Check out all of the details of this month's Patch Notes, featuring the Mini-games + Quality of Life Update! https://mabinogi.nexon.net/news/91106/mini-games-quality-of-life-update-patch-notes-april-11th
[NEW MILLETIANS] Please note that all new forum users have to be approved before posting. This process can take up to 24 hours, and we appreciate your patience.
If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the Nexon Forums Code of Conduct. You have to register before you can post, so you can log in or create a forum name above to proceed. Thank you for your visit!
Closed

NaO SeRveR PoPUlaTIon WiLL bE SimILaR tO aLeXiNA

Comments

• GretaGreta
    Mabinogi Rep: 51,805
    Helsa wrote: »
    What if they found a way for folks to be able to move freely between servers as often as they want while the game is live. To be able to move themselves, their pets, their guild stones, etc. as often as they want live in-game for free. Then the sociable folks could collect together and the introverts could go find a quiet server. Then if any sociable folks find the air getting too thick they can go take a breather on a quiet server, and if any introverts decide they'd like some company they could go find some too. That seems like a good common ground solution?

You know this is Nexon. I don't think that we will get such thing ever.
    PlatinaKoki
  • PlatinaKokiPlatinaKoki
    Mabinogi Rep: 7,760
    edited July 7, 2019
    Alexina "needing" to experience what the other servers went through? Why is that a need? It's clearly not good for business from Nexon's point of view. Other than satisfying some odd need for some kind of a revenge thing by some forum users on one server against forum users on another? If the other servers atrophied for too long isn't that Nexon's fault, instead of game players on some servers? If Alexina should have never been created isn't that Nexon's fault instead of the folks who signed up for Alexina. Making separate servers, forcing folks to choose a community and dividing everyone from the get go was a mistake and needs to be fixed. The bickering in this thread is the result of dividing people.

That, of course, is assuming that Ruairi people, Mari people, and me and my fellow Tarlach people, even WANT Alexina people on the same server.
    What if they found a way for folks to be able to move freely between servers as often as they want while the game is live. To be able to move themselves, their pets, their guild stones, etc. as often as they want live in-game for free. Then the sociable folks could collect together and the introverts could go find a quiet server. Then if any sociable folks find the air getting too thick they can go take a breather on a quiet server, and if any introverts decide they'd like some company they could go find some too. That seems like a good common ground solution?

Nexon: "Ok, for a steep price each time."
  • HelsaHelsa
    Mabinogi Rep: 23,380
    That, of course, is assuming that Ruairi people, Mari people, and me and my fellow Tarlach people, even WANT Alexina people on the same server.

Statements like these are what you get when you divide people. Good job Nexon.
    GretaSebastianSherriKitini
  • PlatinaKokiPlatinaKoki

Nexon didn't do anything.

I've seen enough people from Alexina to have a less than favorable opinion of it.
  • HelsaHelsa

I've seen enough people from Alexina to have a less than favorable opinion of it.

Nexon, please go through this and you can tick off boxes. At the bottom the recommendation to reverse such thinking is integration, so can we get on with it please.
  • PlatinaKokiPlatinaKoki
    edited July 7, 2019

Nexon, please go through this and you can tick off boxes. At the bottom the recommendation to reverse such thinking is integration, so can we get on with it please.

"WITH MY TRUSTY SPIRIT WEAPON CYFIA, I WILL EXTERMINATE ALL ELVES AND FASHINOGIS!"
    - The most annoying Alexinian.

Integration will just make the issue even worse, lol
  • DanievictriaDanievictria
    Mabinogi Rep: 3,695

Channels are pretty much like what you just described. There are some channels that tend to be more full than others, so you can freely channel hop to suit your mood.

