Check out all of the details of this month's Patch Notes, featuring the 16th Anniversary and VIP Renewal Update! https://mabinogi.nexon.net/news/90098/16th-anniversary-and-vip-renewal-patch-notes-march-14th
[NEW MILLETIANS] Please note that all new forum users have to be approved before posting. This process can take up to 24 hours, and we appreciate your patience.
If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the Nexon Forums Code of Conduct. You have to register before you can post, so you can log in or create a forum name above to proceed. Thank you for your visit!

Mabinogi.... in an ANIME?!

Comments

• LeineiLeinei
    Mabinogi Rep: 16,440
    Kind of curious. Would the Milletians constantly be in Erinn or would they actually leave it like we log out?
    Kensamaofmari
  • IyasenuIyasenu
    Mabinogi Rep: 24,265
    Leinei wrote: »
    Kind of curious. Would the Milletians constantly be in Erinn or would they actually leave it like we log out?

I think they'd leave.
    Maybe go back to the Soul Stream in the meantime.

Like, every time you log in, your characters are there in the Soul Stream standing in a circle, right?

And Tani during G23 wasn't in Erinn for a long while, since apparently she hadn't played since before even Tara was a thing.
    So since she wasn't playing, she wasn't in Erinn.

On the other hand if we just "AFK" then apparently Milletians just don't respond to anything.
    9d8ef48ef8.png
    84d3ee1ca1.png
    Radiant DawnKensamaofmariSherriWolfsingerpawcalypse
  • LeineiLeinei
    edited August 29, 2019
    Iyasenu wrote: »

I think they'd leave.
    Maybe go back to the Soul Stream in the meantime.

Like, every time you log in, your characters are there in the Soul Stream standing in a circle, right?

And Tani during G23 wasn't in Erinn for a long while, since apparently she hadn't played since before even Tara was a thing.
    So since she wasn't playing, she wasn't in Erinn.

On the other hand if we just "AFK" then apparently Milletians just don't respond to anything.
    9d8ef48ef8.png
    84d3ee1ca1.png

Ok, but if we're speaking from the standpoint of the circle of characters, essentially, what we're doing is transferring our soul into a particular form. We just get to choose which form we take at that point, but all of them are still we, the player.
  • UItimaUItima
    Mabinogi Rep: 685
    We had a cross over with Sword Art Online which reminded me *heavily* of Mabinogi.
  • LeineiLeinei
    UItima wrote: »
    We had a cross over with Sword Art Online which reminded me *heavily* of Mabinogi.

Mabinogi has better writing.
    Radiant DawnSherriWolfsingerpawcalypse
  • GretaGreta
    Mabinogi Rep: 51,805

Oof.
    Radiant Dawnpawcalypse
  • KensamaofmariKensamaofmari
    Mabinogi Rep: 34,745

I think it will be different depending on whether it will be like a game or an isekai where Milletian gets summoned to the world of Erinn.
    There are different ways a story can be built.
  • LeineiLeinei
    edited August 29, 2019

I think it will be different depending on whether it will be like a game or an isekai where Milletian gets summoned to the world of Erinn.

The only people that would really be able to summon us would have to be attributed to the Soul Stream like Nao, Morrighan (who was sealed, so she couldn't) or anyone else, so it would kind of have to be an outside discovery, I think. Anyone remember how Shakespeare got to Erinn?

The only people that would really be able to summon us would have to be attributed to the Soul Stream like Nao, Morrighan (who was sealed, so she couldn't) or anyone else, so it would kind of have to be an outside discovery, I think. Anyone remember how Shakespeare got to Erinn?

From Wiki
    "As revealed in Generation 15, through Shakespeare's Journal, Shakespeare was on a voyage to the unknown during the year 1585 where his ship was under siege by rough weather, and was then mysteriously transported to Erinn's Soul Stream, starting his "lost years". After Shakespeare fights off several spiritual creatures and faints from exhaustion, Morrighan's voice called Shakespeare's race Milletian before he finds himself tended to a woman named Bella."
  • LeineiLeinei

From Wiki
    "As revealed in Generation 15, through Shakespeare's Journal, Shakespeare was on a voyage to the unknown during the year 1585 where his ship was under siege by rough weather, and was then mysteriously transported to Erinn's Soul Stream, starting his "lost years". After Shakespeare fights off several spiritual creatures and faints from exhaustion, Morrighan's voice called Shakespeare's race Milletian before he finds himself tended to a woman named Bella."

Ok, so it's more like we happen upon a portal or something as Morrighan couldn't have summoned this generation of Milletian.
  • kairisoadorikairisoadori
    Mabinogi Rep: 1,725
    Mabinogi Korean Anime is Japanese by definition nope

From Wiki

Ok, so it's more like we happen upon a portal or something as Morrighan couldn't have summoned this generation of Milletian.

But I think it's Nao that summons the player no?
  • LeineiLeinei

From Wiki

I don't think she has that level of agency though? Remember that she's not allowed to interfere in the happenings of Erinn. Summoning people from a random world would probably fit that description. In addition to that, if it were because Morrighan was in danger, we should know that right off the bat from Nao telling us rather than Morrighan calling us by long distance dream.

