Check out all of the details of this month's Patch Notes, featuring the 16th Anniversary and VIP Renewal Update! https://mabinogi.nexon.net/news/90098/16th-anniversary-and-vip-renewal-patch-notes-march-14th
[NEW MILLETIANS] Please note that all new forum users have to be approved before posting. This process can take up to 24 hours, and we appreciate your patience.
If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the Nexon Forums Code of Conduct. You have to register before you can post, so you can log in or create a forum name above to proceed. Thank you for your visit!

[COMPLETED] Unscheduled Maintenance - August 27th

Comments

• KensamaofmariKensamaofmari
    Mabinogi Rep: 34,745
    Greta wrote: »
    Crims wrote: »
    Habimaru wrote: »
    I am sorry but this was an absolutely terrible time for me to face a sudden maintenance. D=

I was literally at the very LAST ROOM of the Alban Knights Training Grounds on the Fourth Floor on the HARD Difficulty... alone (because two party members had disappeared during the third floor and the last two gave up after finishing the first room of the fourth floor, and the last member was a dead-weight filler from the beginning). Yes, I literally cleared the following two rooms on my own, SOLO, and it took me HOURS to pull it off (partly because it got late, and I had to go to sleep in order to replenish my energy, then, resuming my progress in the morning, I managed to clear the following two rooms within the next few hours and I WAS on track to getting to the Boss-Floor by some time late this evening).

This is extremely frustrating to me. Not only did I spend a LOT of gold on Wand-Repairs, I also used up a bunch of stat-buffing consumables, and I was GETTING VERY CLOSE TO THE LAST FLOOR!!! All that work I put into progressing through the Alban-Knights Training Grounds, Meteor-Striking throughout the day since last night on a repeat-alarm-timer, and I do not even have the Time-Shift skill yet! I recorded the last few minutes of the character I was using fighting against the last four Heavy Gargoyles and a Silver Bone Archer as proof that I had been solo-ing and showing how insanely difficult they were to defeat (seriously, you'd have an easier time against a couple dozen simultaneous Fletas in the Martial Arts Tournament than trying to solo all four spawn-waves of any particular room on the fourth floor of the Alban Knights Training Grounds at Hard Difficult Level settings [probably]).

I don't know what happened to all of the other posts that used to exist that I made before, but the count and history currently seems to be non-existent (like some sort of Mandela-Effect ?), and I apologise ahead of time for this seemingly first post being something of a seeming complaint, but, I decided that, before trying to submit a ticket to request compensation for my efforts that ended up turning into «wasted time» due to the interruption of this unscheduled maintenance, I need to see if there are sufficient enough players on the Alexina-server with enough capability who are willing to run Alban Knights Training Missions on the HARD difficulty with me (ALL the way to the END by the way and even finishing off the bosses) in order to try and help me compensate and recover for what is now currently wasted time and efforts ?

Can you imagine how I must be feeling about this... I mean, getting through to where I did, took probably over 300 casts of Meteor-Strike, definitely more than a few thousand casts of Fusion-Bolt (amongst hundreds of arrows and alch-crystals for other skill-sets), and I had been working on getting through to the end since last night, for hours and hours in a row (more than half an entire day!). Only to have my efforts at trying to clear the last room be wasted by the sudden interruption (what in the past might be referred to as being Nexowned). Now I don't even get a journal entry for all of that time and energy that I had HEAVILY INVESTED into NOT letting the Rune-Stones go to waste for that mission. I cannot possibly remain calm and «quiet» about this matter which is why I am posting here (something I would otherwise have normally not bothered with since I no longer spend time on any forms due to numerous other time-consuming errands in life that I must tend to now).

