Check out all of the details of this month's Patch Notes, featuring the Reflections: Reforged update!
https://mabinogi.nexon.net/news/69963/reflections-reforged-patch-notes-november-4th-2021
[NEW MILLETIANS] Please note that all new forum users have to be approved before posting. This process can take up to 24 hours, and we appreciate your patience.
If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the Nexon Forums Code of Conduct. You have to register before you can post, so you can log in or create a forum name above to proceed. Thank you for your visit!

Older players are being unappreciated

Comments

  • BlissfulkillBlissfulkill
    Mabinogi Rep: 24,120
    Posts: 2,781
    Member
    Man, aren't you an entitled, petulant manchild. :/
  • KensamaofmariKensamaofmari
    Mabinogi Rep: 34,545
    Posts: 7,894
    Member
    Life back in 2010 was hard but everyone works together. Most of us never had pets but those who had will give others a ride to save them the long walk from town to town. I still love the old days and still see old friends still playing.

    Back when moongates went to a specific town each night. You basically had to prepare and pack your things and take an adventure to get to places.
    EbrithiltheAlphaMelon
  • SpringvioletSpringviolet
    Mabinogi Rep: 1,565
    Posts: 102
    Member
    Back when the moongates closed at 6:00 PM and you get stuck in a town until 6:00 AM when it re-opened. Now we have so many moongates no one travels the old routes or builds the bridge to cross anymore. We are now living in modern times enjoying the game as it develops new ideas.
    KensamaofmaritheAlphaMelon
  • SpringvioletSpringviolet
    Mabinogi Rep: 1,565
    Posts: 102
    Member
    Remember Giant vs Elves the war trying to get into the elf town or giant town. They should bring it back, it was the best ever, life is too dull now.
    EmilieBerrytheAlphaMelon
  • FluoretteFluorette
    Mabinogi Rep: 4,440
    Posts: 703
    Member
    Remember Giant vs Elves the war trying to get into the elf town or giant town. They should bring it back, it was the best ever, life is too dull now.

    Eh. Disagree. That would make doing certain Generations (like Saga and the newer Gen that came out I think) more difficult/annoying to complete than necessary.

    These thoughts should probably continue in a separate thread.
  • HelsaHelsa
    Mabinogi Rep: 20,685
    Posts: 4,450
    Member
    Fluorette wrote: »
    Remember Giant vs Elves the war trying to get into the elf town or giant town. They should bring it back, it was the best ever, life is too dull now.

    Eh. Disagree. That would make doing certain Generations (like Saga and the newer Gen that came out I think) more difficult/annoying to complete than necessary.

    These thoughts should probably continue in a separate thread.

    They could if they introduced "Time Travel". Basically it's another map, like Avon say, but its the old connous and physis (have the old filia and vales too) and the war is still on. They could reactivate G5 and G6 that way, which would be a step toward allowing double transformation: falcon/dark night, beast/paladin say.
  • KensamaofmariKensamaofmari
    Mabinogi Rep: 34,545
    Posts: 7,894
    Member
    Helsa wrote: »
    Fluorette wrote: »
    Remember Giant vs Elves the war trying to get into the elf town or giant town. They should bring it back, it was the best ever, life is too dull now.

    Eh. Disagree. That would make doing certain Generations (like Saga and the newer Gen that came out I think) more difficult/annoying to complete than necessary.

    These thoughts should probably continue in a separate thread.

    They could if they introduced "Time Travel". Basically it's another map, like Avon say, but its the old connous and physis (have the old filia and vales too) and the war is still on. They could reactivate G5 and G6 that way, which would be a step toward allowing double transformation: falcon/dark night, beast/paladin say.

    Vales and Filia another world with Tir Na Nog...

    E vs G ended because the war between the races technically ended during and a little before Saga. The discoveries of Hillwen and Shylien part of the reason.
  • HelsaHelsa
    Mabinogi Rep: 20,685
    Posts: 4,450
    Member
    Helsa wrote: »
    Fluorette wrote: »
    Remember Giant vs Elves the war trying to get into the elf town or giant town. They should bring it back, it was the best ever, life is too dull now.

