Check out all of the details of this month's Patch Notes, featuring the 16th Anniversary and VIP Renewal Update! https://mabinogi.nexon.net/news/90098/16th-anniversary-and-vip-renewal-patch-notes-march-14th
[NEW MILLETIANS] Please note that all new forum users have to be approved before posting. This process can take up to 24 hours, and we appreciate your patience.
If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the Nexon Forums Code of Conduct. You have to register before you can post, so you can log in or create a forum name above to proceed. Thank you for your visit!
Closed

NaO SeRveR PoPUlaTIon WiLL bE SimILaR tO aLeXiNA

Comments

• HelsaHelsa
    Mabinogi Rep: 23,380
    Devotion wrote: »
    If the merged Nao server was shown to have a lower population than Alexina server, Alexina players would have been perfectly happy with their server population. They wouldn't be complaining how "dead" their server is. This is just envy more than anything else.

Mabinogi being merged suddenly into one server is a clear sign of a dead game. If that single server is lacking in population the game is dead. Look at Dragon Nest.

I think the best option would be to maintain two strong servers, so that there is a merge option in the future.

Nope. It's because we were left out and have not as yet joined with our friends. The size difference has nothing to do with it.
    Greta
  • DevotionDevotion
    Mabinogi Rep: 1,395
    Helsa wrote: »
    If the merged Nao server was shown to have a lower population than Alexina server, Alexina players would have been perfectly happy with their server population. They wouldn't be complaining how "dead" their server is. This is just envy more than anything else.

Mabinogi being merged suddenly into one server is a clear sign of a dead game. If that single server is lacking in population the game is dead. Look at Dragon Nest.

I think the best option would be to maintain two strong servers, so that there is a merge option in the future.

Nope. It's because we were left out and have not as yet joined with our friends. The size difference has nothing to do with it.

Being left out is not a reason to merge. Just play the server that your friends are on :)
  • ChaosShadowChaosShadow
    Mabinogi Rep: 2,590
    edited July 4, 2019
    Being left out is not a reason to merge. Just play the server that your friends are on :)

Leaving behind years of work, tons of pets we spent real money on, and millions of gold in items is not a reason to "just play the server our friends are on." Try seeing things from a reasonable perspective before giving someone another terrible suggestion. :)
    Greta
  • CrimsọnCrimsọn
    Mabinogi Rep: 65,165

Leaving behind years of work, tons of pets we spent real money on, and millions of gold in items is not a reason to "just play the server our friends are on." Try seeing things from a reasonable perspective before giving someone another terrible suggestion. :)

Oh this sounds familiar. I remember saying this to you.
  • DevotionDevotion

Just make an alt. That way you can play with your friends on both servers.
    Problem solved :)
  • ChaosShadowChaosShadow
    Gaea wrote: »
    Oh this sounds familiar. I remember saying this to you.

I'm sure you did, and I probably deserved it. Just as much as they did.
  • SherriSherri
    Mabinogi Rep: 18,615

Yeah, just make an alt. Forget about all the pets and items on your main server. /sarcasm
    ChaosShadowGreta
  • ChaosShadowChaosShadow
    edited July 4, 2019

My rudeness aside, that of which I do apologize for (it hasn't been a great holiday for me), that still doesn't really solve the issue for some people. Whether you're making an alt or not, you're still leaving behind everything I'd mentioned. Starting over from scratch might be easier for some, but it's not something I would be comfortable doing, whether I have friends on Nao or not.
  • DevotionDevotion
    edited July 4, 2019

My rudeness aside, that of which I do apologize for (it hasn't been a great holiday for me), that still doesn't really solve the issue for some people. Whether you're making an alt or not, you're still leaving behind everything I'd mentioned. Starting over from scratch might be easier for some, but it's not something I would be comfortable doing, whether I have friends on Nao or not.

Alright, I was just having fun with this. People just started bringing these dramatic, abstract ideas of having absolutely zero friends on their own server, and that they had to "start from scratch".

If you happened to make a few friends on a different server, it is reasonable to create a lower leveled alt to play around there.
    Keep your main on the server you chose, and don't forget the friends you made on that.

