Check out all of the details of this month's Patch Notes, featuring the 16th Anniversary and VIP Renewal Update! https://mabinogi.nexon.net/news/90098/16th-anniversary-and-vip-renewal-patch-notes-march-14th
[NEW MILLETIANS] Please note that all new forum users have to be approved before posting. This process can take up to 24 hours, and we appreciate your patience.
If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the Nexon Forums Code of Conduct. You have to register before you can post, so you can log in or create a forum name above to proceed. Thank you for your visit!
Closed

NaO SeRveR PoPUlaTIon WiLL bE SimILaR tO aLeXiNA

Comments

• GretaGreta
    Mabinogi Rep: 51,805
    Xaden wrote: »
    Greta wrote: »
    Helsa wrote: »
    No we are not missing the point. The point is we want to be united with our brethren too. Telling us to go make a new character is not good enough or the same thing. Alexina being supposedly "good enough" is beside the point. If some folks have lag problems then let them play on a less popular channel. A less popular channel on Alexina is the same as a less popular channel on a combined server. The difference is that those who want to could party up with their Naowegian and Alexinan friends, while the lag people can play on an emptier channel.

Right so the lag people get neglected because alexina wants to come play with the Big boys. Just like the youngest sibling would be, selfish.

Oh lol. Aren't you selfish as well for wanting to leave few hundred players on a dead server just because of YOUR lag??

Dunno what you mean i actually don't lag that often, besides when i'm in the main shopping areas otherwise i'm gucci even on the busiest channel, and Alexina is far from dead, Alexina wishes they knew what a dead server looked like.

Then i don't see ANY issues. Alexina will merge to Nao eventually. Like it or not, even though you didn't give any valid reasons as to why not.
    SherriChaosShadow
  • TheDumbOneTheDumbOne
    Mabinogi Rep: 3,790
    edited July 4, 2019
    i feel like...if we could go back in time and pick 1 of the 4 servers to leave out of the merge...ppl would still not want that one server merged...
    Xadenpawcalypse
  • XadenXaden
    Mabinogi Rep: 690
    No we are not missing the point. The point is we want to be united with our brethren too. Telling us to go make a new character is not good enough or the same thing. Alexina being supposedly "good enough" is beside the point. If some folks have lag problems then let them play on a less popular channel. A less popular channel on Alexina is the same as a less popular channel on a combined server. The difference is that those who want to could party up with their Naowegian and Alexinan friends, while the lag people can play on an emptier channel.

Right so the lag people get neglected because alexina wants to come play with the Big boys. Just like the youngest sibling would be, selfish.

Oh lol. Aren't you selfish as well for wanting to leave few hundred players on a dead server just because of YOUR lag??

Dunno what you mean i actually don't lag that often, besides when i'm in the main shopping areas otherwise i'm gucci even on the busiest channel, and Alexina is far from dead, Alexina wishes they knew what a dead server looked like.

Then i don't see ANY issues. Alexina will merge to Nao eventually. Like it or not, even though you didn't give any valid reasons as to why not.

Because alexina doesn't need a server merge? once they become an actual dead server then sure. but they are far from it.right now all the alexina peeps are just crying because they got left out of a merge between 3 dying servers. and they also have no valid reasons for wanting a server merge they arnt dead, they have more players than the other servers ever had even right now, there is absolutely at this moment in time a good reason to merge alexina over and create more channels and less access to the shopping channels than we already have as well as a server with more latency. and to be honest i dont even see alexina being in a position for merge, for a few years. they are still a big server, it took 3 servers to pass the number of players.
  • GretaGreta

Because alexina doesn't need a server merge? once they become an actual dead server then sure. but they are far from it.right now all the alexina peeps are just crying because they got left out of a merge between 3 dying servers. and they also have no valid reasons for wanting a server merge they arnt dead, they have more players than the other servers ever had even right now, there is absolutely at this moment in time a good reason to merge alexina over and create more channels and less access to the shopping channels than we already have as well as a server with more latency. and to be honest i dont even see alexina being in a position for merge, for a few years. they are still a big server, it took 3 servers to pass the number of players.

