Check out all of the details of this month's Patch Notes, featuring the 16th Anniversary and VIP Renewal Update! https://mabinogi.nexon.net/news/90098/16th-anniversary-and-vip-renewal-patch-notes-march-14th
[NEW MILLETIANS] Please note that all new forum users have to be approved before posting. This process can take up to 24 hours, and we appreciate your patience.
If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the Nexon Forums Code of Conduct. You have to register before you can post, so you can log in or create a forum name above to proceed. Thank you for your visit!

Either increase the matching card game timer or...

Comments

• VeylaineVeylaine
    Mabinogi Rep: 4,050
    jjeremy wrote: »
    Greta wrote: »
    I somehow did it perfectly the first time, managing to remember everything I turned over. Maybe try this:
    Get a pen and paper. Hold the pen in one hand, your mouse in the other. Draw a grid equal to the game. Write does a short description of the picture (a word it reminds you of, or even a letter) on the paper grid. While exploring turn the tiles from left to right before going to the next row.

He's not talking about the sliding puzzle.

He's taking about the card-flipping game first introduced in that event with the candy witch, the mini-game of which is slow to react.

I'm interested to know why you would think this advice could even apply to the sliding puzzle. What did you think I meant by "turn over"? Why would you think I'm advising to write down tiles to remember?
    Or were you commenting on what I was saying to tell other people that I'm not talking about the sliding puzzle? Why would someone assume that when the title on the thread refers to "the matching card game"?

I'm saying to YOU that Rhey is not talking about the sliding puzzle.

Your solution makes no sense for the matching game.

It's essentially a memory game. Just because writing things down doesn't help you remember, doesn't mean other people can't benefit from writing things down. It's a memory game. If you write things down you don't have to remember them in your head since they will be on the paper.
    When you flip the cards they flip back again after a few seconds so that you can no longer see them. But they are actually still the same card. You need to know what picture is on the other side so that if you come across the same picture on a different tile you will know where to match it. People have trouble with remembering what picture is on the other side because they forget, but writings on paper will stay there where you can see them. Understand now?

Theres no time to doodle in the paper when time is running and cards won't flip by themselves...

Oh yeah, I suppose most people aren't ambidextrous.

Grats on still missing the point entirely.

The issue is the fact that the cards take far too long to flip over, both when you get a match correct, and when you don't. And, if the server (or your comp) is extra laggy, there's that rare moment when the game thinks you're trying to flip over three cards, or the same card twice (like a double-click), which just eats up more time.

Can you record and upload this issue? I doubt Nexon will fix something without a video showing what exactly is wrong.

please use spoilers lol
    230942523298807809.png?v=1
    PlatinaKokiSherriWolfsingerDraechCrimsọn
  • PlatinaKokiPlatinaKoki
    Mabinogi Rep: 7,760
    edited July 15, 2019
    I somehow did it perfectly the first time, managing to remember everything I turned over. Maybe try this:
    Get a pen and paper. Hold the pen in one hand, your mouse in the other. Draw a grid equal to the game. Write does a short description of the picture (a word it reminds you of, or even a letter) on the paper grid. While exploring turn the tiles from left to right before going to the next row.

He's taking about the card-flipping game first introduced in that event with the candy witch, the mini-game of which is slow to react.

I'm interested to know why you would think this advice could even apply to the sliding puzzle. What did you think I meant by "turn over"? Why would you think I'm advising to write down tiles to remember?
    Or were you commenting on what I was saying to tell other people that I'm not talking about the sliding puzzle? Why would someone assume that when the title on the thread refers to "the matching card game"?

It's essentially a memory game. Just because writing things down doesn't help you remember, doesn't mean other people can't benefit from writing things down. It's a memory game. If you write things down you don't have to remember them in your head since they will be on the paper.
    When you flip the cards they flip back again after a few seconds so that you can no longer see them. But they are actually still the same card. You need to know what picture is on the other side so that if you come across the same picture on a different tile you will know where to match it. People have trouble with remembering what picture is on the other side because they forget, but writings on paper will stay there where you can see them. Understand now?

Theres no time to doodle in the paper when time is running and cards won't flip by themselves...

The issue is the fact that the cards take far too long to flip over, both when you get a match correct, and when you don't. And, if the server (or your comp) is extra laggy, there's that rare moment when the game thinks you're trying to flip over three cards, or the same card twice (like a double-click), which just eats up more time.

Can you record and upload this issue? I doubt Nexon will fix something without a video showing what exactly is wrong.

Can't. Completed it on my first try.
  • JJJJ
    Mabinogi Rep: 5,400
    edited July 15, 2019
    Veylaine wrote: »

please use spoilers lol

At the top-right of the forum click the "..." button. On the left click the "quote settings" option. From there you can control your quote folding option. I recommend 2 levels deep. You'll never need spoilers to fold again.
    Veylaine
  • SherriSherri
    Mabinogi Rep: 18,615
    With the arrival of this new event.. they brought back the cursed memory match game.
    Thoughts?

