Check out all of the details of this month's Patch Notes, featuring the 16th Anniversary and VIP Renewal Update! https://mabinogi.nexon.net/news/90098/16th-anniversary-and-vip-renewal-patch-notes-march-14th
[NEW MILLETIANS] Please note that all new forum users have to be approved before posting. This process can take up to 24 hours, and we appreciate your patience.
If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the Nexon Forums Code of Conduct. You have to register before you can post, so you can log in or create a forum name above to proceed. Thank you for your visit!

Been awhile... So, Celtic Royal Knight Swords...

QwenaltQwenalt
Mabinogi Rep: 670
edited July 23, 2019 in Alexina Chat
I've been out of the loop for a few years and was wondering if they're still the best 1H swords to dual-wield still? Also, red upgrade stones or blue? Which gives the most benefits?

Comments

• CaissaCaissa
    Mabinogi Rep: 2,175
    The answer to that is complicated by the fact CRKs were never the "best" 1H sword. That distinction goes to the Divine Bastard Sword. The main issues are that the Divine Bastard Sword costs about 30x more than the CRK and is subject to Hillwen Engineering random stat rolls, so you will almost never see them. So as far as most people are concerned, the CRK is "sufficiently best." There have not been any new 1H swords. Conventional wisdom is to Red Upgrade CRKs, as with most melee weapons. I will also add that 2H weapons have gained in popularity since the Final Hit buff, so if what is currently popular is more important to you than the dual wielding aesthetic, you may want to look into it.
  • QwenaltQwenalt
    Mabinogi Rep: 670
    I've always been a dual-wielder out of practicality so I'll stick with what I know best. Thanks for the advice and CRKs were the 'meta' before Divine weapons were much of a thing, to be fair.