Are you from Alexina? If not, please shut it.
    You don't see what we see. It's extremely empty compared to few months ago or even years ago. I go to ch1 to do SM dailies and for the past 2 weeks i had to re-check if i was actually in ch1 because there was barely ANY party advertisements in chat log which made me think that i was in ch2 or something. I go to Dunbarton and what i see? Only ~5 personal shops in town square! Is it normal? No! We never had it this bad before, and it's getting worse and worse by weeks...
    ChaosShadow
  • XadenXaden
    Mabinogi Rep: 690

Are you from Alexina? If not, please shut it.
    You don't see what we see. It's extremely empty compared to few months ago or even years ago. I go to ch1 to do SM dailies and for the past 2 weeks i had to re-check if i was actually in ch1 because there was barely ANY party advertisements in chat log which made me think that i was in ch2 or something. I go to Dunbarton and what i see? Only ~5 personal shops in town square! Is it normal? No! We never had it this bad before, and it's getting worse and worse by weeks...

Nope, But i can tell either way alexina is barely dead 5 shop in dunby square? you guys must be blessed compared to our servers premerg, u might've seen 5 shop in ch 1 dunby during the whole month in dunby, you may have seen 5 shops in Belvast! on a good week. partys? what partys ;D, and if you needed 2 other people for your daily sms have fun waiting for a few hours and never never never running girg raids because nobody was ever there. you don't know dead, stop acting like you know what a dead server, Save the whales, because Alexina is doing fine.
  • HankrillonHankrillon
    Mabinogi Rep: 1,485
    edited July 4, 2019
    Nope, But i can tell either way alexina is barely dead 5 shop in dunby square? you guys must be blessed compared to our servers premerg, u might've seen 5 shop in ch 1 dunby during the whole month in dunby, you may have seen 5 shops in Belvast! on a good week. partys? what partys ;D, and if you needed 2 other people for your daily sms have fun waiting for a few hours and never never never running girg raids because nobody was ever there. you don't know dead, stop acting like you know what a dead server, Save the whales, because Alexina is doing fine.

Alexina's doing a little less than fine but still, what's so bad about wanting it to do better?
    GretaChaosShadow
  • CrimsọnCrimsọn
    Mabinogi Rep: 65,165
    edited July 4, 2019

Really. We endured it for years. It just got worse and worse with each passing year. You guys gloated and bragged and shot down all of our comments and concerns about the other servers, over and over I pleaded with you guys to STOP. Then even stated multiple times that you never wanted a merge especially with us plebeians. My my how the tables have turned. While I discouraged a return of what you dealt us for years you have to admit karma does come into play here.

The reality is that you will have to endure what we had to for at least several years. The current staff doesn't want to mediate or deal with this again for a long time, especially with the deadlines and schedules. The implications of their decisions will begot even more drama if another server merge is implemented even remotely "soon".

Go ahead and crusade like we did, but you're in for a long fight. I suggest you get comfy and manage like we did till then.
  • QnaugQnaug
    Mabinogi Rep: 495
    edited July 4, 2019
    idk abour ur everyday lag but my gaming experience is 180-250 pings since winter 2009, which is when i started playing mabinogi... some people needs 20s ping to load/hit SS and magnum and im here like, thank the good mighty god, the arrow hits a target at 100%
    Sherri
  • HankrillonHankrillon
    Mabinogi Rep: 1,485
    Gaea wrote: »
    Really. We endured it for years. It just got worse and worse with each passing year. You guys gloated and bragged and shot down all of our comments and concerns about the other servers, over and over I pleaded with you guys to STOP. Then even stated multiple times that you never wanted a merge especially with us plebeians. My my how the tables have turned. While I discouraged a return of what you dealt us for years you have to admit karma does come into play here.

The reality is that you will have to endure what we had to for at least several years. The current staff doesn't want to mediate or deal with this again for a long time, especially with the deadlines and schedules. The implications of their decisions will begot even more drama if another server merge is implemented even remotely "soon".

Go ahead and crusade like we did, but you're in for a long fight. I suggest you get comfy and manage like we did till then.

Do you like being mad? I can't think of one person that would say they didn't want a merge specifically because they didn't want to be around "you plebeians", and I can't think of anyone that shot down concerns of your dead servers either. Some people might not have wanted alexina merged but I don't know why those same people would be aggressively against the other servers merging. A while back some people thought it would have been merged like - top server and bottom server as one - middle two servers as one. That probably would have made the servers even, but instead they merged the 3 bottom servers and made Nao twice as big as alexina.