From Wiki

I don't think she has that level of agency though? Remember that she's not allowed to interfere in the happenings of Erinn. Summoning people from a random world would probably fit that description. In addition to that, if it were because Morrighan was in danger, we should know that right off the bat from Nao telling us rather than Morrighan calling us by long distance dream.

True.
  • noobodyzxznoobodyzxz
    Mabinogi Rep: 3,990
    edited August 29, 2019

but iif there was an anime that greatly resembles Mabinogi it would be "Konosuba/Kono Subarashii Sekai ni Shukufuku wo!"

first upon entering the world u met with a goddess.
    - except for being offered to take a special thing,skill,etc. to help with ur adventure in the anime
    second skills not being completely bound or limited to a certain "character class/occupation/talent".
    - in konosuba characters start by choosing either adventurer class or one from the advanced class (arch priest, arch wizard, crusader, etc.)
    - adventurer class is capable of learning every skill possible but leveling skills from advanced class cost more skill points(ability points)
    third characters can do part time jobs and can even become a merchant.
    - when they started all they did was mostly part-time jobs on construction
    - when kazuma had his stats checked he was offered the occupation of merchant
    - but then as "kazuma" mentioned in the anime "Now that I think about it, adventurers are basically insignificant job hopping part-timers"
    fourth some monsters in mabi also exist in konosuba
    - Cabbages, Dullahan, Zombies, Skeletons, Succubus, Lich, Snow sprites, etc.
    fifth the skill "meteor strike" from mabinogi and "explosion" from konosuba

but then again

honorable mention "Nao physics"
    ifuknowwhatimean.jpg
    Sherripawcalypse
  • ChibiRaraChibiRara
    Mabinogi Rep: 505
    edited August 29, 2019
    Wait wait wait!! OP, you just now noticed that? The shop in the anime in season 1 had a promo for Mabi right in it. The opening of the anime references the character creation's age meter! Mabi references are definitely in Recovery of an MMO Junkie, and they're blatantly obvious. o_____o
    Sherri
    noobodyzxz wrote: »

but iif there was an anime that greatly resembles Mabinogi it would be "Konosuba/Kono Subarashii Sekai ni Shukufuku wo!"

- except for being offered to take a special thing,skill,etc. to help with ur adventure in the anime
    second skills not being completely bound or limited to a certain "character class/occupation/talent".
    - in konosuba characters start by choosing either adventurer class or one from the advanced class (arch priest, arch wizard, crusader, etc.)
    - adventurer class is capable of learning every skill possible but leveling skills from advanced class cost more skill points(ability points)
    - but then as "kazuma" mentioned in the anime "Now that I think about it, adventurers are basically insignificant job hopping part-timers"

but then again

ifuknowwhatimean.jpg

Mabi doesn't have the Destroyer yet though.
  • noobodyzxznoobodyzxz
    Mabinogi Rep: 3,990
    noobodyzxz wrote: »

but then again

ifuknowwhatimean.jpg

Mabi doesn't have the Destroyer yet though.

yes we dont have the destroyer yet but the destroyer is basically a moving fortress that looks like a spider made out of metal
    and we have "Giant Sulfur Spider" and most of its body is made out of metal
    a little bit close but not much

but if a cross over would be done with konosuba it would be cool if it becomes like the Re:zero crossover

first week would be a modified kitchen dungeon but instead of the being inside of the pot the rp mission would take place outside of dunbarton and all of the enemies would be cabbages and lettuces killing as much as possible within a circle.

second week would be against some zombies and Dullahan where it would be like "no where to run" and the goal is to survive and kill as much zombies and after some time Dullahan appears as boss and must be defeated.

third week would be a destroyer raid outside of dunbarton

fourth week would be to redo the missions from the first 3 weeks
    SherriKensamaofmari
  • pawcalypsepawcalypse
    Mabinogi Rep: 4,705
    edited September 3, 2019
    If you were to put Mabinogi as an anime, it would be an isekai and fantasy but what other genre will it be also? Does it have a slice-of-life aspect? Is it a shounen with lots of fights and action? Is it a shoujo with enough romance and teen drama? Or is it mature enough to be seinen and josei?
    I wish this game had more horror elements to be honest. I always wish the dungeons had an element of surprise where a mini-boss appears after a certain time, chasing the players after every room. It would hunt down the player like the ghosts in Pac-Man or the Tyrant from Resident Evil, or even a Creeper that randomly appears. The players have to sneak by to not get noticed, especially if they die and respawn at the beginning of the map. Since the doors are already open, the mini-boss can just waltz right in and do some damage. It would fun if it randomly teleports.
    pawcalypse wrote: »
    If you were to put Mabinogi as an anime, it would be an isekai and fantasy but what other genre will it be also? Does it have a slice-of-life aspect? Is it a shounen with lots of fights and action? Is it a shoujo with enough romance and teen drama? Or is it mature enough to be seinen and josei?
    I wish this game had more horror elements to be honest. I always wish the dungeons had an element of surprise where a mini-boss appears after a certain time, chasing the players after every room. It would hunt down the player like the ghosts in Pac-Man or the Tyrant from Resident Evil, or even a Creeper that randomly appears. The players have to sneak by to not get noticed, especially if they die and respawn at the beginning of the map. Since the doors are already open, the mini-boss can just waltz right in and do some damage. It would fun if it randomly teleports.

It will depend on how the story is built.
    pawcalypse