(P.S This isn't a necro. It's only been 10 days since the last response. I shouldn't have to even mention this but I don't trust anyone anymore o _o)
  • CaissaCaissa
    Mabinogi Rep: 2,175
    The event minigame is optional, so I don't think it will be an issue.
  • JJJJ
    It's kinda dumb that they'd release the minigame again in the new event without even fixing the bug.
  • MilkypockyMilkypocky
    Mabinogi Rep: 1,410
    this stupid minigame wouldnt be so bad if it didnt completely stop you from clicking other cards when you get a match wrong, if you have a spotty connection its like GOOD LUCK LOL
  • JJJJ
    Milkypocky wrote: »
    this stupid minigame wouldnt be so bad if it didnt completely stop you from clicking other cards when you get a match wrong, if you have a spotty connection its like GOOD LUCK LOL

I had a look in the bugs forum and I don't think it's been reported yet. For Nexon to fix this they will need a video of what is happening. Would someone mind providing one so that it can be fixed?
  • CrimsọnCrimsọn
    Mabinogi Rep: 65,165
    Veylaine wrote: »

please use spoilers lol

At the top-right of the forum click the "..." button. On the left click the "quote settings" option. From there you can control your quote folding option. I recommend 2 levels deep. You'll never need spoilers to fold again.

Yeah guys wanna be careful about that. Last year me and a couple others got warnings, for whatever reason they consider it "derailing". lol.
  • WolfsingerWolfsinger
    Mabinogi Rep: 5,875
    Actually while we're here complaining I've a question -
    any tips on actually doing WELL on that cake-stacking game? Cause matching I can do just fine but that apparently I cannot, and on those rare occasions I actually feel like trying, its just a little frustrating XD
  • CrimsọnCrimsọn
    Wolfsinger wrote: »
    any tips on actually doing WELL on that cake-stacking game? Cause matching I can do just fine but that apparently I cannot, and on those rare occasions I actually feel like trying, its just a little frustrating XD

I definitely noticed they made it harder by hampering the moving functions. It's now really slow and really annoying. But I guess people complained that the game was too easy. But just so you know, you only need to complete at least one cake to get the piece.
  • RheyRhey
    Mabinogi Rep: 10,175
    I just wish balancing things, they just don't slide everything to the opposite end of the spectrum. This is how they killed things/create problems they never had in the first place.
  • CrimsọnCrimsọn
    Rhey wrote: »
    I just wish balancing things, they just don't slide everything to the opposite end of the spectrum. This is how they killed things/create problems they never had in the first place.

Yeah totally agree. But it's cool, you only need 1 cake for participation. That was another thing they changed. Before you could just start the game and watch some youtube. Now you actually have to do something. lol.
    Iyasenu
  • WolfsingerWolfsinger
    Crims wrote: »

I definitely noticed they made it harder by hampering the moving functions. It's now really slow and really annoying. But I guess people complained that the game was too easy. But just so you know, you only need to complete at least one cake to get the piece.

That's a relief. One cake and then back to youtube it is :P
  • CrimsọnCrimsọn
    Crims wrote: »

That's a relief. One cake and then back to youtube it is :P

Yep! =P
  • EraleaEralea
    Mabinogi Rep: 9,890
    In my experience the beach event card matching is possible, but only on Alexina and only during dead hours like right now when there aren't a dozen people running around. I'm driving myself crazy trying to do it on Nao. The cards won't flip in time again, just like in g23.

Also the way lag spikes affect the minigames is kinda interesting, it looks like both stacky cake and dye making have the spawn rate as a function of the timer but the drop rate as a function of the frame rate, so if you get a lag spike it'll keep spawning things without dropping them properly. And then the games turn into cancer.

DYhgC.png

DZsXJ.png

This is my life now.
    Sherri
  • CrimsọnCrimsọn
    Oh man I thought devcat was just screwing with me on purpose. "Oh the dyes are too easy to make, we need to amp it up!" Little do they know I know how to compensate on the fly and my mass stockpile of dyes continues to grow. Thank god these do not expire.

*KNOCKS ON WOOD* REEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEE!!!
    Wolfsinger
  • KensamaofmariKensamaofmari
    Mabinogi Rep: 34,745
    The cake game is for this feller, who probably rigged it.

"Cake cake cake...jelly jelly jelly... Candy candy candy... I want some."
    164px-Trade_Assistant_Imp.png
    IyasenuSherri
  • WolfsingerWolfsinger
    Eralea wrote: »
    In my experience the beach event card matching is possible, but only on Alexina and only during dead hours like right now when there aren't a dozen people running around. I'm driving myself crazy trying to do it on Nao. The cards won't flip in time again, just like in g23.

Also the way lag spikes affect the minigames is kinda interesting, it looks like both stacky cake and dye making have the spawn rate as a function of the timer but the drop rate as a function of the frame rate, so if you get a lag spike it'll keep spawning things without dropping them properly. And then the games turn into cancer.

DYhgC.png

DZsXJ.png

This is my life now.

WOW-
  • RheyRhey
    Mabinogi Rep: 10,175
    Devkitty needs better tweakers fo sure. Who are they using for playtesters? MLG-peeps?