Check out all of the details of this month's Patch Notes, featuring the 16th Anniversary and VIP Renewal Update! https://mabinogi.nexon.net/news/90098/16th-anniversary-and-vip-renewal-patch-notes-march-14th
[NEW MILLETIANS] Please note that all new forum users have to be approved before posting. This process can take up to 24 hours, and we appreciate your patience.
If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the Nexon Forums Code of Conduct. You have to register before you can post, so you can log in or create a forum name above to proceed. Thank you for your visit!

Reset Commerce Prices and Stock During Maintenance

KennethoiKennethoi
Mabinogi Rep: 420
in Feedback and Suggestions
Keep in mind, there are a few threads out there asking for very similar things to this: I'm just trying to keep the issue out in the open in order to make sure this gets seen by somebody in the Nexon team who can make it happen.

I personally would like to see a reset in all of the prices and stock of goods everywhere where commerce is done in order to negate the damage that happened back when commerce enchantments were running rampant. I'm honestly not sure why any single being at Nexon decided to paint over the third degree burn they caused when introducing those enchantments rather than treating the problem and bringing Commerce back to its former light.

As of right now, at least in the Alexina server, commerce prices are astray in a variety of ways. Certain places are both difficult to make progress in and are extremely unrewarding with their limited and tier 4 goods (Looking at you, Belvast). Almost all of the tier 4 goods are inferior to those below them, causing trips with such goods to simultaneously become more dangerous and less profitable. This includes Skeleton Ogre Armor, Triple Pasta, Wild Ginseng Potions, Highlander Ore and Jelly Fish. This is also a problem with a few Tier 2-3 goods being worse than those below them, but far less so. A few goods, namely Safes and Skele Ogre Armor, are literally impossible to make profit on. They are in a permanent state of negative profit everywhere, shy of the smuggler.

Quite literally the only thing preventing me from wanting to spend money on the game is the lack of attention the developers give to mechanics such as commerce, dungeoneering and crafting. The latter two aren't a point of this thread, but still relevant to the game. Any insight as to why it hasn't been fixed, points I may have overlooked and corrections on things I got wrong are very welcome.
Danievictria

Comments

• DanievictriaDanievictria
    Mabinogi Rep: 3,695
    Good point. Commerce prices really should be reset during maintenance at least once a month. It would be helpful on both servers and keep the value of goods on par with the danger involved in transporting them.
  • HelsaHelsa
    Mabinogi Rep: 23,380
    A lot of things should be reset each maintenance and commerce prices is one of them. The formulas dictating the speed and degree that commerce profits go stale need to be twiddled. At present it doesn't take many people to ruin them.
    Danievictria
  • KensamaofmariKensamaofmari
    Mabinogi Rep: 34,745
    Helsa wrote: »
    A lot of things should be reset each maintenance and commerce prices is one of them. The formulas dictating the speed and degree that commerce profits go stale need to be twiddled. At present it doesn't take many people to ruin them.

The supply and demand function of commerce is broken. Bought/sold goods are not using enough market factors to make the system a fun and sustainable part of the game.

They created the system for limited use, but got everyone's hopes up and ultimately ditched it.
    Kennethoi
  • Darkpixie99Darkpixie99
    Mabinogi Rep: 8,660
    Helsa wrote: »

The supply and demand function of commerce is broken. Bought/sold goods are not using enough market factors to make the system a fun and sustainable part of the game.

They created the system for limited use, but got everyone's hopes up and ultimately ditched it.

Time to initiate request: Revamp The Commerce Trade System
    KennethoiDanievictriaKensamaofmariCrimsọn
  • KennethoiKennethoi

Honestly, yes please. I saw a post about this before writing my own where somebody suggested large-scale commerce in Iria, more diversity in commerce mounts than just "Fast horse" and "Big load bearing elephant," as well as consistent stock resets preventing the same problem that happened when the enchants were introduced.

I mean, just imagine buying Elephant Taming Bait from Cor Village and traveling on the back of a flying pack-reindeer to sell them in Port Qilla. Who wouldn't spend money if Nexon releases something huge like that, or at least what I'm imagining out of it.

