Check out all of the details of this month's Patch Notes, featuring the 16th Anniversary and VIP Renewal Update! https://mabinogi.nexon.net/news/90098/16th-anniversary-and-vip-renewal-patch-notes-march-14th
[NEW MILLETIANS] Please note that all new forum users have to be approved before posting. This process can take up to 24 hours, and we appreciate your patience.
If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the Nexon Forums Code of Conduct. You have to register before you can post, so you can log in or create a forum name above to proceed. Thank you for your visit!

Isn't it about time we let giants and elves marry?

Comments

• BerryswirlBerryswirl
    Mabinogi Rep: 7,140
    @Sherri

Omg you're right LOL
  • KttyKtty
    Mabinogi Rep: 6,415
    +1 Definitely support this. After all it is our "Fantasy Life" right?
    TinysatanchanDarkpixie99Negumiko
  • ZelfalZelfal
    Mabinogi Rep: 745
    Would love this as my husband and I play elf and giant respectivly but cant be married (neither of us want to play human or the other ones race cause of mains)
  • nerrithnerrith
    Mabinogi Rep: 515
    The real shame is that the Romeo&Juliet story was all theatre missions like Hamlet, that don't effect the world outside Avon in anyway.
    When in hindsight it could have played more like The Merchant of Venice- with the warring races playing the two families.

Elves and Giants may not attack each other on sight anymore, but they will never truly see eye-to-eye.
    That shouldn't matter to a Milletian though, because no matter what race is chosen they are all outsiders,
    it'd be very easy for a player character to understand Romeo&Juliet's struggle and try to help bring them together.

ya know, they'd still die in the end- but this happening could impact Erinn as a whole, unlocking the option to marry the opposing race for the player.
    Darkpixie99
  • 암호암호
    Mabinogi Rep: 1,985
    Berryswirl

I support this. The lore has nothing to do with what the players should be able to do in game, it's for story purpose only, and as stated, the war is over, the races even have a truce in the story now, for you lorenerds.
    The war has never ended in our hearts. :)
  • ZamortialZamortial
    Mabinogi Rep: 300
    edited January 8, 2017
    I 100% support this, aren't their already parts of the game where elves and giants coincide anyways? What's the point in not allowing them to be married lol
  • TinysatanchanTinysatanchan
    Mabinogi Rep: 1,170
    +1 to make this happen

On a side note, I would like to see all the chapels become unlocked for any race to get married wherever they want. I get the feud thing, but since the elves and giants don`t attack each other on sight anymore, I don`t see much point in enforcing the racial boundaries to love.
    Darkpixie99
  • TsumikkiTsumikki
    Mabinogi Rep: 1,200
    edited January 29, 2017
    Apparently during milky way lute event Maike had a different dialog with a player depending on the milletian's race. I run it as a giant and got some "th- th... t-thanks please go away", but there was more if you are a human. During second charm delivery he mentions something about Dowra interrupting his music studies. Lore is getting here, just taking its sweet time. ...In another hand, Maike is just overall awkward character, a cute tsundere until you learned as a giant running Sagas that giants slaughtered his whole family: "I lost everyone dear to me because of you Giants. My friends, family, and my lover...". Was it made up just for showing off? I don't even
  • DemoncatDemoncat
    Mabinogi Rep: 1,720
    i was more so looking forward to being able to rebirth as a new race but this does sound interesting
  • DemoncatDemoncat
    Mabinogi Rep: 1,720
    Sherri
    Sherri said:

If players wish to get married or whatnot, go ahead.
    I think giants are ugly though.

//whisper
    //Also, I don't ship. I sink with canon.
    //I'm probably the only one against shipping.
    //god how i hate it
    MY characters a female a giant and is sexy as hell^^

• WolfandWolfWolfandWolf
    Mabinogi Rep: 5,900
    nerrith wrote: »
    Elves and Giants may not attack each other on sight anymore, but they will never truly see eye-to-eye.<br />
    That shouldn't matter to a Milletian though, because no matter what race is chosen they are all outsiders,<br />
    it'd be very easy for a player character to understand Romeo&Juliet's struggle and try to help bring them together.<br />
    <br />

I agree. We're all Milletians, we're not beholden to the same rules and laws as these silly Erinn peoples. And even if we were, really, they probably wouldn't even notice a few elves/giants married to each other. After all, they can't seem to remember who we even are if we happen to skip their part time jobs for more than a week. xD Such forgetful people :)
  • ElfyElfy
    Mabinogi Rep: 1,780
    O M F G YEEEEEEEEEEESSSSSSSSSSSSSSS.
    P L E A S E! ! ! ! !
    I'VE ALWAYS adored elve and giant marriage.
    And the ability to ride on giant's shoulders, as humans do. yes yes yes yes!
  • NegumikoNegumiko
    Mabinogi Rep: 9,775
    I support this however I think elves and giants should marry some place in Iria since that is where both races come from. Now that the war is over there is no reason to keep elves and giants from getting married. This kind of feature would be great maybe even a good chance for a possible event story for Taunes and Atratta as well.
  • DarkwhipDarkwhip
    Mabinogi Rep: 460
    edited January 31, 2017
    nomigid15 wrote: »
    Or set up a wedding chapel in Belvast (y'know, that place where even humans and fomorians get along just fine).

When does the fomor race comes out ?

Lel
    Xiokunkapapa
  • SylviaWolfeSylviaWolfe
    Mabinogi Rep: 3,310
    I feel like it would make for even better lore to have a sort of trial dungeon (like what was suggested) or sidequest that allows an elf and giant to get married. There are always going to be couples who will fight any circumstance for a chance at their love prevailing. I don't think we have to make the two races like each other in order to allow elf-giant marriage.

• MitsukoMakiMitsukoMaki
    Mabinogi Rep: 1,240
    Yes we need this. The mabinogi race war needs to come to an end XD
  • FriasFrias
    Mabinogi Rep: 200
    I am completely for this, not just for canoniclly the war is done but half of the player base is either elf or human. Limiting giants to an aspect of gameplay is just dumb. (Not just clothing but other things.) Not many players who are human like giants and via versa because they are normal humans. That's the appeal to giants and elves. Let it happen nexon.
  • AmelinaAmelina
    Mabinogi Rep: 1,400
    Alright honestly this is probably something extremely trivial and no body probably cares about, but I'm sure there's at least one person out there.

Considering the Elves and Giants have worked together not once but twice now, and are actually on decently good terms...why can they still not marry each other? Like I said it's a trivial thing yes but at this point why not just let it happen? I'm pretty sure everyone(referring to the giants and elves) is fine with Taunes and Atrata...even Maike VERY slowly warms up to Dowra.

The place where the wedding will take place will depend on the head of the family, if it is the Elf then in Filia...if it is the Giant then in Vales.

I know this is trivial considering all the other things they could change like skill requirement updates, but I'm certain someone wants to marry a giant but can't due to being an elf...and vice versa.
  • ErorservErorserv
    Mabinogi Rep: 2,695
    I wholeheartedly agree. It doesn't maike much sense at all. Though according to the lore, elves and giants are at war before the events of the saga. So maybe completing the saga could be a requirement in order to get married?
  • BlissfulkillBlissfulkill
    Mabinogi Rep: 24,425
    edited April 26, 2017
    I thought this was a suggestion for a species bred between elves and giants?

My first thought was "Would that not be just human?"