Anyway, I switched main character this time, and would appreciate any dedicated assistance in helping me to recover in my efforts to try and compensate for all of that lost time and energy that ended up being what feels like «deleted» progress due to the «surprise» maintenance. If for some reason this post is either not approved or I do not see it or the game/server has become too much of a «ghost-town» or something equivalent then I will of course have to proceed with submitting a Support-Ticket for compensation for interrupting my progress through the Alban Knights Training Grounds on the hardest difficulty level possible. Anybody who is willing to assist me can add and/or note my elf-character on the Alexina-Server : Aeius

Please do keep in mind that you will probably want to be strong enough to be able to solo Fleta in the Martial Arts Tournament before trying to take on the Alban Knights Training Grounds on the HARD-Difficulty levels. Thanks in advance for supporting my efforts in trying to recover from this «loss» inflicted upon me against my will (this was a HUGE and HEAVY BLOW to me after all). Rather «traumatizing» really... (I was somehow reminded of the Pandemonium incident from another game that made the news around a decade ago whilst running this training mission...).

kJoh0Qh.png

Yup. The dude clearly is too weak to run Hard mode if he did 300 Meteor Strikes and also had to take a long break to continue it. So much salt lol. Just be glad to have a chance getting another Hard Mode Stone from Support and do it right with good people.

Whatever happened to running dungeons with parties?
  • TwistedxFateTwistedxFate
    Mabinogi Rep: 1,690
    Got two additional login.. stamps(?) and didn't get the 30 day style tab key, so I'm looking forward to the September maint. stuff lol
    I am sorry but this was an absolutely terrible time for me to face a sudden maintenance. D=

I was literally at the very LAST ROOM of the Alban Knights Training Grounds on the Fourth Floor on the HARD Difficulty... alone (because two party members had disappeared during the third floor and the last two gave up after finishing the first room of the fourth floor, and the last member was a dead-weight filler from the beginning). Yes, I literally cleared the following two rooms on my own, SOLO, and it took me HOURS to pull it off (partly because it got late, and I had to go to sleep in order to replenish my energy, then, resuming my progress in the morning, I managed to clear the following two rooms within the next few hours and I WAS on track to getting to the Boss-Floor by some time late this evening).

This is extremely frustrating to me. Not only did I spend a LOT of gold on Wand-Repairs, I also used up a bunch of stat-buffing consumables, and I was GETTING VERY CLOSE TO THE LAST FLOOR!!! All that work I put into progressing through the Alban-Knights Training Grounds, Meteor-Striking throughout the day since last night on a repeat-alarm-timer, and I do not even have the Time-Shift skill yet! I recorded the last few minutes of the character I was using fighting against the last four Heavy Gargoyles and a Silver Bone Archer as proof that I had been solo-ing and showing how insanely difficult they were to defeat (seriously, you'd have an easier time against a couple dozen simultaneous Fletas in the Martial Arts Tournament than trying to solo all four spawn-waves of any particular room on the fourth floor of the Alban Knights Training Grounds at Hard Difficult Level settings [probably]).

I don't know what happened to all of the other posts that used to exist that I made before, but the count and history currently seems to be non-existent (like some sort of Mandela-Effect ?), and I apologise ahead of time for this seemingly first post being something of a seeming complaint, but, I decided that, before trying to submit a ticket to request compensation for my efforts that ended up turning into «wasted time» due to the interruption of this unscheduled maintenance, I need to see if there are sufficient enough players on the Alexina-server with enough capability who are willing to run Alban Knights Training Missions on the HARD difficulty with me (ALL the way to the END by the way and even finishing off the bosses) in order to try and help me compensate and recover for what is now currently wasted time and efforts ?

Can you imagine how I must be feeling about this... I mean, getting through to where I did, took probably over 300 casts of Meteor-Strike, definitely more than a few thousand casts of Fusion-Bolt (amongst hundreds of arrows and alch-crystals for other skill-sets), and I had been working on getting through to the end since last night, for hours and hours in a row (more than half an entire day!). Only to have my efforts at trying to clear the last room be wasted by the sudden interruption (what in the past might be referred to as being Nexowned). Now I don't even get a journal entry for all of that time and energy that I had HEAVILY INVESTED into NOT letting the Rune-Stones go to waste for that mission. I cannot possibly remain calm and «quiet» about this matter which is why I am posting here (something I would otherwise have normally not bothered with since I no longer spend time on any forms due to numerous other time-consuming errands in life that I must tend to now).

