Check out all of the details of this month's Patch Notes, featuring the Mini-games + Quality of Life Update! https://mabinogi.nexon.net/news/91106/mini-games-quality-of-life-update-patch-notes-april-11th
[NEW MILLETIANS] Please note that all new forum users have to be approved before posting. This process can take up to 24 hours, and we appreciate your patience.
If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the Nexon Forums Code of Conduct. You have to register before you can post, so you can log in or create a forum name above to proceed. Thank you for your visit!

Unable to enchant beam sword mystery

AtrixterAtrixter
Mabinogi Rep: 400
in General Chat
Hello all, I'm Atrixter on the Nao server.

For a few days now I've been wondering why I'm unable to enchant the " Icicle " (rank A) enchant over the " Spike " (rank 5) enchant that is on my focused rainbow beams. I've been told many times that you can enchant an ES that is lower than rank 9 over a much higher rank enchant without restriction.

When I click use to see enchant availability for the Icicle ES, it says "no adequate items exist".

On the Mabi wiki, I read up on Icicle ES and it states that the ES is only able to enchant on "One-Handed Melee Weapons", does the beam sword NOT apply?

I've asked every rank 1 enchanter, everyone I know in my guild and friends list, no one understands why I can't enchant it over.

Comments

• NemurikoAlexinaNemurikoAlexina
    Mabinogi Rep: 1,310
    Focused Rainbow Beam Swords are one of the few weapons that cannot be enchanted, upgraded, or reforged. It's one of the main reasons they're recommended to newer players, but not used by advanced players. I guess if you have Spike swords, they may have come pre-enchanted from an event or something, but they still cannot be enchanted.
  • JekzellJekzell
    Mabinogi Rep: 1,050
    They actually can be reforged just not upgraded and enchanted.