Check out all of the details of this month's Patch Notes, featuring the 16th Anniversary and VIP Renewal Update! https://mabinogi.nexon.net/news/90098/16th-anniversary-and-vip-renewal-patch-notes-march-14th
[NEW MILLETIANS] Please note that all new forum users have to be approved before posting. This process can take up to 24 hours, and we appreciate your patience.
If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the Nexon Forums Code of Conduct. You have to register before you can post, so you can log in or create a forum name above to proceed. Thank you for your visit!

What's Your Personal Mabi Goal?

DanievictriaDanievictria
Mabinogi Rep: 3,695
in General Chat
Because Mabi is such an open game, and everyone's definition of what it means to succeed in the game is a bit different, I decided to make this thread so we can share our personal in-game goals with each other.

My personal in-game goal is a modest one: To be able to run every Normal difficulty dungeon up to Rundal solo with proper preparation so that whenever I log in, I can just pop into whatever dungeon suits my fancy to explore, kick some butt, and get some loot. If I ever get bored with that, then I'll think about Rabbie Phantasm and Abyss Dungeons, but I think focusing on the Normal difficulty for now will keep me from getting too ahead of myself (I do have a tendency to get carried away/overwhelmed by huge goals), and gives me a clear set of milestones to work toward.

So, what's your Mabi Goal? Answer the poll and/or share here!
  1. What's Your Goal?29 votes
    1. To be a powerful endgame BEAST!
       17% (5 votes)
    2. To be a master crafter!
       7% (2 votes)
    3. To get RICH!
       21% (6 votes)
    4. To explore every nook and cranny of Erinn!
       10% (3 votes)
    5. To beat every dungeon at least once!
       10% (3 votes)
    6. To make lots of friends!
       7% (2 votes)
    7. To be the fairest in the land!
       10% (3 votes)
    8. To be a superb PvPer!
       0% (0 votes)
    9. To collect all the PRECIOUSES!
       7% (2 votes)
    10. To be a master griefer!
       10% (3 votes)

Comments

• WolfsingerWolfsinger
    Mabinogi Rep: 5,875
    At the moment I'm personally trying to beat every dungeon, but I also kinda wanna explore the farthest reaches of Erinn possible, so....
    Danievictria
  • AquasolAquasol
    Mabinogi Rep: 5,465
    Member, Volunteer Forum Moderator
    Well, I have the full set of toilet chairs, so one of my goals was already hit, so...I wanna be the best meganekko I can be.
    DanievictriaKensamaofmari
  • GretaGreta
    Mabinogi Rep: 51,805
    To finally quit it.
    DanievictriaCrimsọnRadiant Dawn
  • KensamaofmariKensamaofmari
    Mabinogi Rep: 34,745
    edited August 9, 2019
    Greta wrote: »
    To finally quit it.

Massive goal.

For me, it's gonna be to finally work on those storylines.
    DanievictriaWolfsinger
  • SebastianSebastian
    Mabinogi Rep: 6,870
    Dan 3 Master of Magic Craft.

So close, yet so far.
    DanievictriaLadame
  • AlshianAlshian
    Mabinogi Rep: 7,065
    Mabi Goal? Erg lvl 50 Celtic Guardian staff although that goal appears unreachable and likely take years...with sheer amount of luck.
    Danievictria
  • CrimsọnCrimsọn
    Mabinogi Rep: 65,155
    edited August 10, 2019
    5izPV5t.png

disaster-girl.jpg
    (You know whats funny? This kid is my childhood doppelganger. Like seriously people would of thought we were twins. lol).

WolfsingerDanievictriaRadiant Dawn
  • CaissaCaissa
    Mabinogi Rep: 2,175
    My goal at the start of this Master Plan event was to get my remaining skills to rank 1 by the end of it. Aside from a few elusive books, I am on track to meet that goal.
    DanievictriaKensamaofmariSmekkster
  • CrimsọnCrimsọn
    edited August 10, 2019
    Yeah thanks to this year's summer event I am now officially rank 1 of everything and I even started working on some dans. I was also finally able to upgrade to saint guardian because I liquidated my homestead. (Seriously I had no idea I had over 250m worth of homestead stuff just laying around, the gold just poured in lol). I figured better get my dream armor now or never and enjoy some glory while I can.