Anyway, I switched main character this time, and would appreciate any dedicated assistance in helping me to recover in my efforts to try and compensate for all of that lost time and energy that ended up being what feels like «deleted» progress due to the «surprise» maintenance. If for some reason this post is either not approved or I do not see it or the game/server has become too much of a «ghost-town» or something equivalent then I will of course have to proceed with submitting a Support-Ticket for compensation for interrupting my progress through the Alban Knights Training Grounds on the hardest difficulty level possible. Anybody who is willing to assist me can add and/or note my elf-character on the Alexina-Server : Aeius

Please do keep in mind that you will probably want to be strong enough to be able to solo Fleta in the Martial Arts Tournament before trying to take on the Alban Knights Training Grounds on the HARD-Difficulty levels. Thanks in advance for supporting my efforts in trying to recover from this «loss» inflicted upon me against my will (this was a HUGE and HEAVY BLOW to me after all). Rather «traumatizing» really... (I was somehow reminded of the Pandemonium incident from another game that made the news around a decade ago whilst running this training mission...).

kJoh0Qh.png

Yup. The dude clearly is too weak to run Hard mode if he did 300 Meteor Strikes and also had to take a long break to continue it. So much salt lol. Just be glad to have a chance getting another Hard Mode Stone from Support and do it right with good people.

Seriously, dude must've been in there for a whole day doing THREE HUNDRED METEOR STRIKES. Dude, that's not efficient at all. You need to utilize other skills and get good armor and defense up and get your pansy ass into the actual battle. You have no one to blame but yourself for staying in there THAT FREAKING LONG. Holy bleep smhlol.

Or find other people to help you run.
  • CrimsọnCrimsọn
    Mabinogi Rep: 65,165
    edited August 28, 2019

kJoh0Qh.png

Seriously, dude must've been in there for a whole day doing THREE HUNDRED METEOR STRIKES. Dude, that's not efficient at all. You need to utilize other skills and get good armor and defense up and get your pansy ass into the actual battle. You have no one to blame but yourself for staying in there THAT FREAKING LONG. Holy bleep smhlol.
  • HabimaruHabimaru
    Mabinogi Rep: 3,630
    People were with me but, unfortunately, they gave up after the 3rd and 4th floors as I mentioned in the original response.
  • PlatinaKokiPlatinaKoki
    Mabinogi Rep: 7,760
    edited August 28, 2019
    People were with me but, unfortunately, they gave up after the 3rd and 4th floors as I mentioned in the original response.

Heroic would wreck you.
  • HabimaruHabimaru
    If you believe you can do better, considering that my Meteor is Rank 1, and nearly all of my magic-tab is Rank 1, then please feel free to try running Alban-Knights Training Mission on the Hard difficulty level, and record a video of your successful run all the way to the boss, and actually beating him, assuming you can even get there before the rest of your party has to quit for reasons like school in 7 hours, work in the morning, etc., etc. Even doing the Baltane Missions from Shuan in Avalon on Elite-Difficulty is child's play compared to Alban Knights Hard-Level Difficulty.
  • PlatinaKokiPlatinaKoki
    If you believe you can do better, considering that my Meteor is Rank 1, and nearly all of my magic-tab is Rank 1, then please feel free to try running Alban-Knights Training Mission on the Hard difficulty level, and record a video of your successful run all the way to the boss, and actually beating him, assuming you can even get there before the rest of your party has to quit for reasons like school in 7 hours, work in the morning, etc., etc. Even doing the Baltane Missions from Shuan in Avalon on Elite-Difficulty is child's play compared to Alban Knights Hard-Level Difficulty.

I, along with many others, have soloed Heroic.

Difficulty tier goes Basic > Intermediate > Advanced > Hard > Heroic.
  • HabimaruHabimaru
    Everything wrecks me anyway for being an elf. I should also mention that I had other RuneStones put into the slots that increased the difficulty as I recall, such as 500% Monster HP, etc. And I'm not going to spend thousands of $$$ just to go P2W.

• PlatinaKokiPlatinaKoki
    Everything wrecks me anyway for being an elf. I should also mention that I had other RuneStones put into the slots that increased the difficulty as I recall, such as 500% Monster HP, etc. And I'm not going to spend thousands of $$$ just to go P2W.

lol, I'm not "P2W", either. I had no decent enchants, and even went in with broken gear.

