Check out all of the details of this month's Patch Notes, featuring the 16th Anniversary and VIP Renewal Update! https://mabinogi.nexon.net/news/90098/16th-anniversary-and-vip-renewal-patch-notes-march-14th
[NEW MILLETIANS] Please note that all new forum users have to be approved before posting. This process can take up to 24 hours, and we appreciate your patience.
If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the Nexon Forums Code of Conduct. You have to register before you can post, so you can log in or create a forum name above to proceed. Thank you for your visit!

Jousting Finals

Comments

• MusicatMusicat
    Mabinogi Rep: 2,320
    edited July 29, 2019
    How did the Finals go last Sunday? I'd bet they did take place, since I had a post-participation notification when I woke up.
  • KensamaofmariKensamaofmari
    Mabinogi Rep: 34,745
    edited July 29, 2019
    Musicat wrote: »
    How did the Finals go last Sunday? I'd bet they did take place, since I had a post-participation notification when I woke up.

July 28
    Alexina No Tournament

I lost in the 1st Round as I had predicted. Helsa broke the game making several people get 1st round byes.
  • GretaGreta
    Mabinogi Rep: 51,805
    edited July 29, 2019
    Nexon needs to revamp Jousting. The rewards are not worth it and the dumb restriction of times and days of these tournaments make it impossible for EU playerbase to even see or experience it. It's been 5 years and i yet need to see how the tournament works or even looks like. Because it happens veeeery early in the morning of already freaking Monday! All i ever did was fight against NPC's and my husband few years ago just to try it and was super dissappointed when i realized that i will never be able to try the tournament part. Combat mechanics of this "mini-game" looks really weird too and just pointless to even try to grasp it.
    Greta wrote: »
    Nexon needs to revamp Jousting. The rewards are not worth it and the dumb restriction of times and days of these tournaments make it impossible for EU playerbase to even see or experience it. It's been 5 years and i yet need to see how the tournament works or even looks like. Because it happens veeeery early in the morning of already freaking Monday! All i ever did was fight against NPC's and my husband few years ago just to try it and was super dissappointed when i realized that i will never be able to try the tournament part. Combat mechanics of this "mini-game" looks really weird too and just pointless to even try to grasp it.

1st off, rewards really do need to have some upgrades to attract people.
    And yes, EU players suffer because the finals tournament occurs in the early morning hours of a Monday and that hurts participation.
  • CrimsọnCrimsọn
    Mabinogi Rep: 65,165
    Yeah the rewards are crap, hence why me and others don't even bother with it. Rafting rewards could also use an update.
    Crims wrote: »
    Yeah the rewards are crap, hence why me and others don't even bother with it. Rafting rewards could also use an update.

Which is why I have been considering to make a tournament that gives out a prize. But right now, there is enough interest on Nao that gives us a tournament on most weekends. Enough people who want bragging rights.
  • HelsaHelsa
    Mabinogi Rep: 23,380

Oh please! You were there. You think I'd forget your human character already!

July 28
    Alexina No Tournament

I lost in the 1st Round as I had predicted. Helsa broke the game making several people get 1st round byes.

LIAR. You got a bye out of the first round (YOURE FRIGGEN WELCOME) and lost in the second!

I'm on the same server as you Gretzers. Look me up if you want lessons.

Which is why I have been considering to make a tournament that gives out a prize. But right now, there is enough interest on Nao that gives us a tournament on most weekends. Enough people who want bragging rights.

The channel helps with that. Once enough people start watching it regularly. It happened on ALX.

Here is Nao's final for 2019 07 28. We had 15-1. ALX had 2 so no final there.
    KensamaofmariWolfsinger
    Helsa wrote: »

July 28
    Alexina No Tournament

LIAR. You got a bye out of the first round (YOURE FRIGGEN WELCOME) and lost in the second!

I'm on the same server as you Gretzers. Look me up if you want lessons.

The channel helps with that. Once enough people start watching it regularly. It happened on ALX.

Here is Nao's final for 2019 07 28. We had 15-1. ALX had 2 so no final there.

Yeah because you broke the game lol
  • HelsaHelsa

It's a bug. Actually, it is.

But why did it happen just yesterday? Perhaps from the recent maint issues?
  • HelsaHelsa

But why did it happen just yesterday? Perhaps from the recent maint issues?

No, it is a bug because it has happened on Alexina. In this case it turned out that I was the fifteenth jouster, and should have faced an NPC. I didn't know this at the time. As you know I register to help make sure there's enough people but I don't compete. During the first phase I couldn't choose to leave because my match was not yet given an arena. When that choice came up I quit as the game allows. Since I was to face the NPC it cancelled that entire match. So the game got confused. My guess is that even though they give us the ability to quit they never actually expected anyone to do it. So, in code there is an ambiguous situation, that probably causes the game to think that the current round has completed and so it begins the next. Without seeing the actual code though I can only speculate.
    Kensamaofmari
  • MusicatMusicat
    edited July 30, 2019
    Because it happens veeeery early in the morning of already freaking Monday!
    when I woke up.
    Oh, you have no idea... >w<
    HellOo, I told you I was going to take a nap and leave it to be random. And there's the "post-participation" word, which means I'm fully aware of my character's participation in the Tournament.
    Combat mechanics of this "mini-game" looks really weird too and just pointless to even try to grasp it.
    There's a whole dispute in this thread about it. Basically, it's advanced Rock-Paper-Scissors. You may choose to follow the Way of Fortune to avoid grasping things that confuse you (to be noted: I do this for a different reason). And yes, you may also choose to follow the Way of Math (not to be confused with the dungeon) and learn something from Helsa.

As for the rewards, I'm pretty fine with the current reward pool, but they could decrease some goods' cost. I won't vote for an additional special prize because there are Lileas' Organization Boxes given out for every first victory of the day (as long as you make a bet with her). I realize that you mostly get food or blacksmithing manuals out of them, so it's already quite an advantage for those who do Jousting for the manuals. I'm sure there's also a small chance to obtain other items that she has in her shop out of those boxes. More than that, you can exchange Joustmaster's Emblems (received by winning) with Hooliger the drummer guy for the same boxes (but this really seems odd). And if you get to the Finals and lose in the first round, you still get more points than for losing in the Preliminaries, but if you win several rounds you may gain a whole lot of points. There's also a special first title for jousters, but it doesn't demand any Finals victory, so it's off the mark in this answer, but still. I don't think they'll add stuff like special potions or dye ampoules, because it'll become more of a typical event than of a dailyweekly activity. They could add some special enchantment scrolls though.
  • HelsaHelsa
    when I woke up.

They're in Lithuania; they have some idea.
    GretaWolfsinger
  • MusicatMusicat
    edited July 30, 2019
    when I woke up.

They're in Lithuania; they have some idea.

Of course, you're right. And it was clear from the person's comment. I used that not more than as a throw-in phrase.
  • HelsaHelsa
    Away, not in.
  • MusicatMusicat
    @Helsa , in this case it's in 0v0
  • HelsaHelsa
    Nao had 15-1 for its jousting finals this week. Alexina had 7, so no go.
  • GretaGreta

Alexina confirmed dead, R.I.P.

Is it?
  • GretaGreta
    edited August 5, 2019

Is it?

Well... I'm lately having trouble filling a 3-5 player party for Elite SM. This is just awful... Never had such issues in the last 5 years and now it's happening almost daily. Girgashiy raids happen just after reset, one or two runs and poof, people are gone. So if you somehow didn't finish yours in that single run, you are most likely won't be able to for that day.
    And Jousting is non-existent, as always.