Check out all of the details of this month's Patch Notes, featuring the 16th Anniversary and VIP Renewal Update! https://mabinogi.nexon.net/news/90098/16th-anniversary-and-vip-renewal-patch-notes-march-14th
[NEW MILLETIANS] Please note that all new forum users have to be approved before posting. This process can take up to 24 hours, and we appreciate your patience.
If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the Nexon Forums Code of Conduct. You have to register before you can post, so you can log in or create a forum name above to proceed. Thank you for your visit!

Dual monitor support

Macal007Macal007
Mabinogi Rep: 930
in Feedback and Suggestions
I'm always having stuff opened while playing..
That in turn gets me in trouble with the viewable playfield..
Since I use low-res settings in order to read what's on the screen,
I think it would be nice to have a setting that allows usage of another monitor.
Just for the Inventory stuff and chat etc..

So, who'd like that ?
Negumiko
  1. You like being able to see the full screen and yet have all ur opened windows visible too ?5 votes
    1. 1 YES! That would be so nice, not having to open/close all the time..
       40% (2 votes)
    2. 2 NO! I have only one monitor, and can't afford $10 for a cheap second hand one..
       0% (0 votes)
    3. 3 Can I eats dual monitor support ? is it tasty ?
       60% (3 votes)

Comments

• NegumikoNegumiko
    Mabinogi Rep: 9,765
    the mabi UI looks very clean and out of the way compared to a lot of other mmos so I don't really have a problem with screen space even with a big inventory. also really love how the chat is directly in the bottom center of the screen instead of a annoying box off to the side, it makes it so much easier to catch chat messages without even really trying. but I still support the idea of being able to move things like inventory boxes and private chat message windows to another monitor as it would be helpful.
    Urufu
  • LutetiumLutetium
    Mabinogi Rep: 3,605
    You should just run your display at it's native resolution and move it closer to you if you don't have enough space for the UI and can't see the text, that would be a more immediate solution to the problem. It's also possible to minimize and close bags, eg if you organize your inventory in such a way that all your totems are in a single bag it's pretty safe to minimize or close it so it isn't taking up screen space.
  • HelsaHelsa
    Mabinogi Rep: 23,380
    If you run the game in windowed mode couldn't you stretch the game window to spread over two monitors?
  • SherriSherri
    Mabinogi Rep: 18,615
    Was the text for the second option on the poll really necessary? :l
  • GretaGreta
    Mabinogi Rep: 51,805
    edited July 21, 2019
    Sherri wrote: »
    Was the text for the second option on the poll really necessary? :l

Yes. Because people like to put their own bias on polls to get needed votes. That's why i chose 3rd option. Always choose neutral or dumb option if possible on such cases.
    Sherri
  • UrufuUrufu
    Mabinogi Rep: 880
    Helsa wrote: »
    If you run the game in windowed mode couldn't you stretch the game window to spread over two monitors?

You can.

Now imagine how the in-game camera works. Where does it focus? Right on the character itself. You stretch the window to two monitors and where does your character end up?

Right in the middle of the two... it is not a very plausible solution unless we could control where the camera focussed. I would love to have the map, inv and various other UI implements across to my sub monitor and just the necessary stuff on my main. I do not think I have ever seen any pc game do this except if modded or on something like an anime (How Not to Summon a Demon Lord, first 2 minutes of the first ep) do anything like this and I think it is quite a shame.