Still managed.
  • HabimaruHabimaru
    I'm sure i could have managed... provided that my progress was not INTERRUPTED by this Unscheduled Maintenance. I have often historically taken on challenges that were meant for far higher levels than my own. Anyway, I uploaded a video of the final moments, and, yes, I realise that I probably could have done it more efficiently, and could probably have at least taken down at least one of the Heavy Gargoyles before the Unscheduled Maintenance forced the log-off if I had bothered to spam my usual Full-Charge Fire-Ice Fusion-Bolt method.

This was also one of the worst rooms for me to be forced to try and solo as an elf, though, considered how cramped it was, leaving me with less «running around» options. Perhaps if I had not ben absent from Mabinogi for so long, due to forced life-interference from corrupt government into my real-world life, then maybe I could have been strong enough to pull it all off before that «surprise [self-censored word due to probably being inappropriate to quote here]» of unscheduled maintenance. And this wasn't always my main character so I am still doing «catch-up» with trying to get to where everyone else is (currently going through G23).

Either way, I have every reason not to be happy with this, for I know I would have at least reached the Boss if not for the unscheduled maintenance (and this is in spite of the «handicaps» that I was dealing with given my inexperience with these Training Grounds). I do have a video (not yet uploaded) of running the Baltane Mission known as Siege Weapon on Elite so it's not like I am any longer some sort of newbie or beginner to figuring out a winning strategy even when I cannot yet one-shot whole entire floors in less than a second.
    Still managed.
  • GretaGreta
    Mabinogi Rep: 51,805
    I don't even understand what i'm reading thanks to messed up quotes.
  • PlatinaKokiPlatinaKoki
    I'm sure i could have managed... provided that my progress was not INTERRUPTED by this Unscheduled Maintenance. I have often historically taken on challenges that were meant for far higher levels than my own. Anyway, I uploaded a video of the final moments, and, yes, I realise that I probably could have done it more efficiently, and could probably have at least taken down at least one of the Heavy Gargoyles before the Unscheduled Maintenance forced the log-off if I had bothered to spam my usual Full-Charge Fire-Ice Fusion-Bolt method.

This was also one of the worst rooms for me to be forced to try and solo as an elf, though, considered how cramped it was, leaving me with less «running around» options. Perhaps if I had not ben absent from Mabinogi for so long, due to forced life-interference from corrupt government into my real-world life, then maybe I could have been strong enough to pull it all off before that «surprise [self-censored word due to probably being inappropriate to quote here]» of unscheduled maintenance. And this wasn't always my main character so I am still doing «catch-up» with trying to get to where everyone else is (currently going through G23).

Either way, I have every reason not to be happy with this, for I know I would have at least reached the Boss if not for the unscheduled maintenance (and this is in spite of the «handicaps» that I was dealing with given my inexperience with these Training Grounds). I do have a video (not yet uploaded) of running the Baltane Mission known as Siege Weapon on Elite so it's not like I am any longer some sort of newbie or beginner to figuring out a winning strategy even when I cannot yet one-shot whole entire floors in less than a second.
    Still managed.

Play Dead works as long as you have some pets that can do AOE on summon attacks (there have been enough free aoe skill pets for this to work for everyone). Also, why didn't you use the Elves' most dastardly combo, elf hide + hydra?
    Well the announcement came out about an hour before maint
  • PlatinaKokiPlatinaKoki

Not to mention that annoying banner thing.
  • HabimaruHabimaru
    Relying on AoE-Pets would have taken FOR-EVER. Also, they agro FAR TOO QUICKLY to be able to Hydra, but it is something that I DID use in the other rooms against those Undead critters that don't ATTACK ME IMMEDIATELY upon coming out of hide-skill. Seriously, did you watch the video that I uploaded, and did you see their ridiculous agro-range and speed ? (For the Heavy Gargoyles)
    Play Dead works as long as you have some pets that can do AOE on summon attacks (there have been enough free aoe skill pets for this to work for everyone). Also, why didn't you use the Elves' most dastardly combo, elf hide + hydra?

• HabimaruHabimaru
    There is absolute NO WAY that I'm going to be able to clear FOUR waves of spawns of a couple dozen monsters that EACH have like 500K HP and still have time to be able to finish off the boss on the top floor in less than an hour... perhaps I should link that video again in case you did not see the ridiculous amount of HP that I had to blast through just to put a mere small DENT into their health-bars...
    There is absolute NO WAY that I'm going to be able to clear FOUR waves of spawns of a couple dozen monsters that EACH have like 500K HP and still have time to be able to finish off the boss on the top floor in less than an hour... perhaps I should link that video again in case you did not see the ridiculous amount of HP that I had to blast through just to put a mere small DENT into their health-bars...