In my opinion, even though I never interact with anyone really and just play by myself, a merge of all four would have been better. It's an MMO after all, more people makes for more activity, and with a game as small as mabi it can make a pretty big difference if a bunch of people go to one server or the other.
    NegumikoGretaChaosShadow
  • MabiIn2k19MabiIn2k19
    Mabinogi Rep: 1,390
    edited July 4, 2019

"I can tell alexina isn't dead because I logged into it once" ea0f325b6a08271d95f71fa26179cc14.png

Are you on the hasidim discord? The girg discord? Even the raid server? The other servers while less than alexina still ran that content. Using the market square as comparison is kind thonk as well because no one uses it regardless with the auction house.
    ChaosShadow
  • NegumikoNegumiko
    Mabinogi Rep: 9,775
    Hankrillon wrote: »

Do you like being mad? I can't think of one person that would say they didn't want a merge specifically because they didn't want to be around "you plebeians", and I can't think of anyone that shot down concerns of your dead servers either. Some people might not have wanted alexina merged but I don't know why those same people would be aggressively against the other servers merging. A while back some people thought it would have been merged like - top server and bottom server as one - middle two servers as one. That probably would have made the servers even, but instead they merged the 3 bottom servers and made Nao twice as big as alexina.

In my opinion, even though I never interact with anyone really and just play by myself, a merge of all four would have been better. It's an MMO after all, more people makes for more activity, and with a game as small as mabi it can make a pretty big difference if a bunch of people go to one server or the other.

exactly, I also feel a full server merge would have been better for the entire mabi community. the mabi community is already small compared to other mmos. this civil war between the servers is pointless. if one server suffers it hurts all of mabi which is why I always supported a full server merge instead of the partial one we got. sad to see some players would rather spend their time picking on another server instead of just getting along and being friendly. I don't know any Alexina players that gloated or bragged but most of Alexina is not like that, and it would be wrong for any player to act that way regardless of what server they are from.
    SherriGretaChaosShadow
  • HelsaHelsa
    Mabinogi Rep: 23,380
    edited July 4, 2019

Not wanting a merge is also selfish. Either choice has people in favor of it. So which selfish choice makes the most people happy. Which selfish choice makes least number of people unhappy. With a merge, folks worried about lag can still go to sparse channels to play. Without a merge those wanting to be with their friends can't.

Oh come on Gaea, we're not all someone named after a skillet. Many, like me, felt your pain. We expressed our strong desires for a merge, even if, as some suggest, we didn't need it. Post merge we have seen a sustained rise in overall active sessions, so Nexon has an added reason to merge Alexina, other than "saving" it.
    ChaosShadow
  • pawcalypsepawcalypse
    Mabinogi Rep: 4,705
    Wow, people really want to ship Alexina-chan with Nao-chan...
    strawberry-panic-1st-animated.gif
    Kensamaofmari
  • GretaGreta
    Smh, some people... I'm losing faith in Mabinogi community.
    SherriChaosShadowTheDumbOneSebastian
  • CrimsọnCrimsọn
    Mabinogi Rep: 65,165
    Hankrillon wrote: »

I ain't even mad. But you guys need to be a little bit realistic here. Oh well.
  • ChaosShadowChaosShadow
    Mabinogi Rep: 2,590
    The whole argument of "We had it so bad before, you guys don't know what a dead server is like." is far from valid. Regardless of how bad you had it in the past, that doesn't change the fact that Alexina's population is on the decline which is problematic for its community because most people don't know how to deal with change. It's also problematic for the game as a whole. If people aren't starting anew on Nao, they may be quitting the game entirely because of the lack of activity or the recent changes in the market making it more difficult to progress.

Note that I'm saying may, indicating that what I'm saying is speculation based on what I've seen.

And to be quite frank, taking a stance against all Alexina players because of how a few people acted in the past only makes you look childish. And I say that generally. I'm not pointing that statement at anyone in particular. ᴱᵛᵉⁿ ᵗʰᵒᵘᵍʰ ᴵ ᵐⁱᵍʰᵗ ᵃˢ ʷᵉˡˡ ᵇᵉ...

