot to check housing because it had been 3 years and she really didn't think anything was in there. So please everyone, even if you think you don't have anything in there just check it anyway to be on the safe side because honestly you don't really know until you actually check.
    FaithrendLeineiShakayaSherriWolfsingerTreeseikoden
  • LeineiLeinei
    Mabinogi Rep: 16,440
    Gaea wrote: »
    I just want to let you know that even my guild leader forgot to check housing because it had been 3 years and she really didn't think anything was in there. So please everyone, even if you think you don't have anything in there just check it anyway to be on the safe side because honestly you don't really know until you actually check.

That's exactly what happened with me. XD
  • KensamaofmariKensamaofmari
    Mabinogi Rep: 34,745
    edited June 26, 2019
    FayeKaiba wrote: »
    Faithrend wrote: »
    Pan wrote: »
    Faithrend wrote: »
    Pan wrote: »
    Should’ve prepared beforehand. They listed all requirements for a smooth transition.

:shrug:
    Pan just mad she don’t get a name change lol

I lost no names, but I gained names. Alexina players still have to secure their names as well in the case of a merge.
    the funny thing is that you still have it in your mind that Alexina is going to get a merge that will never happen so I rather take a bs name then a soon to be dead server

FayeKaiba wrote: »
    Find me proof Alexina will never be merged?

Well they are not going to outright say it. That would cause problems. Think logically about this though. Games need server options, we have 2 servers, that's normal. Also we're not going to go through another scrambling for names. That right there is proof enough.

It's more likely that sometime in the distant future they will release server transfer coupons. That's realistic reality there.

In a neutral way, it would be, there are no expectations that it will happen any time soon. It's better to throw it up in air and leave the chance that they might, because in the end, the future cannot be completely foreseen.
  • TheDumbOneTheDumbOne
    Mabinogi Rep: 3,790
    idk if im just not reading correctly or the info not their til lthe last moment... but putting very critical info into somthing AT THE LAST MOMENT, when everyone preparing for the benefit of it -sucks
    server merge was advertised as a server merge, then a sudden anonymous decision to only merge 3 of 4 servers.... (like what was it...10 days before merge?)

then you have name change... and everyone preparing for it, leaving guilds, un-marrying-etc, just to realize its free for ONLY server+ name individuals...
    the a last min tid bit info (thats actually critical) is annoying these past few weeks...
  • KatherzKatherz
    Mabinogi Rep: 21,640
    TheDumbOne wrote: »
    idk if im just not reading correctly or the info not their til lthe last moment... but putting very critical info into somthing AT THE LAST MOMENT, when everyone preparing for the benefit of it -sucks
    server merge was advertised as a server merge, then a sudden anonymous decision to only merge 3 of 4 servers.... (like what was it...10 days before merge?)

then you have name change... and everyone preparing for it, leaving guilds, un-marrying-etc, just to realize its free for ONLY server+ name individuals...
    the a last min tid bit info (thats actually critical) is annoying these past few weeks...

http://mabinogi.nexon.net/News/Announcements/2/00JEV/announcement-server-merge-and-faq
    http://mabinogi.nexon.net/News/Announcements/2/00JEp/update-server-merge-faq-2
    http://mabinogi.nexon.net/News/Announcements/1/00JF6/announcement-name-change-availability

"After much discussion between our team here at Nexon America, and our partners in Nexon Korea, we've decided to merge three of the four servers into one. Mari, Ruairi, and Tarlach will be merged together into a new server, the Nao server."

"We are planning on bringing the Name Change Coupon system, and all characters whose names were changed during the merge will receive a free name change."

"We are happy to announce that the free name change option will be available for all characters whose names were changed during the server merge."

All of these were posted in advance.
    DANIartsSherriCrimsọnTheDumbOneSpareohMegasoul
  • KouyioueKouyioue
    Mabinogi Rep: 4,030
    edited July 2, 2019
    General Population Namechange tomorrow?
  • TheDumbOneTheDumbOne
    Katherz wrote: »

http://mabinogi.nexon.net/News/Announcements/2/00JEV/announcement-server-merge-and-faq
    http://mabinogi.nexon.net/News/Announcements/1/00JF6/announcement-name-change-availability

"After much discussion between our team here at Nexon America, and our partners in Nexon Korea, we've decided to merge three of the four servers into one. Mari, Ruairi, and Tarlach will be merged together into a new server, the Nao server."

"We are planning on bringing the Name Change Coupon system, and all characters whose names were changed during the merge will receive a free name change."

"We are happy to announce that the free name change option will be available for all characters whose names were changed during the server merge."

-critical attack- - well... im just glad i wasnt the only one. i like to be wrong for a change anyway.
    Sherri
  • CrimsọnCrimsọn
    Katherz wrote: »

-critical attack- - well... im just glad i wasnt the only one. i like to be wrong for a change anyway.

Well you are TheDumbOne. :D
  • TheDumbOneTheDumbOne
    edited July 2, 2019

i gotta lower those expectations

So, you're just gonna take the full brunt of that hit? :)
  • KouyioueKouyioue
    edited July 3, 2019
    still no name change

lul
    Kaga
  • DANIartsDANIarts
    Mabinogi Rep: 5,120
    edited July 3, 2019
    Kouyioue wrote: »
    still no name change

lul

I'm sure at some point there will be a name change coupon or ticket we'll be able to buy from the market considering we'll be able to y'know.....
    change our names 5 times, once a month.

Sooooooooooooo you can give them time to make that, mk? mk(:
  • TheDumbOneTheDumbOne

i dont mind being wrong.
    Kensamaofmari
  • CrimsọnCrimsọn

i dont mind being wrong.

Cool beans. :D
    KensamaofmariSherri
  • nibblesthecatnibblesthecat
    Mabinogi Rep: 1,685
    I and a couple of guildies had a brain fart and rejoined the guild right after selecting our names. We just cancelled the applications in-game and submitted tickets, problem solved.

i dont mind being wrong.

I love the positive thinking!
  • GretaGreta
    Mabinogi Rep: 51,805

i dont mind being wrong.

The Cool Beans trilogy is back! Yay!
    KensamaofmariSherriCrimsọn
    Beans are as cool as cucumbers.
  • KouyioueKouyioue
    Eat namechange
    Sleep namechange
    Want namechange.

GiveItToMeeeeeeeeeee
  • KerowynKerowyn
    Mabinogi Rep: 710
    I didn't get a chance to change my name. I got the guild error on two characters, so changed my other characters afflicted with the +server tag. Then left the guilds, checked, cash shop and housing--no family, not married....but got "This character is ineligible for Name Change" instead. After submitting two tickets with screenshots for both affected characters, this was my response from support:

"Please note that accounts were credited with 1 free name change for each character which received a +Server tag. If you have already submitted all of your free name changes, you will be ineligible to submit any further name change requests at this time for other characters."