Check out all of the details of this month's Patch Notes, featuring the Mini-games + Quality of Life Update! https://mabinogi.nexon.net/news/91106/mini-games-quality-of-life-update-patch-notes-april-11th
[NEW MILLETIANS] Please note that all new forum users have to be approved before posting. This process can take up to 24 hours, and we appreciate your patience.
If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the Nexon Forums Code of Conduct. You have to register before you can post, so you can log in or create a forum name above to proceed. Thank you for your visit!

Compensation for events that are broken

noobodyzxznoobodyzxz
Mabinogi Rep: 3,990
in Feedback and Suggestions
Compensation for events that are broken or in this case event that got shortened like the balloon event
its not rare for mabiteam to make mistakes on some events especially if a lot of players got affected from the mistake
it doesnt have to be too much just good enough to compensate for the inconvenience

please at least give us 1 special coin, many players didnt expect to have the event shortened.
so far ive met some players (or simply just read their conversation in chat log cause i dont feel like joining in)
where some prefer to take it slow and easy cause they thought they would have enough time to get enough coins
even if they dont give the maximum amount of coins per day.
some would rather spam easier and not time consuming sm
while others would just do the daily and doesnt bother to spam other sm for extra coins
there are those that would only do the dailys if its easy and can be done quickly
and there are players who would only do sm if somebody comes along with them
not all players have the time to actually do sm, some made a new character and are probably not strong enough for sm,
some are still busy with g23 or maybe improving their techniques or something.

and there are those who did their math too early and thought they would have enough coins
by collecting a certain amount of balloons each day before the event got shortened
some players havent given up on this event yet and still spam as much as they could
giving away 1 special coin for the event would make a lot of people happy
(probably)
some would say they could get 2 or more special coins from the amount of time that got shortened
Im not sure if an event got shortened before but this is disappointing

Comments

• UrufuUrufu
    Mabinogi Rep: 880
    A fair point on the surface at least but the title is a little bit misleading since the event was not really 'Broken' per se.

I personally was not too invested in that one, but I understand your point well enough.
  • EraleaEralea
    Mabinogi Rep: 9,890
    You seem to have missed this. I made it bigger so maybe you might see it this time.

DX7yP.png

They literally listed out all the collection periods from the start of the event. When did they ever say that July 25 to Aug 1 would be another collection period?

You misread the announcement (or didn't read it at all), misunderstood the format of the event and instead of owning up to your own mistake, you're freaking out on the forums, calling the event "broken" and "shortened". They did not shorten it. They did not break it. It was clear from the start that there were only 4 collection periods.

Everyone who was capable of reading knew from day 1 that July 24th would be the final collection date. There was no "doing the math too early", only "doing the math wrongly".

But yes, let's demand compensation because people can't read and count.
    CaissaQonspiracyUrufuGretaLeineiKensamaofmariNkeonaFayeKaibaDraechRadiant Dawnand 2 others.
  • GretaGreta
    Mabinogi Rep: 51,805
    Oh, you won't believe how many people can't read in this world...
    KensamaofmariDraechRadiant Dawn
  • PlatinaKokiPlatinaKoki
    Mabinogi Rep: 7,760
    Eralea wrote: »
    You seem to have missed this. I made it bigger so maybe you might see it this time.

DX7yP.png

They literally listed out all the collection periods from the start of the event. When did they ever say that July 25 to Aug 1 would be another collection period?

You misread the announcement (or didn't read it at all), misunderstood the format of the event and instead of owning up to your own mistake, you're freaking out on the forums, calling the event "broken" and "shortened". They did not shorten it. They did not break it. It was clear from the start that there were only 4 collection periods.

Everyone who was capable of reading knew from day 1 that July 24th would be the final collection date. There was no "doing the math too early", only "doing the math wrongly".

But yes, let's demand compensation because people can't read and count.

Yet, it ends on the 1st of August.

So the NPC is just there for an entire week for coins? And if the last collection period ended yesterday, why reset the balloons?
  • EraleaEralea

So the NPC is just there for an entire week for coins? And if the last collection period ended yesterday, why reset the balloons?

Because that's how the event works. You collect balloons for a week, then receive rewards for the previous week during the next one. There was always going to be a non-collection final week so we can get the rewards for the prior week. Do I need to bring out the crayons???

DXlWC.png

If we were allowed to collect during the 5th week, then.... when are we going to get the rewards for that week? The 5 or 7 hour timeframe between midnight reset and maintenance? A 6th week, during which people will complain that the event should continue collections during that week, repeat ad nauseum?
    KatherzFedoraDanNkeonaFayeKaibaDraechRadiant DawnSherri
  • YmetheFirstYmetheFirst
    Mabinogi Rep: 705
    Good job Eralea with thoroughly explaining it to the misinformed players. I tried doing the same in-game these past days, and received ignorance at its finest with players.
    Sherri
  • PlatinaKokiPlatinaKoki
    Mabinogi Rep: 7,760
    Eralea wrote: »

Because that's how the event works. You collect balloons for a week, then receive rewards for the previous week during the next one. There was always going to be a non-collection final week so we can get the rewards for the prior week. Do I need to bring out the crayons???

DXlWC.png

If we were allowed to collect during the 5th week, then.... when are we going to get the rewards for that week? The 5 or 7 hour timeframe between midnight reset and maintenance? A 6th week, during which people will complain that the event should continue collections during that week, repeat ad nauseum?

Things could be handed out automatically by the system. Like hottimes.

Surely you didn't forget that, did you?

As for the flag determining who gets it, that's simple, too. Use something like the login flag for attendance events, except instead of counting logins, you'd count whether or not the player turned in balloons last week.

Simple, no?
  • EraleaEralea
    Things could be handed out automatically by the system. Like hottimes.

Surely you didn't forget that, did you?

As for the flag determining who gets it, that's simple, too. Use something like the login flag for attendance events, except instead of counting logins, you'd count whether or not the player turned in balloons last week.

Simple, no?

Then start a new thread requesting events that are simpler and automated. My issue with this thread is in 1) the OP flat out lying about the event being "shortened/broken" and 2) demanding compensation for an event that worked exactly as intended for the entire run.

This kind of frivolous dishonesty is just a waste of everyone's time (we're obviously not getting compensation for an event that actually worked smoothly for once) and spreads misconceptions to people who may not have noticed that OP got it wrong in the first place. Lie is halfway across the world before the truth gets its shoes on.

The community is already full of entitled complainers and moaners, we don't need to start a culture of requesting compensation for things that didn't even break. I've already made my point and I'm going back to my regularly-scheduled complaining elsewhere. See ya!
    DraechSherriHisahime