Check out all of the details of this month's Patch Notes, featuring the Mini-games + Quality of Life Update! https://mabinogi.nexon.net/news/91106/mini-games-quality-of-life-update-patch-notes-april-11th
[NEW MILLETIANS] Please note that all new forum users have to be approved before posting. This process can take up to 24 hours, and we appreciate your patience.
If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the Nexon Forums Code of Conduct. You have to register before you can post, so you can log in or create a forum name above to proceed. Thank you for your visit!

Fantastic Memory Event Issue

Comments

• IyasenuIyasenu
    Mabinogi Rep: 24,265
    Hold wrote: »
    Any tips for the nightmare shadow mission? I can barely make it past the 2nd wave and you only get 1 chance a day to try out something. I tried the melee route and I think I did ok, made it to a boss on the 3rd wave but didn't have enough time to kill the side monsters. Today I tried it with magic and it was just too slow added to the fact that you get no MP potions, so you're screwed pretty much if you run out of mana.

You aren't running it alone are you?
    Always try to go in a party of 6.

Also you can spend gold on MP Potions.

Scroll down Joe's list of options when you talk to him and there's an option to purchase Supplies.
    Thunder is a good choice of magic to rank.
    It gets a lot less slow at high ranks.

But the best tip is to just not solo it unless you only want to finish the daily quest asap and move on.
  • KensamaofmariKensamaofmari
    Mabinogi Rep: 34,745
    I soloed it and completed it with 1 HP and did not buy supplies. Must be a fluke.
    Wolfsinger
  • GretaGreta
    Mabinogi Rep: 51,805
    Any tips for the nightmare shadow mission? I can barely make it past the 2nd wave and you only get 1 chance a day to try out something. I tried the melee route and I think I did ok, made it to a boss on the 3rd wave but didn't have enough time to kill the side monsters. Today I tried it with magic and it was just too slow added to the fact that you get no MP potions, so you're screwed pretty much if you run out of mana.

Play with others god dammit.
    Iyasenu
  • KensamaofmariKensamaofmari
    Mabinogi Rep: 34,745
    edited August 30, 2019
    What I did solo was use close combat, reset skill hot keys to reference (I only did that after struggling through 2 waves, should do from beginning).

Set up ice mines.

Smash, normal attack, windmill the heck out of everything. Try not to get too far from the road.
    If you can, get stam pots during breaks because you'll need it vs Trickster
  • HoldHold
    Mabinogi Rep: 1,480
    edited August 30, 2019
    Iyasenu wrote: »

You aren't running it alone are you?
    Always try to go in a party of 6.

Also you can spend gold on MP Potions.

Scroll down Joe's list of options when you talk to him and there's an option to purchase Supplies.
    Thunder is a good choice of magic to rank.
    It gets a lot less slow at high ranks.

But the best tip is to just not solo it unless you only want to finish the daily quest asap and move on.

Greta wrote: »

Play with others god dammit.

Welp, I feel dumb. I didn't even know you could go in with others. Also didn't see the supplies option, by the time I rekeyed all the skills I wanted the mission already started.
  • ZanathKariashiZanathKariashi
    Mabinogi Rep: 660
    edited August 31, 2019
    Bring a full party. It's not meant to do solo if you want to clear the whole thing, though you only need to clear wave 1 10 times to finish the event, which is easy enough to solo. Clearing the whole thing just lets you finish it sooner (you get ~60 Memories instead of 30, so you'd finish in 5 days vs 10).

Yeah, for the consumables you need to scroll down.

I usually rush +MP until capped, and then max ice spear, then buy about 40 MP potions (that can usually last you till the last wave or two), then just spend everything else on Int till you're one-shotting stuff with Ice-spear. The first couple waves IS isn't too great since it's still low level but it can wipe out most of the enemies waves once you've got it R1 and enough Int to one-shot most enemies with a 1 charge and your explosion radius big enough to catch most of the enemies as they're spawning.

And when you get to the witch, remind one of your melee guys to Somersault Kick her so she'll stop spamming adv magics. Makes her A LOT easier.
  • Dra6o0nDra6o0n
    Mabinogi Rep: 715
    edited August 31, 2019
    What I did solo was use close combat, reset skill hot keys to reference (I only did that after struggling through 2 waves, should do from beginning).

Set up ice mines.

Smash, normal attack, windmill the heck out of everything. Try not to get too far from the road.
    If you can, get stam pots during breaks because you'll need it vs Trickster

I did this except just flat out tanked the game... Until the witch came and thundered me to death.

Pro-tip, if time isn't a issue you can get a trickster to be stuck in the terrain away from the objective they try to go to, like say lure them to the back of the castle then run to the other side to get them to get stuck on it. Then run to the center of the map and wait and kill the giant slime for bonus stuff like money (it's completely random) and HP gain on your progress.

I had like 950 str, but it doesn't defeat the cookie witch easily in 1 hit since there's advanced heavy stander and apparently 70% protection on the monster (I have base damage of like 350~400+ damage).

Alchemist might be the best bet, or Ranger, due to the increased range and quick ability to aim and shoot after each shot. Crank up your HP (for flame burst) or Dex (for ranged) to the max and snipe everything in one hit (Alchemist can basically barrage a wall of them, like how I used to do it for Lorraine's nightmare in the past).

8% HP = +8 DMG every 100 HP. It costs 200G to add +50HP, so basically +4DMG to flameburst.
    Shock gets 35% of MP as damage so it might be interesting to do certain builds with it, though it can only be used once in a while due to cooldowns.
    Bring a full party. It's not meant to do solo if you want to clear the whole thing, though you only need to clear wave 1 10 times to finish the event, which is easy enough to solo. Clearing the whole thing just lets you finish it sooner (you get ~60 Memories instead of 30, so you'd finish in 5 days vs 10).

Yeah, for the consumables you need to scroll down.

I usually rush +MP until capped, and then max ice spear, then buy about 40 MP potions (that can usually last you till the last wave or two), then just spend everything else on Int till you're one-shotting stuff with Ice-spear. The first couple waves IS isn't too great since it's still low level but it can wipe out most of the enemies waves once you've got it R1 and enough Int to one-shot most enemies with a 1 charge and your explosion radius big enough to catch most of the enemies as they're spawning.

And when you get to the witch, remind one of your melee guys to Somersault Kick her so she'll stop spamming adv magics. Makes her A LOT easier.

I would suggest using the 'AI wall collision trick' to farm gold from blue slimes to last the early games a bit, you can randomly get Life increase and Gold increase from them (if you don't pay attention they might spawn with Life Loss though).

I went from the usual 30 fragments, to like 39... In about 20-30 minutes of play... Solo... Would work much faster in a party though due to more collaboration and gold farming.
    Kensamaofmari