However, my theory is based more on personality types and how a high concentration of people of a given personality type can change the overall culture of a place (real or virtual) over time. A higher concentration of Drama Lamas can make a place drama-soaked and socially uncomfortable, while a high concentration of Peace Makers can make a place really chill and pleasant. Having more senior members of the community who are of one disposition or another also has a profound effect. If the most respected and admired kids in a high school are friendly, easy-going, and chill and don't condone or tolerate bullying and drama, then the school's culture is going to be much more pleasant than one where the most respected and admired kids are bullies, jerks, and elitists who actively create drama among themselves and the rest of the student body. So, if the senior Drama Lamas leave and are replaced with Peace Makers, that can also initiate social change.

Again, I'm no expert of sociology or psychology, but I have observed that the dispositions of both leaders and the general population have a big impact on how cultures grow and change over time. A leader who's style no longer fits the values of the population can be ousted, and a population can be influenced in their behavior and/or beliefs by a charismatic or brutal enough leader. So, in theory, if Alexina has a powerful tyrant or group of tyrants who want to enforce a drama-filled, miserable culture on the server, they could turn it into a miserable place where no one wants to play...except for people who love starting mess and being embroiled in mess.
  • CrimsọnCrimsọn
    Mabinogi Rep: 65,175
    edited July 7, 2019
    Musicat wrote: »
    Sounds like you also can't go to a grocer's in your home town while there's a huge shopping center with everything in Japan or France.

That's a stupid analogy. One could argue the same about you guys.

Devotion wrote: »
    Now to address Gaea's ideas of karma. I am not a believer in karma at all, and while I do believe in justice I cannot say this fully applies to our current situation. However, the clear lack of Alexina ability to be content may be explained by the fact that they have been spoiled with a large server for many years. In truth, new players on the Alexina server were never subject to the difficulties of the the original three; beginning at a time when many challenges were nerfed to appeal to new players. Most players on Alexina are the type that simply must play the biggest and newest server (it is the very reason most chose Alexina). So it is no surprise that they have a weak will and spirit. As an example, look at their current lack of ability to fight for strengthening their own server, but instead only want to be part of the big Nao server (easily succumbing to their weak, inner nature). These words of truth are probably making them lose their minds--beyond their control--and it is completely understandable. So is excluding Alexina from a merge an act of justice? No, but I believe it may serve to strengthen their character, which is a benefit to them as it was to Nao.

I agree with Devotion wholeheartedly on this. Plus I have already stated that despite Ruairi's declining population I refused to drop everything and flee to Alexina. Wanting to be able to access a channel verses accessing a SERVER has NO comparison.

Fail.

You're just going to have to adapt (like we did for over a decade) and get comfy.
    Sebastian
  • SebastianSebastian
    Mabinogi Rep: 6,870
    edited July 7, 2019
    Here I thought we had decently settled things and now prejudice is back.

Hoh boy. This is gonna be the debate of the century.
    Sherri
  • CrimsọnCrimsọn
    Sebastian wrote: »

Not my fault someone had to make a comparison of channel verses server.
  • SebastianSebastian
    Mabinogi Rep: 6,870
    edited July 7, 2019
    Gaea wrote: »
    Sebastian wrote: »

Not my fault someone had to make a comparison of channel verses server.

Truth be told, I'm not referring to that at all, or even you, really.

Moreso just questionable comments.
  • MabiIn2k19MabiIn2k19
    Mabinogi Rep: 1,390
    edited July 7, 2019
    @everyone this isn't an us vs them issue we're all apart of the same community this game dies without everyone. Every server has its bad side, and even nao will show it too. Just because of a anecdote from a handful of people doesn't determine how every individual will act.

@Gaea you've bashed alexina a ton for being elitist, and for "other" things. Convenient that you forgot martyr, pake, blackrobing, soluna incident happened in your complaints. Even you were victim of harassment yourself. Do you still go by Gaea or do you prefer "C" now?

@Platina stop being buttmad about one person, who hasn't even been in the mabi community for years now. You always act with a holier than thou vibe, and always assume your opinion is the opinion of everyone on tarlach. I guess sabina isn't around to play favourites anymore so you've lost your cool. Where does your sense of entitlement come from anyway?

to the trolls in this thread, keep doing what you're doing it's honestly hilarious. If you really want them to go away just ignore them, don't quote them saying ignore them just ignore it. These forums are so dead they should honestly just be closed. It's the same handful of people arguing the same as always it really would be better if these forums just died. If I was a new player and I saw these forums I'd leave so fast.

