Check out all of the details of this month's Patch Notes, featuring the 16th Anniversary and VIP Renewal Update! https://mabinogi.nexon.net/news/90098/16th-anniversary-and-vip-renewal-patch-notes-march-14th
[NEW MILLETIANS] Please note that all new forum users have to be approved before posting. This process can take up to 24 hours, and we appreciate your patience.
If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the Nexon Forums Code of Conduct. You have to register before you can post, so you can log in or create a forum name above to proceed. Thank you for your visit!

"Pipe Burst" Keeps Appearing.

ZetophiZetophi
Mabinogi Rep: 1,425
edited August 14, 2019 in Technical Support
When I Try to get on this site from Firefox, I keep getting a Download prompt for "Pipe Burst" or something... And it auto closes the tab when this happens too.
Not sure what it is referencing to but I am not downloading it.

Comments

• HelsaHelsa
    Mabinogi Rep: 23,380
    I used to use Firefox to browse this site; it failed me. I used IE now.
  • ZetophiZetophi
    Mabinogi Rep: 1,425
    I use Firefox for everything... I use ME and Chrome as a back up.
    The problem seems to affect Fire Fox hmm?
  • KensamaofmariKensamaofmari
    Mabinogi Rep: 34,745
    Maybe update Firefox?
  • DraechDraech
    Mabinogi Rep: 4,390
    edited August 14, 2019
    I use Firefox and never once got that. Make sure to clear your Browser cache/history as the very first step, and maybe reinstall Firefox if you think your installation may be at risk, since those kinds of popups tend to appear if you've ever downloaded sketchy stuff. Since Firefox can also have some weird moments, if you're comfortable using a more technical version of it, Firefox Nightly can be a good alternative to resolve the issue.
  • KttyKtty
    Mabinogi Rep: 6,415
    Zetophi wrote: »
    When I Try to get on this site from Firefox, I keep getting a Download prompt for "Pipe Burst" or something... And it auto closes the tab when this happens too.
    Not sure what it is referencing to but I am not downloading it.

definitely don't download that. sounds like u got a infection that's hijacking your browser to get u to DL Trojans and such. Sadly you can get those hijacks just by bening connected to the internet and don't necessarily have to visit any sketchy sites. running a detailed scan with your AV may/may not find it immediately.
    Draech
  • KensamaofmariKensamaofmari
    Mabinogi Rep: 34,745
    One of the problems of Firefox is that it pretty much is open to any type of download software of browser extensions/plugins. As others have suggested, it may be best to uninstall and install a new version of Firefox to see if that helps. Try to disable access by any unnecessary software or extensions from being downloaded. Also make sure to do a scan to make sure you haven't had any infections into your computer.

Be wary when trying to download or venturing to 3rd party downloading sites via Firefox.
  • HelsaHelsa
    Mabinogi Rep: 23,380
    Moving forward you might want to set-up another local standard windows account on your computer strictly for viewing internet "artwork", and downloading fan-made computer game experience enhancement "files" and use a specific browser only configured for that account.