Check out all of the details of this month's Patch Notes, featuring the 16th Anniversary and VIP Renewal Update! https://mabinogi.nexon.net/news/90098/16th-anniversary-and-vip-renewal-patch-notes-march-14th
[NEW MILLETIANS] Please note that all new forum users have to be approved before posting. This process can take up to 24 hours, and we appreciate your patience.
If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the Nexon Forums Code of Conduct. You have to register before you can post, so you can log in or create a forum name above to proceed. Thank you for your visit!

Fourth of July 2019 Event

Comments

• roastedpigroastedpig
    Mabinogi Rep: 2,040
    edited July 4, 2019
    ...this doesn't make one eager to try the event.

Has anyone tried using fireworks sold by other merchants beside Walter?

@lolpopper, what do you mean by 'old 10th birthday [firework]'? o,o?
  • lolpopperlolpopper
    Mabinogi Rep: 615
    roastedpig wrote: »
    ...this doesn't make one eager to try the event.

Has anyone tried using fireworks sold by other merchants beside Walter?

havent tryed but old Firework , work
  • roastedpigroastedpig
    Oh, you mean the ones sold before maint?

I'm still away for a couple more hours but I'll try other merchants' fireworks when I'm able to hopped back into the game and report my findings.
  • lolpopperlolpopper
    roastedpig wrote: »
    Oh, you mean the ones sold before maint?

I'm still away for a couple more hours but I'll try other merchants' fireworks when I'm able to hopped back into the game and report my findings.

idk aboutthose but imeant the OLD OLD one that are named 7-8 10bithday
  • roastedpigroastedpig
    @lolpopper Ah, okay. Well i have a few stacks of those so I guess I'll them out later o.o;

Hopefully they extend the event. I don't see them fixing this until monday at the latest...
  • ArjuneArjune
    Mabinogi Rep: 16,890
    edited July 4, 2019
    This event started out fun, but now they reduced the chances of getting higher than 17cm. the rate is so low that there may as well not even be an event

Getting the game up was more important though. it's just a bit disappointing :(
  • roastedpigroastedpig
    Arjune wrote: »
    This event started out fun, but now they reduced the chances of getting higher than 17cm. the rate is so low that there may as well not even be an event

Getting the game up was more important though. it's just a bit disappointing :(

...The closer i am to logging back in, the less eager I become. :(

• MeaveMeave
    Mabinogi Rep: 2,050
    Katherz wrote: »
    @Kouyioue and @Meave where you guys shooting the fireworks bought from Walter's shop? or random ones from previous events? Just trying to figure out what could be happening.

I bought them from Walter
  • MeaveMeave
    Mabinogi Rep: 2,050
    The ones from Malcom do work
  • ArjuneArjune
    Mabinogi Rep: 16,890
    edited July 4, 2019
    ok so the rates weren't actually nerfed. apparently the chances of getting higher than 17cm are really low after midnight, and once noon hits, the chance of hitting over 17 cm goes higher and higher up until midnight PST. It wasn't explained on the event page so a lot of people including me got confused why we used like 50 fireworks and got no box. lol .... anyways sorry if I spread misinformation
    Sherriroastedpig
  • dowiedowie
    Mabinogi Rep: 1,800
    broken event is broken
  • GretaGreta
    Mabinogi Rep: 51,805
    I launched so much fireworks and got NO BOXES. What the hell happened?
  • JJJJ
    Mabinogi Rep: 5,400
    ok so the rates weren't actually nerfed. apparently the chances of getting higher than 17cm are really low after midnight, and once noon hits, the chance of hitting over 17 cm goes higher and higher up until midnight PST. It wasn't explained on the event page so a lot of people including me got confused why we used like 50 fireworks and got no box. lol .... anyways sorry if I spread misinformation

At first I thought you were talking about in-game time. This makes so much more sense.
  • PlatinaKokiPlatinaKoki
    Mabinogi Rep: 7,760

Then.... that's not RNG.

That's rigged.
    GretaSherri
  • lolpopperlolpopper

Then.... that's not RNG.

That's rigged.

*they just said in the head* hey let make the event harder bc were all baddie* before maint was easy now its like playing darksoul 0.00001 chance of beating the firework to get a box ---
  • HarukariHarukari
    Mabinogi Rep: 8,470
    "Note: Height varies throughout the day. After midnight (Pacific Standard Time), fireworks tend to shoot up to 4-5 m. Later in the day (afternoon Pacific Time), fireworks shoot higher more frequently, especially as it gets closer to midnight, when height will drop back down." -From Wiki.

It's pretty much a cap once midnight comes.
  • GretaGreta
    Harukari wrote: »
    "Note: Height varies throughout the day. After midnight (Pacific Standard Time), fireworks tend to shoot up to 4-5 m. Later in the day (afternoon Pacific Time), fireworks shoot higher more frequently, especially as it gets closer to midnight, when height will drop back down." -From Wiki.

It's pretty much a cap once midnight comes.

Well this is DUMB.
  • lolpopperlolpopper
    Greta wrote: »

Blame nexon for messing up the event and ch1 before maint was all good , now jsut str8 up crap
  • GretaGreta
    lolpopper wrote: »
    Greta wrote: »

Blame nexon for messing up the event and ch1 before maint was all good , now jsut str8 up crap

I managed to get plenty of boxes few hours after maintenance. During 10PM-12AM my time (UTC +3).
  • lolpopperlolpopper

Then.... that's not RNG.

That's rigged.

they should jsut lit remove the event and replace wit somethign that is not rigged or broken.