Check out all of the details of this month's Patch Notes, featuring the 16th Anniversary and VIP Renewal Update! https://mabinogi.nexon.net/news/90098/16th-anniversary-and-vip-renewal-patch-notes-march-14th
[NEW MILLETIANS] Please note that all new forum users have to be approved before posting. This process can take up to 24 hours, and we appreciate your patience.
If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the Nexon Forums Code of Conduct. You have to register before you can post, so you can log in or create a forum name above to proceed. Thank you for your visit!

Pan's Magic Game Board Event is here!

KatherzKatherz
Mabinogi Rep: 21,640
in Vault
David, the aspiring magician, has arrived in Dunbarton, and he is holding an event to promote himself. Participate in the event to help David, and become a magician yourself! There are tons of cool prizes, so check out the details here!

hjkvfghjfghsv4.png

Comments

• HarukariHarukari
    Mabinogi Rep: 8,470
    Thank you for bringing us a ripoff of Meowbinogi.
    I'm so disappointed.
  • JekzellJekzell
    Mabinogi Rep: 1,050
    Harukari wrote: »
    Thank you for bringing us a ripoff of Meowbinogi.
    I'm so disappointed.

Their several events that are just like this one.
    Sherri
  • DanievictriaDanievictria
    Mabinogi Rep: 3,695
    This event reminds me of the Parcheesi Board mini-game from Dragon Warrior/Dragon Quest 3...Without the shameless save scumming, though...
  • WliaWlia
    Mabinogi Rep: 1,205
    edited July 18, 2019
    i dont like these because i always have to hit every single bad spot on the board least twice before i even get to finish if i could least buy many tickets to spam it but this is just another cheap way how to get some online (AFK) users rating o:
  • RaishiiRaishii
    Mabinogi Rep: 3,245
    Watered down Meowbinogi. I do want that male outfit, though.
  • GretaGreta
    Mabinogi Rep: 51,805
    I wanted the real Meowbinogi. I want to farm coin, not afk for them... :/
    SherriKensamaofmariRadiant DawnWolfsingerTwistedxFateLadame
  • SherriSherri
    Mabinogi Rep: 18,615
    edited July 18, 2019
    Greta wrote: »
    I wanted the real Meowbinogi. I want to farm coin, not afk for them... :/

I miss being able to do this too :c
    It encourages us to actually play the game, unlike AFK...
    KensamaofmariRadiant DawnWolfsinger
  • NegumikoNegumiko
    Mabinogi Rep: 9,775
    it is kind of boring since it is a afk event but the Magic Stage chair and the Ferghus playing card pet look worth collecting.
  • KensamaofmariKensamaofmari
    Mabinogi Rep: 34,745
    Negumiko wrote: »
    it is kind of boring since it is a afk event but the Magic Stage chair and the Ferghus playing card pet look worth collecting.

So having missed almost 2 weeks now, it seems like I haven't missed much.
    WolfsingerTwistedxFate
  • DanievictriaDanievictria
    Mabinogi Rep: 3,695
    Negumiko wrote: »

It doesn't necessarily have to be played AFK. I mean, sure, you can idle in Dunbarton for a couple of hours for your coins then spin, but you could also do something fun while you wait like run some dungeons or train up some skills you never thought to train or do a shadow mission you've never done before or explore around on foot or on a mount, or go rafting or hot air ballooning, or do some commerce runs... Just because the event is going on in the background doesn't mean you can't have fun while you wait out the timer...
  • EraleaEralea
    Mabinogi Rep: 9,890
    Yeah I'm just imagining all these people going "sorry I can't actually play the game, I need to stand around waiting for coins". Of course it would be nice if I could spend the whole two and a half hours farming spins in the cooking pot but this is fine too. I've got other stuff to do.

I might just be imagining it, but these game boards seem to be a little nicer. The "Out" squares are earlier on the board or not present at all (inb4 I finally roll the board with two "Outs" and hit both of them).
    WolfsingerLeinei
  • HarukariHarukari
    Mabinogi Rep: 8,470
    Eralea wrote: »
    I might just be imagining it, but these game boards seem to be a little nicer. The "Out" squares are earlier on the board or not present at all (inb4 I finally roll the board with two "Outs" and hit both of them).

The losing spins are the worst this time around cause you're limited on spins a day. And I have lost so many spins it's ridiculous.
  • NegumikoNegumiko
    Mabinogi Rep: 9,775
    edited July 23, 2019
    turns out the Magic Card pet is a Magic Carpet pet. it seems pretty obvious now cause there is a pic of it rolled up right next to the card but I mistakenly thought that was some cool ninja scroll or something until now. inventory is small but it is pretty cool riding a playing card, almost feels like being a member of the Royal Flush Gang from Batman Beyond or something.

latest?cb=20130920062838

this is the kind of pet I would want to run Maiz dungeon with to fight the King and Queen slate monsters. about as close as you can get to fighting playing cards with other playing cards in mabi.
    WolfsingerSherriDanievictria
  • SytrieSytrie
    Mabinogi Rep: 1,175
    For some reason, I am not really sure but, the spins, I mean, when you spin, I don't think it's completely random, I feel like it intentionally puts you to certain spot, depending on your spin history maybe? Not sure but It doesn't feel its completely luck based. Today I just got double ticket boxes and was going for triple, yet, on third game board, I spinned like 4-5 times and every time it managed me to place on OUT box somehow. Or maybe I'm just a little bit too paranoiac, maybe... maybe not.
  • LadameLadame
    Mabinogi Rep: 2,600
    Yesterday, I used 18 coins and didn't get past the first three spaces of my first board. I just rotated between landing on an out, and landing on a 3-hand spot which took me to out, or landing on the pan between them and then landing on the hand, sending me back to out. It was really impressive I wish I had taken a video!
  • GretaGreta
    Ladame wrote: »
    Yesterday, I used 18 coins and didn't get past the first three spaces of my first board. I just rotated between landing on an out, and landing on a 3-hand spot which took me to out, or landing on the pan between them and then landing on the hand, sending me back to out. It was really impressive I wish I had taken a video!

I landed on same Out tile like 4 times in a row in various ways as well. It was frustrating and funny at the same time.
    WolfsingerLadame
  • ChathanChathan
    Mabinogi Rep: 600
    Anyone know if the pet whistles are tradable?
  • WolfsingerWolfsinger
    Mabinogi Rep: 5,875
    Chathan wrote: »
    Anyone know if the pet whistles are tradable?

If they're anything like the previous ones, than probably not. I wouldn't bet on it.
  • GretaGreta
    edited July 28, 2019
    Whistles are never tradeable, Pet Medals wouldn't exist then. Nexon need lots of that quick $$$.