Check out all of the details of this month's Patch Notes, featuring the 16th Anniversary and VIP Renewal Update! https://mabinogi.nexon.net/news/90098/16th-anniversary-and-vip-renewal-patch-notes-march-14th
[NEW MILLETIANS] Please note that all new forum users have to be approved before posting. This process can take up to 24 hours, and we appreciate your patience.
If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the Nexon Forums Code of Conduct. You have to register before you can post, so you can log in or create a forum name above to proceed. Thank you for your visit!

Let us use existing glasses as Face Accessories

CalibryCalibry
Mabinogi Rep: 905
in Feedback and Suggestions
I came back to Mabi because I thought, "Hey, maybe I can wear a hat with my Folding Glasses!" Nope, they don't go in the slot, and there's no workaround either (when one is easily possible, just throw Folding Glasses (Face) in Walter's stock)! I've gotta buy overpriced 20m gacha glasses, because...

Honestly, there's not any reason for this besides wanting to sell more gachas. But here's the rub; even from this standpoint, this is a terrible idea. More people will use the style tab if the readily available glasses can be used, and the new glasses and other junk are all unique enough that they'll sell anyway. So the only good reason is... not wanting to put in the token effort?

My proposal is that all headgear that is a pair of glasses or a mask be allowed in the Face Accessories slot. If this is not possible, then instead, allow such items to be converted to Face Accessories via an NPC, maybe Simon (he's the fashion guy) or Walter (he sells glasses and is in Dunbarton). If I'm being honest, this should've been a thing from day one.

If there is any reason that you don't believe this should be done, let me know in the comments. Feedback is appreciated.
SherriGretaSebastianNegumikoSollSuu

Comments

• SherriSherri
    Mabinogi Rep: 18,615
    Agreed, sick and tired of everything being locked behind gacha. I thought the tails were bad but this is getting ridiculous.
    Sebastian
  • SebastianSebastian
    Mabinogi Rep: 6,870
    edited July 31, 2019
    I don't know what they were thinking making a whole new separate subset of items viable for the face slot, then also having the bare minimum of options available whilst barring older items. Part of me feels they're slowly going to push forward remade versions of currently existing facial items in Gacha that are compatible. It's actually quite scummy considering some of the more favorable glasses/masks in game were already locked behind Gacha paywalls.

Interesting tid-bit, some older glasses cannot be equipped in the headgear slot while wearing the new accessories (in fact, a message pops up and tells you so), however some don't warrant this prompt (notably Sleek shades)-- so not only is it scummy, but it's also haphazardly implemented because KR doesn't even have the energy to tell you or restrict you from some headgear glasses. If they don't have the energy to block that, they sure as hell don't have the energy to suddenly make all glasses compatible. Sure wish they did, though.
    SherriCalibry
  • IyasenuIyasenu
    Mabinogi Rep: 24,265
    Heck, what if they added a "Face Accessory Conversion" item or adding a function to Handicraft to turn something like...
    "Wood-Framed Glasses (Face Accessory)"
    And the material cost would be "Wood-Framed Glasses" x1 and the success rate could be fixed at 100%.

Of course the best solution would just be to make such items compatible in the first case.
    Even if they implemented it like they did Crossbow piercing, where only Crossbows generated after the patch had piercing, while old ones would be without.
    CalibryLeadtSuu
  • GretaGreta
    Mabinogi Rep: 51,805
    edited August 1, 2019
    This is the level of EA's greed. Instead of updating old items they better make same "new" ones to continue to cash grab people. Disgusting.
    CalibrySherri
  • UrufuUrufu
    Mabinogi Rep: 880
    Greta wrote: »
    This is the level if EA's greed. Instead of updating old items they better make same "new" ones to continue to cash grab people. Disgusting.

Yes... Yes it is.

I keep saying it over and over again. I love this game. I truly do. No one does it like Mabi...

But Gatcha's HAVE to die. The sooner, the better.
    Sherri
  • DanievictriaDanievictria
    Mabinogi Rep: 3,695
    This is the level if EA's greed. Instead of updating old items they better make same "new" ones to continue to cash grab people. Disgusting.

...And that's not even counting how they're treating The Sims right now...Really, when people talk about EA's crap, they never talk about how they've totally botched things when it comes to The Sims 4...and it's only a hair's breadth away from the lootbox/gatcha problem way too many other games have these days. I love The Sims, but I'm not buying a single new pack until they get werewolves and magic in already (They only just got mermaids...Like, 3 years after they finally added vampires...which was, like 2 years after aliens...and a whole bunch of garbage stuff packs in between. Yeah, it's one step away from becoming a gatcha-based nightmare...).

But, back on topic, converting existing eyeware to the face slot is just a no-brainer. Heck, if they want to make money off of it, they could sell a $1 slot conversion kit in the cash shop.
    SherriSuu
  • GretaGreta
    Mabinogi Rep: 51,805
    edited August 1, 2019

...And that's not even counting how they're treating The Sims right now...Really, when people talk about EA's crap, they never talk about how they've totally botched things when it comes to The Sims 4...and it's only a hair's breadth away from the lootbox/gatcha problem way too many other games have these days. I love The Sims, but I'm not buying a single new pack until they get werewolves and magic in already (They only just got mermaids...Like, 3 years after they finally added vampires...which was, like 2 years after aliens...and a whole bunch of garbage stuff packs in between. Yeah, it's one step away from becoming a gatcha-based nightmare...).

But, back on topic, converting existing eyeware to the face slot is just a no-brainer. Heck, if they want to make money off of it, they could sell a $1 slot conversion kit in the cash shop.

YES. I have been talking about this too! The way EA treats TS4 is just horrible! Buy all DLC's! And then buy DLC's for your other DLC's!
    I think you need to spend over 400$ to get the full game! Because the base game with no Extensions Packs and DLC's gets very boring within hour since there's nothing much to do...
    I will never buy this game sadly lol.
    CalibrySherriDanievictriaSuu
  • LeadtLeadt
    Mabinogi Rep: 1,275
    Agreed. I would totally like to wear a hat + glasses at the same time!..