    Eh. Disagree. That would make doing certain Generations (like Saga and the newer Gen that came out I think) more difficult/annoying to complete than necessary.

    These thoughts should probably continue in a separate thread.

    They could if they introduced "Time Travel". Basically it's another map, like Avon say, but its the old connous and physis (have the old filia and vales too) and the war is still on. They could reactivate G5 and G6 that way, which would be a step toward allowing double transformation: falcon/dark night, beast/paladin say.

    Vales and Filia another world with Tir Na Nog...

    E vs G ended because the war between the races technically ended during and a little before Saga. The discoveries of Hillwen and Shylien part of the reason.

    Hense, time travel.
  • KensamaofmariKensamaofmari
    Mabinogi Rep: 34,545
    Posts: 7,894
    Member
    Helsa wrote: »
    Helsa wrote: »
    Fluorette wrote: »
    Remember Giant vs Elves the war trying to get into the elf town or giant town. They should bring it back, it was the best ever, life is too dull now.

    Eh. Disagree. That would make doing certain Generations (like Saga and the newer Gen that came out I think) more difficult/annoying to complete than necessary.

    These thoughts should probably continue in a separate thread.

    They could if they introduced "Time Travel". Basically it's another map, like Avon say, but its the old connous and physis (have the old filia and vales too) and the war is still on. They could reactivate G5 and G6 that way, which would be a step toward allowing double transformation: falcon/dark night, beast/paladin say.

    Vales and Filia another world with Tir Na Nog...

    E vs G ended because the war between the races technically ended during and a little before Saga. The discoveries of Hillwen and Shylien part of the reason.

    Hense, time travel.

    Ah, when XO Quiz was held outside Vales back then and people would lure Giant Guards to the Quiz area to attack all the other Elves and Elven allied humans. That was today's version of urns summons back then, except it was free.
  • AmarazAmaraz
    Mabinogi Rep: 2,215
    Posts: 185
    Member
    Think about all the stuff you do have for being an older player though. All the events, the cross-overs, the random perks or sales you got over 10+ years you put into the game, that all these new players don't have a fighting chance for. It all balances out.
    Kensamaofmari
  • CaptmuffinzCaptmuffinz
    Mabinogi Rep: 625
    Posts: 13
    Member
    Do we really want to give more reason to for new player to leave and some one still want to blame new player for making the game easier then before. Then server merge wouldn't be a thing now. It a lot easier to keep old player around then keeping new player around.
    Veylaine
  • SetsunahSetsunah
    Mabinogi Rep: 560
    Posts: 2
    Member
    I've been playing Mabinogi on and off since 2009 across multiple servers, so I think I'd categorize as an "older" player.

    Exclusivity of items doesn't make sense unless they were advertised as such. Fashion items don't have any particular statistical advantage in most cases, which means that they don't particularly make gameplay easier or more rewarding for players - they're only there for aesthetic appeal, and if you play Mabinogi you understand fashion is how Nexon makes its money off this game. From a marketing standpoint, there is no benefit in holding back cosmetic item just so the handful of people that obtained it originally AND still play the game can feel special - especially since they never said they wouldn't bring it back.

    As for leveling and skills, this argument makes no sense. It's like if our parents tried to get calculators and laptops banned from schooling. "Back in my day, we did our calculations manually! We took our notes with pen and paper! Using calculators/computers is cheating!" How stupid does that sound? Times change, and humans are inherently lazy. Over time, to make sure people don't get turned away from the ungodly grind that are skills like Windmill, Ninja, Dual Gun, etc. they made leveling and skill grinding less time-intensive with stuff like memoirs, skill seals, pots, events. Heck, even the under 1k free skill resets and daily rebirths are something that have been around for years, and I guarantee I would NOT have stuck around after coming back for Nao merge if I didn't have these tools to ease my transition into mid-game.
  • GretaGreta
    Mabinogi Rep: 46,735
    Posts: 6,952
    Member
    Setsunah wrote: »
    I've been playing Mabinogi on and off since 2009 across multiple servers, so I think I'd categorize as an "older" player.

