Check out all of the details of this month's Patch Notes, featuring the 16th Anniversary and VIP Renewal Update! https://mabinogi.nexon.net/news/90098/16th-anniversary-and-vip-renewal-patch-notes-march-14th
[NEW MILLETIANS] Please note that all new forum users have to be approved before posting. This process can take up to 24 hours, and we appreciate your patience.
If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the Nexon Forums Code of Conduct. You have to register before you can post, so you can log in or create a forum name above to proceed. Thank you for your visit!

Anime Crossover Events

TwistedxFateTwistedxFate
Mabinogi Rep: 1,690
in Feedback and Suggestions
Here's my suggestions for anime crossovers, I doubt that we will see more crossovers any time soon.. and feel free to add some that you would also like to see

"That Time I Got Reincarnated as a Slime"

"Fairy Tail"

"Ansatsu Kyoushitsu" (Assassination Classroom)

"Fruits Basket"
Darkpixie99xSho76Nemereko

Comments

• DraechDraech
    Mabinogi Rep: 4,390
    - Arifureta: From Commonplace to World's Strongest (there's alchemy, revolvers, magic and traditional RPG classes)
    - Grimgar of Fantasy and Ash (this show needs a second season/more visibility)
    - RWBY
    Harukari
  • MiliardoMiliardo
    Mabinogi Rep: 1,470
    Konosuba
    Overlord
    Tanya the Evil

Definitely not because of isekai quartet or the fact that we already got re:zero
  • PlatinaKokiPlatinaKoki
    Mabinogi Rep: 7,760
    Asking the wrong people, bro.
  • GretaGreta
    Mabinogi Rep: 51,805
    edited August 25, 2019
    I want a mansion, yacht, personal zoo park and ice skating rink.
    Please Nexon NA, we need this.
  • NegumikoNegumiko
    Mabinogi Rep: 9,775
    would love to see more anime events. what about a Avatar: The Last Airbender crossover? I know it is kind of a old show now but it could have some pretty cool costumes, maybe release a baby sky bison as a free event pet and sell a big sky bison in the cash shop. the Mir Dragon pet already fits the kind of dragons members of the Fire Nation rides so the could easily sell a Mir Dragon that looks a little more Avatar style. could also have a mission where fight Firelord/Phoenix King Ozai only to find out he is the mini boss, Toph is the real final boss and would be twice as difficult. something like that would be cool and since it is old it might be easier to get permission to do a event like this.
    DraechadfsdflglglgAmaraz
  • DanievictriaDanievictria
    Mabinogi Rep: 3,695
    If we're going to go with old Anime, let's talk The Slayers. You know, an event where Lina and friends have followed some big bad to Erinn because he's trying to revive Shabranigdo (again) and a piece of the Dark Lord is somewhere in this world. And, if these funny clips don't convince you how fun an event with Lina and her crew would be, nothing will:
    Iyasenu
  • HelsaHelsa
    Mabinogi Rep: 23,380
    Greta wrote: »

Man, I am SOOOO out of the loop when it comes to anime; I've never even heard of those!
    xSho76
  • HarukariHarukari
    Mabinogi Rep: 8,470
    Draech wrote: »
    - RWBY

Yes. I agree.
  • KensamaofmariKensamaofmari
    Mabinogi Rep: 34,745
    Helsa wrote: »

Man, I am SOOOO out of the loop when it comes to anime; I've never even heard of those!

Well, at least you're not loopy.
  • HelsaHelsa
    Mabinogi Rep: 23,380

Oh, on occasion I get loopy. It's been legal to be loopy in Canada now for almost two years.
    Darkpixie99

Oh, on occasion I get loopy. It's been legal to be loopy in Canada now for almost two years.

I see.
    Darkpixie99
  • SherriSherri
    Mabinogi Rep: 18,615
    Konosuba!, AoT, maybe even Madoka Magica?