I will admit, I was one of the few people that didn't want Alexina to be merged for one reason or another. I still would have preferred it not come down to that, but after seeing the gradual change taking place in Alexina, we do need it.

At the very least, I would like an account-wide transfer option. Not the transfer coupons that KR has, where it only works on one character or pet at a time (as far as I am aware), no. An account-wide option. I would gladly pay for such an option rather than remain stuck on a server that's gradually dying out and has a steadily inflating economy that's not making it any easier for me to progress my character.

So, there's my two cents.
    SherriTheDumbOneGreta
  • SaiSai
    Mabinogi Rep: 8,785
    edited July 4, 2019
    As long as Nao players don't have to be stuck with +Nao or forced name changes, I'm ok with Alexina merging.
    If they have the same name as someone from Nao, let them be allowed to change their name or give THEM and their pets the +server tag.

They are the newer server compared to the original three after all. Seems fair.
    (but also raise the max players per channel rather than just adding more channels because I prefer being on ch1 where most of the the shops and people are. >_>)
  • HelsaHelsa
    Mabinogi Rep: 23,380
    Sai wrote: »
    As long as Nao players don't have to be stuck with +Nao or forced name changes, I'm ok with Alexina merging.
    If they have the same name as someone from Nao, let them be allowed to change their name or give THEM and their pets the +server tag.

Unfortunately, at this very moment, if they had to merge Alexina, that is exactly what would happen. I suspect Nexon is trying to solve this issue so that they can merge Alexina in without the negative issues we had with the creation of Nao. If Alexina can hang on until that solution is ready, then great! If not then it will be the same thing all over again. Hopefully, it won't come to that.
    Sai wrote: »
    They are the newer server compared to the original three after all. Seems fair.
    (but also raise the max players per channel rather than just adding more channels because I prefer being on ch1 where most of the the shops and people are. >_>)

Oooo calling Alexina "New" is a hot-button issue for some! :P
  • TheDumbOneTheDumbOne
    Mabinogi Rep: 3,790
    The whole argument of "We had it so bad before, you guys don't know what a dead server is like." is far from valid. Regardless of how bad you had it in the past, that doesn't change the fact that Alexina's population is on the decline which is problematic for its community because most people don't know how to deal with change. It's also problematic for the game as a whole. If people aren't starting anew on Nao, they may be quitting the game entirely because of the lack of activity or the recent changes in the market making it more difficult to progress.

Note that I'm saying may, indicating that what I'm saying is speculation based on what I've seen.

And to be quite frank, taking a stance against all Alexina players because of how a few people acted in the past only makes you look childish. And I say that generally. I'm not pointing that statement at anyone in particular. ᴱᵛᵉⁿ ᵗʰᵒᵘᵍʰ ᴵ ᵐⁱᵍʰᵗ ᵃˢ ʷᵉˡˡ ᵇᵉ...

I will admit, I was one of the few people that didn't want Alexina to be merged for one reason or another. I still would have preferred it not come down to that, but after seeing the gradual change taking place in Alexina, we do need it.

At the very least, I would like an account-wide transfer option. Not the transfer coupons that KR has, where it only works on one character or pet at a time (as far as I am aware), no. An account-wide option. I would gladly pay for such an option rather than remain stuck on a server that's gradually dying out and has a steadily inflating economy that's not making it any easier for me to progress my character.

So, there's my two cents.

agreed
    - most alexina players... STILL have the option to make a character in nao regardless...
    - you can legit write anything in these forums and ppl will disagree with you....

but saying you dont want to deal with ppl in a online mmo, - is silly....
    i rather go back to the excuse "alexina equals all 3 servers"
    Sherri
  • DevotionDevotion
    Mabinogi Rep: 1,395
    edited July 4, 2019
    If the merged Nao server was shown to have a lower population than Alexina server, Alexina players would have been perfectly happy with their server population. They wouldn't be complaining how "dead" their server is. This is just envy more than anything else.

Mabinogi being merged suddenly into one server is a clear sign of a dead game. If that single server is lacking in population the game is dead. Look at Dragon Nest.

I think the best option would be to maintain two strong servers, so that there is a merge option in the future.
    Sherri
This discussion has been closed.