So I guess my next goal is to dan 3 everything that can be dan'd. But I am not gonna sweat it too much, just being rank 1 everything after all these years is awesome enough. I have almost 2k ap left over.

Thanks Nexon for this summer event and the massive amount of ap and training you gave us. It was insane. XD Especially that 1 hour of 10x training, holy hell got Hilwen from rank F to rank 1 in just an hour. I don't know exactly why you did something that crazy for us, but I think it has something do along the lines of why I liquidated and yolo'd for some new awesome armor.
    Danievictria
  • NegumikoNegumiko
    Mabinogi Rep: 9,765
    well my first goal was to collect every cat transformation in mabi which I have achieved. still hoping for Cat Sith monsters to become a transformation in the future. current goal is to complete the entire transformation journal. future goal is to eventually start working on my cooking talent.
    Danievictria
  • SherriSherri
    Mabinogi Rep: 18,615
    I have quite a few; 1. Complete the Transformation Journal, NPCs included (but I doubt that'll ever be accomplished since Nexon loves gacha) 2. Collect all the gestures (Also gachalocked. Great.) 3. Master all the talents (this one I'm not really going for tbh, but it would be a nice accomplishment.) And finally 4. To get rich. I'm sick of having to worry about gold whenever I want to buy something.
    Danievictria
  • RheyRhey
    Mabinogi Rep: 10,175
    I've finally assembled the FSN set so I'm pretty much done head-hunting. I already have billions in assets so money is no longer an actively sought goal. I've already seen the peak of battlenogi. Found my unique flair of flashinogi in the fashion department. R1 everything. Only thing left is either waiting for a p2w method to cheeze dan or Nexon get rid/reduce the rng factors I guess. So i just log in for rewards and do generational stuff when I can if there's new ones. Collab events are my only other thing I look forward to with anticipation.
    Danievictria
  • CrimsọnCrimsọn
    edited August 10, 2019
    Sherri wrote: »
    I have quite a few; 1. Complete the Transformation Journal, NPCs included (but I doubt that'll ever be accomplished since Nexon loves gacha) 2. Collect all the gestures (Also gachalocked. Great.) 3. Master all the talents (this one I'm not really going for tbh, but it would be a nice accomplishment.) And finally 4. To get rich. I'm sick of having to worry about gold whenever I want to buy something.

Almost everything is gacha locked. The day they gacha lock story content will be the day WE quit.

And if I get in trouble for that comment then you are part of the problem. We as customers shouldn't be so accepting of these business tactics. It's just wrong.
  • RheyRhey
    Mabinogi Rep: 10,175
    Crims wrote: »
    Sherri wrote: »

You will never be able to fully complete the transformation diary because gacha.

Yup, why it was a dream goal I crossed off my list. Cuz impossibru. :(
  • CrimsọnCrimsọn
    They really need to go back and change the transformation diary to include transformations we can collect by actually killing these monsters and bosses. Bosses like Duke, Sephirot, Kraken, Balor, Sylvan Dragon...just to name a few of which have been pay walled. These are bosses we should be able to collect through combat.
    Sherri
  • HelsaHelsa
    Mabinogi Rep: 23,380
    Same as everyone else: all the above; but that's not a choice.
    Danievictria
  • CrimsọnCrimsọn
    Helsa wrote: »
    Same as everyone else: all the above; but that's not a choice.

No it's not a choice, it's something that needs to be changed.
    edited August 12, 2019
    I finally did 1/3 of a G11 quest yesterday and ranked up some ninja skills. (Thank you brown foxes for your sacrifice).
    Danievictria
  • DanievictriaDanievictria
    Mabinogi Rep: 3,695
    I finally did 1/3 of a G11 quest yesterday and ranked up some ninja skills. (Thank you brown foxes for your sacrifice).

Tir's fox population: The Cannon Fodder of Erinn.

Tir's fox population: The Cannon Fodder of Erinn.

Hey, they're the only ones that have a high pop density in an convenient area.
    Danievictria