Check out all of the details of this month's Patch Notes, featuring the 16th Anniversary and VIP Renewal Update! https://mabinogi.nexon.net/news/90098/16th-anniversary-and-vip-renewal-patch-notes-march-14th
[NEW MILLETIANS] Please note that all new forum users have to be approved before posting. This process can take up to 24 hours, and we appreciate your patience.
If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the Nexon Forums Code of Conduct. You have to register before you can post, so you can log in or create a forum name above to proceed. Thank you for your visit!

can we get a update on the paid name change

AkirachuAkirachu
Mabinogi Rep: 5,260
in General Chat
its been awhile are we even getting it?

Comments

• GretaGreta
    Mabinogi Rep: 51,805
    Forget it. It's gone with VIP Update.
    Sherri
  • CrimsọnCrimsọn
    Mabinogi Rep: 65,165
    Greta wrote: »

This.

We need more transparency Nexon~
  • KensamaofmariKensamaofmari
    Mabinogi Rep: 34,745
    Crims wrote: »

This.

We need more transparency Nexon~

They're a company, not government!

But companies, especially public ones do have a growth in transparency this day in age.
  • SebastianSebastian
    Mabinogi Rep: 6,870
    edited August 23, 2019
    Probably not. Updates like these have a strange trajectory that's ultimately altered by either sudden inability to implement it despite witnessing it's possible, or fading into obscurity.

Y'know, like custom forum avatars, and what Greta said about VIP.

No tea no shade, Nexon
    GretaSherri
    Sebastian wrote: »
    Probably not. Updates like these have a strange trajectory that's ultimately altered by either sudden inability to implement it despite witnessing it's possible, or fading into obscurity.

Y'know, like custom forum avatars, and what Greta said about VIP.

No tea no shade, Nexon

Well some changes took many years before it happened.
  • SebastianSebastian

That's fair, but I'm really just talking about the things NA representatives have spoken about, then stop speaking about when people begin to question its validity.
    GretaSherri

That's fair, but I'm really just talking about the things NA representatives have spoken about, then stop speaking about when people begin to question its validity.

Well we did have that company restructuring not too long ago...
  • CrimsọnCrimsọn

And we had one last year.

And we had one last year.

Things can get scrapped with changes.
  • SebastianSebastian

True, but I don't think it would be too difficult to let the playerbase know that, at the very least.
  • CrimsọnCrimsọn
    edited August 23, 2019

True, but I don't think it would be too difficult to let the playerbase know that, at the very least.

One thing I know Nexon will never ever do is tell the players that they are not getting something, especially even if they officially announced that they were going to release something. I've been here for over 11 years, they have never said anything like that. The things I do know that they do is to not say anything. They either deliver or give us silence.

I am very serious, you have no idea. This is how they always operate. This is the only way they are allowed to operate. They are not allowed to tell us bleep especially if they discover they can't give us what they said they would. And you know why? Because people would go ballistic if they told the truth. It's actually better that they do keep their mouths shut or it would be complete chaos.
    Sherri
  • SebastianSebastian
    edited August 23, 2019

One thing I know Nexon will never ever do is tell the players that they are not getting something, especially even if they officially announced that they were going to release something. I've been here for over 11 years, they have never said anything like that. The things I do know that they do is to not say anything. They either deliver or give us silence.

I am very serious, you have no idea. This is how they always operate. This is the only way they are allowed to operate. They are not allowed to tell us bleep especially if they discover they can't give us what they said they would. And you know why? Because people would go ballistic if they told the truth. It's actually better that they do keep their mouths shut or it would be complete chaos.

This isn't necessarily news. I've been here for a shorter period than you have and I still understand this. It doesn't change my stance that it's not difficult. And I'm sure plenty of us have the idea right. Let's not get ahead of ourselves here.

Also, it's not always best to keep silent. That's... silly, to say the least. There likely wouldn't be any more "chaos" than what there already is. People will find out anyway. Always have, always will. Some appreciate the gesture of being told instead of having to go out of their way to figure it out from some 3rd party. But without them ever attempting to talk about this stuff, nobody will ever know if it would be chaos. Nobody.
  • xrdejixrdeji
    Mabinogi Rep: 505
    Nexon noted in the patch notes a few weeks ago that it will be delayed because they need updates to their backend infrastructure to implement it properly.
    Sakura2503
  • SherriSherri
    Mabinogi Rep: 18,615

Heh, beat me to it. ¯\_(ツ)_/¯

This isn't necessarily news. I've been here for a shorter period than you have and I still understand this. It doesn't change my stance that it's not difficult. And I'm sure plenty of us have the idea right. Let's not get ahead of ourselves here.

Also, it's not always best to keep silent. That's... silly, to say the least. There likely wouldn't be any more "chaos" than what there already is. People will find out anyway. Always have, always will. Some appreciate the gesture of being told instead of having to go out of their way to figure it out from some 3rd party. But without them ever attempting to talk about this stuff, nobody will ever know if it would be chaos. Nobody.

In the end, they're a Korean company.
  • PlatinaKokiPlatinaKoki
    Mabinogi Rep: 7,760

That have to follow United States laws if they wish to continue operating here.
    Sebastian

That have to follow United States laws if they wish to continue operating here.

That too.
  • RuinitiveRuinitive
    Mabinogi Rep: 1,180
    They have some part of it done, it'd be nice if they would just let older/higher level people who play the game a lot be able to get free name changes so they can actually get names they want. I really just want to change my name already I'm scared the one I want is going to get taken by some alt, all because I made a unique name and didn't get a + server after my name...
  • AkirachuAkirachu
    Mabinogi Rep: 5,260
    remember when they had that sale for the vip and they said we should get it now cuz the revamp vip well its almost September and still no revamp