When did you start running it?
    Also, elf character may have made it tougher for ya.
  • HabimaruHabimaru
    All of the details of when it started was already mentioned in the first post I made, and if I was not specific enough, then I believe it started out with six people yesterday evening (one of whom was a dead-weight filler since it was not possible to enter without a six-people PT due to the six-people RuneStone/GemStone, without which would have limited the party members to three people, but we already had four people prepared to run the mission). Probably around 8pm Pacific ? The first floor wasn't so bad, the second floor took a bit more grinding, the third floor probably took the group of the five of us who were active an entire hour and a half to complete if I remember correctly, then on the fourth floor... I only had two people left with me and, the first of the four rooms must have taken us a couple of hours to finish, then they had to go after that (school and sleep and all).

I then cleared the following two rooms on the fourth floor on my own. One of the rooms was in the pseudo-Falias location, thus making it much easier for me to clear in good time, needing less than a couple of hours as I recall, because they were all already bunched up for multiple fire-balls and meteor-strikes, and any stragglers I would just finish off with Full-Charges Chain-Cast Fusion-Bolts of Fire-Ice Single-Target spam and/or with high-powered Alchemy Attacks (the «Moist» Enchant on my Guard-Cylinder just about made me fall out of my chair when I realised how expensive it became to repair after the durability went down to 0). 300 Meteor-Strikes may have been over-estimating the real number of casts that I actually used, but as for Fire-Ball, I most-certainly cast that spell dozens of times with probably close to a 50% critical-hit-rate. Keep in mind that EACH and EVERY single one of the monsters I had to fight on the fourth floor had literally HUNDREDS OF THOUSANDS of HP in their health-bars. And that Balrog... good gods... that Balrog (and he spawned in three different rooms by the way). Was a damn good thing it could be knocked back, but I still had to repair my Phoenix Fire-Wand through this run, THREE TIMES, and my first cast of Full-Charged Fire-Ice Fusion-Bolt does 4.5K damage without the critical-hit.

If I'd have known this was going to happen, I most-certainly would have thought about video-recording it from the beginning, but that probably would have ended up with a 104TB video-file, and my biggest external hard-drive only has a 10TB capacity. And yes, the elf-race certainly has its disadvantages, otherwise I would probably have just spammed Final-Hit (and sometimes Meteor-Strike) from the time that I was left to solo the rest of the mission. I even ended up going through over 800 arrows... amongst all of the other things I threw at the monsters.
    When did you start running it?
    Also, elf character may have made it tougher for ya.
  • MegasoulMegasoul
    Mabinogi Rep: 1,735
    Got two additional login.. stamps(?) and didn't get the 30 day style tab key, so I'm looking forward to the September maint. stuff lol

If you're suggesting that you didn't get the 14-day completion box with the style tab key, rebirth potion, and Credne's tool you'll have to contact support. They'll be able to hopefully check your inventory like they did mine and reward you those items through the mail.

The support website can be found on the main website, or here's a link if you want it faster: https://support-mabinogi.nexon.net/hc/en-us

As for Habimaru, I'm sorry that you lost your progress in Alban Training. I'm well aware of attempting Alban Training unprepared, having done so once in a party of three very early level and needing to rely on our elf party member's hide and pet summon damage to beat the boss over the course of about 1-2 hours.

The good news is that eventually that will be a thing of the past for you, and even Heroic will be doable solo with no challenge. I'm not aware of all of your particulars, but I can see that you did 3000 + 9000(crit) damage with two charged rank 1 Fireballs. For comparison, my total level is 12550 with 273 Magic Attack at current level 159 (lance talent) and a rank B Fireball. I went to go test my damage against the mobs in Baltane's Gatekeeper mission and I was able to do ~12000 with a single critical Fireball. The only rank 1+ magic skills I have are the healing spells and the bolt spells.

I can't easily compare the protection/defense values between the two, but I can at least say that you'll eventually hit a lot harder.