PS
    @Greta half of what you say is the equivalent of a child mocking someone in a funny voice. If you're not going to include something that isn't a snarky jab just don't.
  • HelsaHelsa
    MabiIn2k19 wrote: »
    @everyone this isn't an us vs them issue we're all apart of the same community this game dies without everyone. Every server has its bad side, and even nao will show it too. Just because of a anecdote from a handful of people doesn't determine how every individual will act.

@Gaea you've bashed alexina a ton for being elitist, and for "other" things. Convenient that you forgot martyr, pake, blackrobing, soluna incident happened in your complaints. Even you were victim of harassment yourself. Do you still go by Gaea or do you prefer "C" now?

@Platina stop being buttmad about one person, who hasn't even been in the mabi community for years now. You always act with a holier than thou vibe, and always assume your opinion is the opinion of everyone on tarlach. I guess sabina isn't around to play favourites anymore so you've lost your cool. Where does your sense of entitlement come from anyway?

to the trolls in this thread, keep doing what you're doing it's honestly hilarious. If you really want them to go away just ignore them, don't quote them saying ignore them just ignore it. These forums are so dead they should honestly just be closed. It's the same handful of people arguing the same as always it really would be better if these forums just died. If I was a new player and I saw these forums I'd leave so fast.

PS
    @Greta half of what you say is the equivalent of a child mocking someone in a funny voice. If you're not going to include something that isn't a snarky jab just don't.

Once were all merged together, we'll have a group hug!
    DevotionGretaSherriKensamaofmari
  • PlatinaKokiPlatinaKoki
    MabiIn2k19 wrote: »

PS

LOL. Ok, Mr. no-name.

If you knew anything about me, you would know Sabina and I HATED each other.

You wouldn't happen to be Zarozian, would you?
  • CrimsọnCrimsọn
    edited July 8, 2019
    @MABIIN2K19
    Oh mister hotshot is sooooooo crafty about knowing my new character name when I know that the Snitch List was updated in the BM. Oh yeah I know and can see it. (Btw I don't snitch anymore, just so everyone is aware. I've made peace with those I have crossed). I am pretty sure most know who my new character name is especially if they use discord. I am not trying to hide and also...it is PRETTY OBVIOUS who I am since I wear ALL red and have not changed my appearance at all.

Get out of here. smhlol. 9dnGeIh.png

BTW...alts are not allowed. :P
  • GretaGreta
    edited July 8, 2019
    Who is he? How he can call me a child when he looks like one as well lol. Who gives him the right to suddenly target everyone? At least you said the least crap about me. LOL. That was embarrassing.

Please don't attack people around. I just pointed out my concerns, but i see people attacking left and right. Attack only Nexon though.
  • MusicatMusicat
    Mabinogi Rep: 2,320
    edited July 8, 2019
    since I wear ALL red
    Oh, then there are some 4 to 6 Gaias running around at the same time on Nao. Is it a clone experiment?
    Greta
  • GretaGreta
    since I wear ALL red
    Oh, then there are some 6 Gaias running around at the same time on Nao. Is it a clone experiment?

These colors are honestly most common. The Oreo and red scheme i mean.
  • MusicatMusicat
    Mabinogi Rep: 2,320
    edited July 8, 2019
    Concerning the merge, well, just wanted to tell not to forget that there always have been and will be issues of different kinds on any server/realm with or without it.
  • GretaGreta
    Concerning the merge, well, just wanted to tell not to forget that there always have been and will be issues of different kinds on any server/realm with or without it.

But also lets not forget that if someone said something "mean" to you, it still doesn't justify the reason to be mean to anyone else who are in the same group/server only because of that.
    Musicat
This discussion has been closed.