    Exclusivity of items doesn't make sense unless they were advertised as such. Fashion items don't have any particular statistical advantage in most cases, which means that they don't particularly make gameplay easier or more rewarding for players - they're only there for aesthetic appeal, and if you play Mabinogi you understand fashion is how Nexon makes its money off this game. From a marketing standpoint, there is no benefit in holding back cosmetic item just so the handful of people that obtained it originally AND still play the game can feel special - especially since they never said they wouldn't bring it back.

    As for leveling and skills, this argument makes no sense. It's like if our parents tried to get calculators and laptops banned from schooling. "Back in my day, we did our calculations manually! We took our notes with pen and paper! Using calculators/computers is cheating!" How stupid does that sound? Times change, and humans are inherently lazy. Over time, to make sure people don't get turned away from the ungodly grind that are skills like Windmill, Ninja, Dual Gun, etc. they made leveling and skill grinding less time-intensive with stuff like memoirs, skill seals, pots, events. Heck, even the under 1k free skill resets and daily rebirths are something that have been around for years, and I guarantee I would NOT have stuck around after coming back for Nao merge if I didn't have these tools to ease my transition into mid-game.

    Why your profile looks broken?
  • EmilieBerryEmilieBerry
    Mabinogi Rep: 1,385
    Posts: 51
    Member
    edited September 6, 2019
    Remember Giant vs Elves the war trying to get into the elf town or giant town. They should bring it back, it was the best ever, life is too dull now.

    I do miss sneaking my giant -sided human friends...down to filia town square.
  • KensamaofmariKensamaofmari
    Mabinogi Rep: 34,545
    Posts: 7,894
    Member
    Remember Giant vs Elves the war trying to get into the elf town or giant town. They should bring it back, it was the best ever, life is too dull now.

    I do miss sneaking my giant -sided human friends...down to filia town square.

    Maybe, we'll get E&G vs H soon from the preview of G24.
  • SpringvioletSpringviolet
    Mabinogi Rep: 1,565
    Posts: 102
    Member
    Well as an older player we have many memories that we could speak about all-day. We are now the teachers and masters of the new players, they look up to us as parents. We are blessed!
  • PlatinaKokiPlatinaKoki
    Mabinogi Rep: 7,655
    Posts: 948
    Member
    edited September 20, 2019
    Doublepost. Please delete.
  • PlatinaKokiPlatinaKoki
    Mabinogi Rep: 7,655
    Posts: 948
    Member
    edited September 20, 2019
    Well as an older player we have many memories that we could speak about all-day. We are now the teachers and masters of the new players, they look up to us as parents. We are blessed!

    What does that get us, though?

    Nothing.
    Amaraz wrote: »
    Think about all the stuff you do have for being an older player though. All the events, the cross-overs, the random perks or sales you got over 10+ years you put into the game, that all these new players don't have a fighting chance for. It all balances out.

    Crossovers are 99% cash shop, and anything "free" from them are entirely passable.

    Perks and sales, yes, but that only describes a few. Most end up getting shafted.
    The new players are blessed for the simple fact that they're not caught up in the Gacha game. Yet.

    Wow. I'm ninja-ing myself.
  • KensamaofmariKensamaofmari
    Mabinogi Rep: 34,545
    Posts: 7,894
    Member
    Well as an older player we have many memories that we could speak about all-day. We are now the teachers and masters of the new players, they look up to us as parents. We are blessed!

    What does that get us, though?

    Nothing.
    Amaraz wrote: »
    Think about all the stuff you do have for being an older player though. All the events, the cross-overs, the random perks or sales you got over 10+ years you put into the game, that all these new players don't have a fighting chance for. It all balances out.

    Crossovers are 99% cash shop, and anything "free" from them are entirely passable.

    Perks and sales, yes, but that only describes a few. Most end up getting shafted.
    The new players are blessed for the simple fact that they're not caught up in the Gacha game. Yet.

    Wow. I'm ninja-ing myself.

    Welcome to Mabinogi
  • HelsaHelsa
    Mabinogi Rep: 20,685
    Posts: 4,450
    Member
    Remember when you had to wait for combat skills to load, and windmill damaged you too? Ah, memories. Wait! I'm glad that's gone.