Danievictria
  • EraleaEralea
    Mabinogi Rep: 9,890
    Reset the prices and the people with accessories will simply crash them down to nothing again. I should know, I'm one of them.

If they would kindly make it less easy for me to crash the prices that would be greatly appreciated. I want to keep making money too.
  • DanievictriaDanievictria
    Mabinogi Rep: 3,695
    Kennethoi wrote: »

Honestly, yes please. I saw a post about this before writing my own where somebody suggested large-scale commerce in Iria, more diversity in commerce mounts than just "Fast horse" and "Big load bearing elephant," as well as consistent stock resets preventing the same problem that happened when the enchants were introduced.

I mean, just imagine buying Elephant Taming Bait from Cor Village and traveling on the back of a flying pack-reindeer to sell them in Port Qilla. Who wouldn't spend money if Nexon releases something huge like that, or at least what I'm imagining out of it.

YAAAAS, QUEEN!!

In fact, if we got commerce in Iria, that would also encourage more players to go there and explore! I've just finished playing through the first Saga and Iria has some really interesting places to visit. If there was some way to get players really traveling around there, I'd totally be on board with that! Maybe have trading in Iria also pay out a little more because of the longer distance between settlements...
    Kennethoi
  • KennethoiKennethoi
    edited July 11, 2019
    Eralea wrote: »
    Reset the prices and the people with accessories will simply crash them down to nothing again. I should know, I'm one of them.

If they would kindly make it less easy for me to crash the prices that would be greatly appreciated. I want to keep making money too.

Thing is, the stock that's replenished is proportional to that of which was bought/sold since the last restock and the prices where you're selling it reset after a certain amount of goods are sold to different places. That means that the stock should be back at 100% every five minutes, however the prices to where you sold the goods may stay low for longer, if nobody's traveling much. The issue was that the commerce enchantments, when they were first released, were compensated in the wrong way for in this restock/reset system causing bought goods to set their prices to "Normal," but only for those enchantments.

At the end of the day, you might still be able to crash supply/demand, but at least this way it will fix itself in time. In fact, more the power to you if you have those kinds of enhancements to commerce, just make sure it doesn't make it literally impossible for everyone else to at least make profit.
    I mean we have already proposed many ideas for it. They just need to get to it.
    It's not hard to expand markets to Iria and beyond. It's not hard creating artificial events that can change supply and demand to create an actual market where trade goods are consumed or destroyed.
    It's not hard to create quest orders to fulfill certain needs for certain goods.
    If they can introduce a system of smuggling into commerce, they can very well make these other additions.
    The question is are they committed to improving the game and its systems outside the storyline.
  • NemurikoAlexinaNemurikoAlexina
    Mabinogi Rep: 1,310
    I can confirm that less than an hour after maintenance, prices would be right back where they were before. There's no way to fix this. You just have to consider that the enchants are a gate to profiting from commerce. It's similar to how elves and giants have difficulty learning the Heavy Armor Mastery skill because they can't just pick up a LIght Melka to wear. Though, it does make sense that to become a great merchant you'd have to invest some money.

Accessories are 20-40m each on Nao, and are well worth the investment. Rather than trying to change how a skill operates, just accept it for what it is, and start saving up.
    I can confirm that less than an hour after maintenance, prices would be right back where they were before. There's no way to fix this. You just have to consider that the enchants are a gate to profiting from commerce. It's similar to how elves and giants have difficulty learning the Heavy Armor Mastery skill because they can't just pick up a LIght Melka to wear. Though, it does make sense that to become a great merchant you'd have to invest some money.

Accessories are 20-40m each on Nao, and are well worth the investment. Rather than trying to change how a skill operates, just accept it for what it is, and start saving up.

The main issue isn't the skill itself, it is the system used to train it is obsolete because of poor maintenance, or lack of.
  • duckmanduckman
    Mabinogi Rep: 1,075
    Resting trade good value with maintenance is a good idea. I would also like to see trade with iria open up, say quila base camp