Check out all of the details of this month's Patch Notes, featuring the 16th Anniversary and VIP Renewal Update! https://mabinogi.nexon.net/news/90098/16th-anniversary-and-vip-renewal-patch-notes-march-14th
[NEW MILLETIANS] Please note that all new forum users have to be approved before posting. This process can take up to 24 hours, and we appreciate your patience.
If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the Nexon Forums Code of Conduct. You have to register before you can post, so you can log in or create a forum name above to proceed. Thank you for your visit!

Maybe recycle whats left of Peria into mabinogi

SkullKingSkullKing
Mabinogi Rep: 620
edited September 23, 2019 in Feedback and Suggestions
Look i was hoping peria chronicles would be like a mabinogi 2.0 but its been canned but i also think its kinda a waste to just trash whats been built and it might be good to use it to update and make better a game that already is in the same niche but needs problems fixed.

But i also understand this might be going on deaf ears cause nexon not really one to give a crap.

But ya if any thing this suggestion is basically for them to use what they built from the now canned peria and use it to fix and polish mabinogi.
  1. would you go for this11 votes
    1. Yes
       9% (1 vote)
    2. No
       9% (1 vote)
    3. Yes but if it was separate from current mabinogi
       36% (4 votes)
    4. The cake is a lie!
       45% (5 votes)

Comments

• DraechDraech
    Mabinogi Rep: 4,390
    That's impossible in so many ways. If they were to redo Mabinogi using the groundwork they had for Peria, then maybe, but character data and more wouldn't be transered over. Otherwise, you can't use Peria's stuff to "fix" Mabi; it's apples and oranges here.
    Miliardo
  • alissanalyzeralissanalyzer
    Mabinogi Rep: 200
    Peria is a pretty bad looking game to be honest.
  • SkullKingSkullKing
    edited September 23, 2019
    impossible no improbable maybe i'v seen people throw that's impossible to do in the coding and gaming industry so many times and it's been proven wrong.
  • Darkpixie99Darkpixie99
    Mabinogi Rep: 8,660
    I really would like to see Mabinogi's Homestead Farming system improved, and Peria Chronicles had Harvesting for recipe (Cooking) materials.
    It would be nice to see that in depth farming mechanism in Mabinogi as well, rather than just planting a seed for Kons which are never used at the cap.
    Kensamaofmari
  • KensamaofmariKensamaofmari
    Mabinogi Rep: 34,745
    I really would like to see Mabinogi's Homestead Farming system improved, and Peria Chronicles had Harvesting for recipe (Cooking) materials.
    It would be nice to see that in depth farming mechanism in Mabinogi as well, rather than just planting a seed for Kons which are never used at the cap.

Wouldn't it be great if they integrated homestead, crafting and commerce with each other?
    Darkpixie99
  • MiliardoMiliardo
    Mabinogi Rep: 1,470
    Here let me just copy this line of code from Battlefield 5 and put it into Call of Duty 2. I'm sure it will just work.

Sarcasm aside, if they had anything they could recycle I'm sure they've already considered it as any profit hungry business would.
    KensamaofmariDarkpixie99
  • SkullKingSkullKing
    i was not expecting them to copy and paste the code and have it magically work but stranger things have happened.
    and i'm probably going to ignore this thread now cause i see where its going.
    "jumps ship."
  • HelsaHelsa
    Mabinogi Rep: 23,380
    We seem to have gotten a little bit already, with the new dance teams in Emain. More bits of it, here and there, may find it's way into it.
    Darkpixie99
  • KensamaofmariKensamaofmari
    Mabinogi Rep: 34,745
    Miliardo wrote: »
    Here let me just copy this line of code from Battlefield 5 and put it into Call of Duty 2. I'm sure it will just work.

Sarcasm aside, if they had anything they could recycle I'm sure they've already considered it as any profit hungry business would.

Well one things for sure, potato mashers will be potato mashers.
    Darkpixie99
  • Darkpixie99Darkpixie99
    Mabinogi Rep: 8,660
    edited September 25, 2019
    Helsa wrote: »
    We seem to have gotten a little bit already, with the new dance teams in Emain. More bits of it, here and there, may find it's way into it.

I'd like to believe the Uprising update took a bit of that progression example as well.
    However, the one thing Peria Chronicles had in which Mabinogi has lost, is the statless and 100% pure cosmetic outfits.
    It would be a nice addition to the gachapons once loot box legislation passes, so that as in MS2, all you get are cosmetics.
    (No probable pay to win elements, if trade-able on the AH.)
    Mabinogi may have a Style Tab, but there still remains that ignored aspect as to why the Beauty Shop failed.
    (Which was the duration based cosmetics, rather than permanent.)
    It would be so easy to fix, but Nexon still remains adamant at not updating or improving the VIP service with QoL aspects.
    (Such as use of the Style Tab to utilize the cosmetic items.)