Check out all of the details of this month's Patch Notes, featuring the 16th Anniversary and VIP Renewal Update! https://mabinogi.nexon.net/news/90098/16th-anniversary-and-vip-renewal-patch-notes-march-14th
[NEW MILLETIANS] Please note that all new forum users have to be approved before posting. This process can take up to 24 hours, and we appreciate your patience.
If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the Nexon Forums Code of Conduct. You have to register before you can post, so you can log in or create a forum name above to proceed. Thank you for your visit!

Mabinogi Feedback Survey!

EbrithilEbrithil
Mabinogi Rep: 865
in General Chat
Hey everyone, just finished filling out the feedback survey, and the last question, are there any other suggestions?! I feel like we could collaborate and really hammer something home here.

I personally suggested a Reboot / Classic Server. If anyone played the Maplestory reboot, they made it so you had to farm your own gear, and increased drop rates to make it more doable. With the increase in popularity for classic servers I think having a server more akin to the old days would be cool.

Anyway what do you guys think? I want to hear what my fellow players think!
What suggestions do you have?! Maybe we can foster some great ideas here!

Comments

• KensamaofmariKensamaofmari
    Mabinogi Rep: 34,745
    Is that the one that pops up upon logout?
  • FayeKaibaFayeKaiba
    Mabinogi Rep: 10,670
    edited September 5, 2019
    Personally having a reboot server is ugh. I completely hated the MS reboot server and it made me quit. It's 2019, there is no need to play 2012 Mabi.
    What is the fun in playing the past? Taking away all the features that have been added. To me it just sounds tiresome. As someone who has been here since 2011, I hated how it was back then.
    As for my own suggestions, I am not sure, a few of the things I have wanted have been added back into the game.
    TwistedxFateWolfsingerJw889Kitt15najee508UItimaHaruuchan
  • EbrithilEbrithil
    Mabinogi Rep: 865
    Is that the one that pops up upon logout?

Nope, there is a new survey on the mabinogi homepage :) It just showed up with this maintenance. I am curious what they plan to do with all of it.
    pawcalypseJw889Haruuchan
    I see... time to essay all the past grievances!
  • AlphaofallwolvesAlphaofallwolves
    Mabinogi Rep: 1,115
    Something I forgot to write in mine was to fix the blacksmithing mini game.
    EbrithilKitt15
  • GretaGreta
    Mabinogi Rep: 51,805
    edited September 5, 2019
    So many questions and they all seem to be oriented around returned players...
    I couldn't do it after i went to 23 question.
    The hell i know which update did i like/dislike the most? Like bruh, I really can't remember such detail.

EDIT: I had to google and see the update lists so i could remember them. Finally managed to complete it.
    DragoolfireKensamaofmariWolfsinger
  • MiliardoMiliardo
    Mabinogi Rep: 1,470
    edited September 5, 2019
    I don't think mabi could afford a classic server. Why do you think we just merged 3 servers? This game isn't doing as well as maplestory, runescape, or wow. So of course they aren't going to add a whole new server and then try to salvage a bunch of old content. I mean don't get me wrong I would not mind having a nostalgia trip to the old days, but it's just not financially feasible.
    PlatinaKokiJw889Kitt15Haruuchan
  • DragoolfireDragoolfire
    Mabinogi Rep: 3,590
    Oh, I know what suggestion I forgot on mine. Race Change. Now I am sad. :(
    Haruuchan
  • HoldHold
    Mabinogi Rep: 1,480
    I'm sure nexon is going to be reading a lot of merge Alexina with Nao.
    GretaEbrithilCrimsọnKitt15
  • HelsaHelsa
    Mabinogi Rep: 23,380
    Everyone is going to say their pet issues both here and in the survey; a group consensus is unlikely. Meanwhile, most of the survey seems to be about why you left and why you came back; maybe that's what we should be thinking about.
    Greta wrote: »
    So many questions and they all seem to be oriented around returned players...
    I couldn't do it after i went to 23 question.
    The hell i know which update did i like/dislike the most? Like bruh, I really can't remember such detail.

EDIT: I had to google and see the update lists so i could remember them. Finally managed to complete it.

