Check out all of the details of this month's Patch Notes, featuring the 16th Anniversary and VIP Renewal Update! https://mabinogi.nexon.net/news/90098/16th-anniversary-and-vip-renewal-patch-notes-march-14th
[NEW MILLETIANS] Please note that all new forum users have to be approved before posting. This process can take up to 24 hours, and we appreciate your patience.
If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the Nexon Forums Code of Conduct. You have to register before you can post, so you can log in or create a forum name above to proceed. Thank you for your visit!

RE: Name Changes on the Forums

KatherzKatherz
Mabinogi Rep: 21,640
in Notices
Hello everyone,

Previously, we had mentioned that name changes were not allowed on the forums. However, there has been an increase in users creating new forum accounts for a new name. If you want a name change to your forum name, please message me directly instead of creating a new forum account. Thank you!

- CM Katherz
CrimsọnDukenDarkpixie99UItima

Comments

• KensamaofmariKensamaofmari
    Mabinogi Rep: 34,745
    People have gone that far for a forum name change.
    Darkpixie99
  • TNinjaTNinja
    Mabinogi Rep: 9,265
    They're doing what?
    TNinja wrote: »
    They're doing what?

If you want to change your name from TNinja to NinjaT message Kath.
  • CrimsọnCrimsọn
    Mabinogi Rep: 65,165
    Thanks Kath!

-formerly Gaea
  • GretaGreta
    Mabinogi Rep: 51,805
    Crims wrote: »
    Thanks Kath!

-formerly Gaea

The older name was better.

Just a thought.

At least no one is gonna mix us up anymore.
  • CrimsọnCrimsọn
    Greta wrote: »
    Thanks Kath!

-formerly Gaea

The older name was better.

Just a thought.

At least no one is gonna mix us up anymore.

My ign is Crimson. So I went with a short version of it. Plus people always thought it was weird that I named myself after a goddess. I guess it was kinda pretentious. Anyway just get used to this, people won't mix us up anymore. Honestly it was odd how they did. Lol.
    GretaLeinei
  • PlatinaKokiPlatinaKoki
    Mabinogi Rep: 7,760
    Thanks Kath!

-formerly Gaea

Wow.

ZERO attempt at hiding it.
  • GretaGreta
    Can we get Custom Forum Avatars while at it?
    SherriSaiWolfsingerDraechKensamaofmariSylviaWolfe
  • HelsaHelsa
    Mabinogi Rep: 23,380
    edited July 25, 2019
    Thanks Kath!
    -formerly Gaea

Fun fact: Crims backwards is Smirc :j

It's good see a reversal of policy. Custom avatars would be good too, along with abandoning the necro-thread policy; duplicate accounts bad, duplicate threads good; huh?
    GretaCrimsọn
  • DANIartsDANIarts
    Mabinogi Rep: 5,120
    DM'd them about the name change, also our own avatars to put on here would be really nice.
  • CrimsọnCrimsọn
    edited July 27, 2019
    Thanks Kath!

-formerly Gaea

Wow.

People already knew. The bm snitch list was updated almost automatically. Me trying to hide was futile because in the end I was not willing to change my appearance. (Wearing all red with demon wings and a devil tail is a dead give away lol). But it was nice for the first couple of weeks, people had no idea and were nice.

Just goes to show you people don't have to be this way. They choose to be this way. As asinine as I was, so are they.

I just wish people would get over crap. It's just like this one player who held no hard feelings against me (and was actually unbanned after a few months), he said that this hierarchy is just full of a bunch of stuck up bullies who run HOA's irl (lol, something to that effect). He said this in response to how this group and their lackeys were treating me, despite that I got him banned. When he came back I actually confronted him and apologized. I told him thanks for sticking up for me (especially when the whole damn corrupted community was on top of me trying to make me regret being born). Him of all people basically did the jesus thing and was cool with it. lol.

I don't go out of my way to screw up someone's parade anymore. I haven't for over a year now. The only reason why I actively reported offenders was because I thought I was doing the community good, you know doing the right thing, making things more fair for everyone. But It's futile, and holy hell if someone finds out you reported them you get blackballed. The insidious nature of this community is real. It goes almost all the way to the top.