Remember the old proverb "the grass is always greener on the other side..." In this case, the neighboring server lol
  • TheDumbOneTheDumbOne
    Mabinogi Rep: 3,790

i dont disagree with this, servers can create a really nice market strategy to open up and invite new players to the game

i think if nexon decided to not merge alexina... it would be nice if they invested time to CHANGE their marketing strategies and advertised satisfaction of the game. - this may be another solution
    but will fight like cats and dogs over the remaining addicted players and social interaction instead
  • GretaGreta
    Mabinogi Rep: 51,805
    I hope some people here are just trolling when they tell us to leave everything behind and make new character in Nao. Because this will not work. I'd like to see you leave behind hundreds of worth money and time over Nexon's mistake...
    TheDumbOneSherri
  • DevotionDevotion
    edited July 5, 2019
    Your friends will miss you if you jump servers for the latest hype ):

Why you guys keep insisting on starting over on another server and leaving everything behind is your own fabricated idea lol
  • EraleaEralea
    Mabinogi Rep: 9,890
    DOZg6.png

Now that we've settled down and the people who temporarily returned for the hype have gotten bored, the two populations do look quite similar.

Are we done with the merge panic and hasty conclusions yet?
    Devotion
  • HankrillonHankrillon
    Mabinogi Rep: 1,485
    edited July 5, 2019
    Eralea wrote: »
    DOZg6.png

Now that we've settled down and the people who temporarily returned for the hype have gotten bored, the two populations do look quite similar.

Using the balloon event to give a decent idea of server activity, as of this second Nao is sitting on 17570 full balloons while Alexina only has 8967 full balloons. I'm willing to say that's a better guide than the population meters shown there.

EDIT: Also, didn't Nao's channel 1 get nuked earlier?
    Another EDIT: Looking at the instant prize event too, Nao's gold/coin entries are at 0/2 1/3, 4/5 7/7, and 29/100 103/200 while Alexina's at 0/2 0/3, 0/5 5/7, and 11/100 32/200.
    GretaChaosShadowSherri
  • ThatD00dThatD00d
    Mabinogi Rep: 1,420
    Unpopular opinion or not, I'm personally really enjoying the server merge. I was initially from Mari, and while I'll miss it, it was ah - very very dead. Alexina merging with nao? Well, I wouldn't be opposed.
    GretaChaosShadowSherri
  • HelsaHelsa
    DOZg6.png

No, because this has nothing to do with it. It's about all of us being united together. Someone earlier said that if Alexina was still the bigger server there'd be none of this, that was just as wrong as this.
  • KensamaofmariKensamaofmari
    Mabinogi Rep: 34,745
    Wow, so much fireworks over a day.

I will say that unfortunately, Mabinogi isn't the cream of the crop for Nexon's business, but it isn't a detrimental service either. Enough people still hang around for them to keep the game moving.

There are plenty of people who want the game to improve so it can draw new interest for new people to come and play. But when this game isn't the core of the business, it's not easy to get the investment and attention to meet the demands of the player base.

I do believe, a combined server will be inevitable in the future, but unless Nexon HQ and investors see a real positive boost from this game, it will remain quite stagnant as a whole if not steadily declining.
    Sherri
  • DevotionDevotion
    edited July 5, 2019
    DOZg6.png

No, because this has nothing to do with it. It's about all of us being united together. Someone earlier said that if Alexina was still the bigger server there'd be none of this, that was just as wrong as this.

You've given no reasons why it's wrong. I already told you being left-out of the hype wasn't a reason to merge. I also explained that a having a single server is one step closer to a dead game, using Dragon Nest as a prime example.

Some people just don't have common sense :/

DOZg6.png
    Now as we can clearly see from this image the hype is dying down, as predicted.
  • HelsaHelsa
    edited July 5, 2019

BTW perhaps not aoUAb0p
    https://imgur.com/a/aoUAb0p

Waiting for a favorable moment to take an image and claim it as representative of the whole is really not that hard to do. What's been the long term situation? More Mari Ruairi and Tarlach players have come back because they have a vibrant server. Merges don't just save servers they make them grow.
  • SebastianSebastian
    Mabinogi Rep: 6,870
    edited July 5, 2019
    Edit: Decided I'm not gonna get involved in this again lol
This discussion has been closed.