I had trouble here to trying to figure out what I enjoyed the best and what I found most troublesome. Had to jog the memory and then push through to the end
  • MiliardoMiliardo
    Mabinogi Rep: 1,470
    Personally my issue (with returning) has always been catching up in storyline content. G19 is my current beast left to conquer. That first Girgashy fight ugh

At the end I just told them to actually do something with guilds. Daily guild quests, guild uniforms, guild calendar. Anything to push guild members to interact with each other would be nice. "Dead" guilds that don't do anything together is a big game killer for so many people I believe.
  • ZearaZeara
    Mabinogi Rep: 900
    Theres no reason to do a new server. We had a merge for a reason because thats what alexina was. I suggested putting money into advertising to bring in a new playerbase because I remember seeing mabi ads on fb back in 2009. Also do away with afk/daily login events and make the events more fun and interactive like the old ones. We need more events like joes iria caravan or dragonboat. Also mentioned the god awful gold bot issue that we are having in game thats even worse on the Nao server Facebook group with people openly selling and buying gold on there. Last thing i remember talking about was bringing back a reason to do dungeon. Give us new rewards and incentives to do them because honestly i miss running them.
    GretaWolfsinger
  • i8myrice2dayyi8myrice2dayy
    Mabinogi Rep: 610
    Ebrithil wrote: »
    Hey everyone, just finished filling out the feedback survey, and the last question, are there any other suggestions?! I feel like we could collaborate and really hammer something home here.

I personally suggested a Reboot / Classic Server. If anyone played the Maplestory reboot, they made it so you had to farm your own gear, and increased drop rates to make it more doable. With the increase in popularity for classic servers I think having a server more akin to the old days would be cool.

Anyway what do you guys think? I want to hear what my fellow players think!
    What suggestions do you have?! Maybe we can foster some great ideas here!

I do see where you are coming from. However, I agree with what several people stated with creating a new server would be unnecessary. A more applicable update would be to update the graphics and optimization. I'm not sure how many of you have seen Mabinogi mobile but the graphics look really well made. Additionally, I believe that some PC optimization should take place. I'm not sure what other people think, but those were my main points.

Also,
    I saw this on the suggestion forum but adding a "Buy" option to the Auction House would be huge and cool to see. Would make buying and selling items that much more efficient.
    Ebrithil
  • SaiSai
    Mabinogi Rep: 8,785
    edited September 5, 2019
    So this is not for sad people like me who never once left ever?
    SebastianEbrithilWolfsinger
  • SebastianSebastian
    Mabinogi Rep: 6,870
    edited September 5, 2019
    Sai wrote: »
    So this is not for sad people like me who never once left ever?

Honestly. I felt a bit strange after realizing I've never actually dropped this game for a long period of time... maybe 2-3 weeks at max.
  • RheyRhey
    Mabinogi Rep: 10,175
    Revisit old collaboration and clone some of those stuff as permanent contents with re-skins. And add more lifeskills mats as rewards incentives to various daily quest so people will be more motivated to do them. Cycle them daily just to keep things interesting.
    TwistedxFate
  • DarvhasDarvhas
    Mabinogi Rep: 725
    edited September 6, 2019
    Well said Crims, I forgot to mention that tbh. Mostly my gripe was on Racial Transformations and adding Ego/Erg for Merlins
    Definitely, this game is really tanking for the Western consumers. Too much RNG within RNG - , things like Divine Weapons have rolls. Unacceptable when its such a feat to make it.
  • JochiraEUJochiraEU
    Mabinogi Rep: 530
    Well, my answers was quite limited, since not only am I a returning player that's trying to catch up with the story, i'm also doing it on an entirely new main, Anyway, since I've been focusing on story ever since my return (i'm currently doing G16), my main issue is how easy they made G9~G12.

I don't remember exactly what I wrote, but my main issue was that there are only 2 difficulties for G9~12, you either get Basic or Int (rare instances where you get Adv and Hard, but they're either RP, very short and/or doesn't require you to fight, so it doesn't matter) making it easy for you to basically one-shot everything. I wish the difficulty of G9~12 would be like old days, where it was based upon your accumalitive lvl, or that that it would be based upon your highest talent. Would make G9~12 more fun, since you would have a decent challenge while doing it too.

Or if they feel like it might be too much for newer players, at least allow us to decide the difficulty on our own.
  • DanievictriaDanievictria
    Mabinogi Rep: 3,695
    Three things I forgot to suggest (long day at school, tired as heck, back mysteriously hurting, and a lot on my mind):

1. Making Tara less barren.

2. Fixing the CP ratings on dungeon mobs already (seriously, the bland, Wonderbread content that is Shadow Missions gets proper CP ratings, but not the game's awesome dungeons? What gives?).

3. Fixing the drop rates of Karu Forest dungeon skill books (Really, what do they have? A 1% drop rate or something? That's no good for such a long dungeon.).

But, I did mention how hard it is to find players with compatible play styles to group with, and how frustrating it is to be forced to find a partner to get certain skills (*cough*Mana Shield*cough*Fusion Bolt*cough*Hail Storm*cough*) because of how hard it can be to recruit party members in-game in a timely manner.
    Kitt15