Check out all of the details of this month's Patch Notes, featuring the Mini-games + Quality of Life Update! https://mabinogi.nexon.net/news/91106/mini-games-quality-of-life-update-patch-notes-april-11th
[NEW MILLETIANS] Please note that all new forum users have to be approved before posting. This process can take up to 24 hours, and we appreciate your patience.
If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the Nexon Forums Code of Conduct. You have to register before you can post, so you can log in or create a forum name above to proceed. Thank you for your visit!

How Do I Bypass the Returned Player Quest?

DanievictriaDanievictria
Mabinogi Rep: 3,695
in Help
I'm playing on a relatively new character right now, and I want to complete the Adventure Seal Shop quest, but I can't bypass the "Returned Milletian" quest, even when I choose the "Maybe Next Time" option. I want to save those benefits and quests for later (I don't know which character to even use it on, since I want to maximize its use and all and I don't want to waste it), but I can't get to the NPC's normal dialogue with that thing active. Is there any way to bypass it so I can just talk to the seal merchant normally?

Comments

• KttyKtty
    Mabinogi Rep: 6,415
    There is no bypassing that quest. You either complete it or give it up. If you give it up you can't get it back.
  • DanievictriaDanievictria
    Aw. Thanks. I guess I'll have to wait until later to complete that seal shop quest, then. They really should have an option to allow players to save that quest for later and still get to the Dunbarton seal merchant, though. That's really annoying...
  • HelsaHelsa
    Mabinogi Rep: 23,380
    Aren't there two seal merchants? Are you shut out of both of them?
  • DanievictriaDanievictria
    Helsa wrote: »
    Aren't there two seal merchants? Are you shut out of both of them?

Just the one, but I was trying to complete the tutorial quest where you talk to both merchants. It does give 5 adventure seals, after all. Like I said, the character I'm playing on right now is relatively new. I just don't want to use up the "Returned" quest just yet, since I haven't decided which of my characters I should actually do it on. It's just a little annoying that they programmed that quest in such a way that it totally locks you out of the Dunbarton seal merchant, which makes that one beginner quest impossible to complete until you take on/reject the "Returned" quest. I wish it was more like certain skill quests, where you can turn down one to get to the next one in that NPC's que of skills and save the other one for later.
  • KttyKtty
    Mabinogi Rep: 6,415
    ... I wish it was more like certain skill quests, where you can turn down one to get to the next one in that NPC's que of skills and save the other one for later.

That I agree with that. I couldn't understand why it was coded that way myself.
    Danievictria
  • KensamaofmariKensamaofmari
    Mabinogi Rep: 34,745
    Well you can get the quests back if you go on a similar hiatus and return.
  • asnscorpioasnscorpio
    Mabinogi Rep: 2,500
    Can you really? I thought you can only get the Returned Millitian quest once. As for why you can't have a normal conversation with the adventure seal merchant to see their wares when the quest is active is beyond me.
  • KensamaofmariKensamaofmari
    Mabinogi Rep: 34,745
    asnscorpio wrote: »
    Can you really? I thought you can only get the Returned Millitian quest once. As for why you can't have a normal conversation with the adventure seal merchant to see their wares when the quest is active is beyond me.

I'm pretty sure I've gotten them again after a few 6 months absences. Not sure if that has recently changed.