But really...I just do not care anymore. I actually liquidated all of my homestead stuff today. I'm not leaving, I just don't see the point in having it anymore except for a few stat boosting items. Homestead before: https://i.imgur.com/VtuH0F4.jpg after: https://i.imgur.com/VBEmJqx.png

This game is probably only going to be around for a few more years, (especially since they won't change the business model even though games are shutting down left and right). To each their own, and enjoy it to the fullest however you want (at your own risk). Me changing my name in game and on here is just something I wanted to do before the inevitable. Crimson was the original name I wanted 11 years ago and this will be the name I go down with the ship with.

Besides all that I have my personal reasons and you are free to judge me all you want. Just don't waste too much breath in doing so. This also goes out to anyone else having similar thoughts or opinions on this matter.

:)

Helsa wrote: »
    Thanks Kath!
    -formerly Gaea

Damn should of went with Krims. :smirk:

It's never going to happen Greta! You keep hanging on this. They are not going to do it because this was always the intended design of the new forums, but our team didn't fully realize that at the time. Now what they could do for you and everyone else hanging on custom avatars for the last few years because they derped said 'they are going to look into it' - is just to come out and say that it's not going to happen and to apologize. That way you guys can finally move on and drop it.

While we're on this, I would love for there to be more characters added to our avatar list. Or better yet! Incorporate avatars that are cached from the game itself like KR does. Now that would be cool. :)
    SebastianWolfsinger
  • CrimsọnCrimsọn
    edited July 26, 2019
    oops
    Thanks Kath!

-formerly Gaea

Wow.

People already knew. The bm snitch list was updated almost automatically. Me trying to hide was futile because in the end I was not willing to change my appearance. (Wearing all red with demon wings and a devil tail is a dead give away lol). But it was nice for the first couple of weeks, people had no idea and were nice.

Just goes to show you people don't have to be this way.

I just wish people would get over crap. It's just like this one player who held no hard feelings against me (and was actually unbanned after a few months), he said that this hierarchy is just full of a bunch of bullies who run HOA's irl (lol, something to that effect). When he came back I actually confronted him and apologized. I told him thanks for sticking up for me when the whole damn corrupted community was on top of me. Him of all people.

I don't go out of my way to screw up someone's parade anymore. I haven't for over a year now. It's futile and holy hell if someone finds out you reported them you are screwed for life. The insidious nature of this community is real. It goes almost all the way to the top. But really...I just don't care anymore. To each their own.

Helsa wrote: »
    Thanks Kath!
    -formerly Gaea

Damn should of went with Krims. :smirk:

It's never going to happen Greta! You keep hanging on this. They are not going to do it because this was always the intended design of the new forums, but our team didn't fully realize that at the time. Now what they could do for you and everyone else hanging on custom avatars for the last few years because they derped said 'they are going to look into it' - is just to come out and say that is not going to happen and to apologize. That way you guys can move on.

While we're on this, I would love for there to be more characters added to our avatar list. :)

I wonder what it will be like if everyone used their forum names backwards.
  • CrimsọnCrimsọn

They could do that as an april fools joke, but I think that would be too much work to implement. :smirk:

Wolfsinger
    Smirc wrote: »

They could do that as an april fools joke, but I think that would be too much work to implement. :smirk:

i would definitely be a good prank. But it might scare some people.
    I think I'll try to use it for a new character since I still have cards.
  • CrimsọnCrimsọn
    Smirc wrote: »

i would definitely be a good prank. But it might scare some people.
    I think I'll try to use it for a new character since I still have cards.

I wish it was possible to prank the staff.
    KensamaofmariWolfsinger
  • TNinjaTNinja
    Mabinogi Rep: 9,265
    They're doing what?

No I mean, people really out there making new accounts just for a name?
    Kensamaofmari
  • GretaGreta
    They're doing what?

Yet forums are still dead.
    They're doing what?

Yet forums are still dead.

The threads have eyes.
  • CrimsọnCrimsọn
    edited July 29, 2019
    They're doing what?

Supposedly.

See I messaged Kath on here a day before she posted this. I was requesting a forum name change to reflect my main's ign. I guess she saw this as an opportunity to reduce the alts around here. Thing is though, before Sabina left Sabina actually helped people with their user names, including mine long ago. I'm glad that we have this ability again though, I didn't know we lost it. lol.

It shouldn't become an overwhelming task because I agree the forums are an ancient resource barely anyone uses especially with discord around. The forums are here for us old veterans too stuck in their old ways of communicating. ;)

I bet if it was up to Nexon there would be no forums and CM's would just post blogs where people could comment. heh.
    TwistedxFateSebastianKensamaofmariWolfsingerSherriDarkpixie99Sai