Also, the impossible; open Tory Ravine and give us a Made In Abyss collab.
  • FayeKaibaFayeKaiba
    Mabinogi Rep: 10,670
    If we're going to go with old Anime, let's talk The Slayers. You know, an event where Lina and friends have followed some big bad to Erinn because he's trying to revive Shabranigdo (again) and a piece of the Dark Lord is somewhere in this world. And, if these funny clips don't convince you how fun an event with Lina and her crew would be, nothing will:

All.My.Yes
    I love Slayers.
    Dr Stone
    All the NPCs get turned into stone and we must find the sci... alchemy to revive everyone and maybe Morrighan.
  • Darkpixie99Darkpixie99
    Mabinogi Rep: 8,660
    edited August 28, 2019
    Draech wrote: »
    - Arifureta: From Commonplace to World's Strongest (there's alchemy, revolvers, magic and traditional RPG classes)
    - Grimgar of Fantasy and Ash (this show needs a second season/more visibility)
    - RWBY

RWBY isn't an anime, it's an anime style show made by an American Animation company named Rooster Teeth. (Wikipedia Link)
    Nexon would have to go through boatloads of paperwork.

Negumiko wrote: »
    would love to see more anime events. what about a Avatar: The Last Airbender crossover?
    Last I checked, Nickelodeon owned the rights to the animation.
    If they allowed a Spongebob themed splatfest in Splatoon, then chances are no.
    Nothing of profit or likeness for Nexon, be it in an event or not.

Miliardo wrote: »
    Konosuba
    Overlord
    Tanya the Evil

Definitely not because of isekai quartet or the fact that we already got re:zero

Those I can see Japan wanting to milk out on.
    Sherri
  • Darkpixie99Darkpixie99
    edited September 4, 2019
    Sorry for double post, but recent changes to Funimation's press (the negative news) will have Toei Animation playing cleanup before Goku hits the 2020 Olympics as a Japan ambassador.
    Those thinking about asking for One Piece or Dragon Ball x Mabinogi collaborations may have to wait before keeping their fingers crossed for the next (presumed) two years of Nexon event development time.
    Our best bet for a more recent era collab would likely be to ask for Mabinogi to collaborate with something currently on or licensed in collaboration with Crunchyroll.
    Japan will sometimes promote and sell licensed anime products such as DVDs or figures alongside Mabinogi collaborations.
    (Such as the Re:Zero or Recovery of an MMO Junkie collabs)
    Seeing as how Crunchyroll has a web store, it might be easier for Nexon to promote the licensed Japanese products with the inclusion of limited edition Mabinogi item codes in the Crunchyroll store.
    (For those who are moving away from the loot box model, and would prefer to just buy more physical anime merch.)
    I'm drawing my conclusion from the marketability and profitability side.
    Not that it's the collaboration model Nexon NA prefers...
    So don't keep up your hopes of seeing more Nao cosplay figurines, or Crunchy Chan dressed as Nao.
  • IyasenuIyasenu
    Mabinogi Rep: 24,265
    Reminds me of the Crunchyroll revival balloon:
    https://wiki.mabi.world/view/Crunchyroll_Balloon

Not really a crossover event, in the sense that most people care about, but just a promotion... maybe?
    Was a prize you could redeem at the Bank NPCs with a code, which you received at the real-life event.
    Darkpixie99
  • Darkpixie99Darkpixie99
    Iyasenu wrote: »

Not really a crossover event, in the sense that most people care about, but just a promotion... maybe?
    Was a prize you could redeem at the Bank NPCs with a code, which you received at the real-life event.

Yeah, promos like that certainly seem easier to code than an entire gachapon focused SAO collab, complete with an event where you had to slay a dragon for reasons I completely missed.
  • IyasenuIyasenu
    Mabinogi Rep: 24,265
    edited September 5, 2019

Yeah, promos like that certainly seem easier to code than an entire gachapon focused SAO collab, complete with an event where you had to slay a dragon for reasons I completely missed.

I don't even remember slaying that dragon.
    I just remember running around picking up those special ores and fighting mobs while Kirito ran about in the background pecking at the dragon to keep its aggro.
    850970124c.png
    (Can see Kirito there in the background next to my character's foot.)
    Myyyy herooooo.
    Darkpixie99
  • Darkpixie99Darkpixie99
    I don't even remember slaying that dragon.
    I just remember running around picking up those special ores and fighting mobs while Kirito ran about in the background pecking at the dragon to keep its aggro.
    (Can see Kirito there in the background next to my character's foot.)
    Myyyy herooooo.

I honestly don't even remember what the point of fighting it was, or what the drops were.
    Probably explains why I never really bothered to participate in the first place.