Check out all of the details of this month's Patch Notes, featuring the 16th Anniversary and VIP Renewal Update! https://mabinogi.nexon.net/news/90098/16th-anniversary-and-vip-renewal-patch-notes-march-14th
[NEW MILLETIANS] Please note that all new forum users have to be approved before posting. This process can take up to 24 hours, and we appreciate your patience.
If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the Nexon Forums Code of Conduct. You have to register before you can post, so you can log in or create a forum name above to proceed. Thank you for your visit!

Mabinogi.... in an ANIME?!

GinjiroGinjiro
Mabinogi Rep: 200
edited August 28, 2019 in General Chat
So I was out watching an older anime called Recovery of an MMO Junkie. At first I thought it was interesting that they started off fighting with a stick, and I just had some vibes of Mabi... but low and behold in season 2 they flat out SHOW that they have Mabinogi up on a PC. What the flying geese gives!?

Comments

• IyasenuIyasenu
    Mabinogi Rep: 24,265
    edited August 28, 2019
    They had a crossover event with MMO Junkie a while back.

Was all the way back in Nov~Dec of 2017.

It was mostly a gachapon crossover, but there was a thing where you could run Alby on the various difficulties to get a Peas-in-a-Pod Gift Box that would give two Meet Cute Bracelets, one for you to wear and one for someone else to wear, that would give you and them a small buff while wearing them near each other.

Here's the announcements:
    Gacha: http://mabinogi.nexon.net/News/All/1/00J7Q
    Alby Dungeon Event: http://mabinogi.nexon.net/News/All/1/00J7Z/
    Sherripawcalypse
  • GretaGreta
    Mabinogi Rep: 51,805
    So it gonna have Season 2? Hm, i hope it will recover the anime because it was big MEH...
    KensamaofmariDarkpixie99pawcalypse
  • NegumikoNegumiko
    Mabinogi Rep: 9,765
    I enjoyed the anime and the event it had, a simple mmo anime about a player with some social issues and the weird lives of a few other players instead of it being about a mmo apocalypse. most of the event was gacha but some of the second titles were good and the Yggdrasil Staff Appearance Scroll makes a staff look amazingly beautiful. mabi needs all the advertising it can get so seeing more mabi advertising is enough reason to want a season 2.
  • GretaGreta
    Negumiko wrote: »
    I enjoyed the anime and the event it had, a simple mmo anime about a player with some social issues and the weird lives of a few other players instead of it being about a mmo apocalypse. most of the event was gacha but some of the second titles were good and the Yggdrasil Staff Appearance Scroll makes a staff look amazingly beautiful. mabi needs all the advertising it can get so seeing more mabi advertising is enough reason to want a season 2.

You probably didn't experience a good crossover if you think that MMO Junkie was a good one. All i have from that event is Meet-Cute bracelets because that was the only free event item and you had to grind old boring Alby for that. The outfits are basic and too similar what we already had as well...
  • KensamaofmariKensamaofmari
    Mabinogi Rep: 34,745
    If MMO Junkie is considered an older anime, then pre 21st century anime must be prehistoric.
    SherriRadiant Dawn
  • GretaGreta
    If MMO Junkie is considered an older anime, then pre 21st century anime must be prehistoric.

Ugh... No one said that....?
    Greta wrote: »

Said what?
  • GretaGreta

Said what?

MMO Junkie is not old.
  • SaiSai
    Mabinogi Rep: 8,785

OP did. "So I was out watching an older anime called Recovery of an MMO Junkie."
    KensamaofmariGretaSherriRadiant DawnEmilieBerrypawcalypse
  • GretaGreta
    edited August 28, 2019
    Sai wrote: »

OP did. "So I was out watching an older anime called Recovery of an MMO Junkie."

OH. Lol okay. Totally missed that. It's really not old rofl.

OH. Lol okay. Totally missed that. It's really not old rofl.

Ok, we good.
  • CeuiCeui
    Mabinogi Rep: 1,410
    I'm pretty sure Nexon is one of the sponsors of that series
    Also, MMO Junkie ended last year due to the author's poor health. It would be surprising to see a 2nd season in the anime.
  • CrimsọnCrimsọn
    Mabinogi Rep: 65,165
    I wish there was an anime about Mabinogi rather than about people playing Mabinogi. lol.

In the 11th episode of MMO Junkie Harumi is wearing a familiar number that looks like the samba festival outfit with the wings. XD
    Kensamaofmaripawcalypse
    Crims wrote: »
    I wish there was an anime about Mabinogi rather than about people playing Mabinogi. lol.

In the 11th episode of MMO Junkie Harumi is wearing a familiar number that looks like the samba festival outfit with the wings. XD

I feel like an animation about Mabinogi would feature Lorna, Pan, Ferghus, Caravan Joe and Nao as the main characters.
  • SaiSai
    Mabinogi Rep: 8,785

I feel like an animation about Mabinogi would feature Lorna, Pan, Ferghus, Caravan Joe and Nao as the main characters.

I'd totally want it to take place during G1 with Mari, Tarlach, and Ruairi. It could be an anime retelling of chapter 1.
    KensamaofmariSherriskpkionDraechpawcalypseDanievictria

I'd totally want it to take place during G1 with Mari, Tarlach, and Ruairi. It could be an anime retelling of chapter 1.

Will there be a Milletian?
  • SherriSherri
    Mabinogi Rep: 18,615

Probably your plain ol' male protagonist with invincible plot armor.
    That or they could use those 3 characters.. uh.. the blue? black? hair dude with glasses, the elf chick and the dude with a dragon helm thing? @.@
    Sherri wrote: »

That or they could use those 3 characters.. uh.. the blue? black? hair dude with glasses, the elf chick and the dude with a dragon helm thing? @.@

You've made it confusing for me, so let's use you as the protag.
  • noobodyzxznoobodyzxz
    Mabinogi Rep: 3,990
    edited August 29, 2019
    Sherri wrote: »

those characters are Vay, Tion and Reno. I've seen them as log-in screen background, hs figures and doll bags and if I remember correctly they also appeared during Lorraine's Nightmare event (but im not sure).
    Sherri