Check out all of the details of this month's Patch Notes, featuring the 16th Anniversary and VIP Renewal Update! https://mabinogi.nexon.net/news/90098/16th-anniversary-and-vip-renewal-patch-notes-march-14th
[NEW MILLETIANS] Please note that all new forum users have to be approved before posting. This process can take up to 24 hours, and we appreciate your patience.
If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the Nexon Forums Code of Conduct. You have to register before you can post, so you can log in or create a forum name above to proceed. Thank you for your visit!

Pursuing(Outlaw Hunting)

HarukariHarukari
Mabinogi Rep: 8,470
in General Chat
I have many bounty hunter cards that have been collecting dust for a while that I would like to use.
But once I start pursuing for a certain amount of time. Bandits will spawn, but when I get near they despawn.
Only way I can do this properly is if I have someone spawn bandits via commerce. Or just say screw pursue and go commerce.

Is there a fix for this?

Comments

• IyasenuIyasenu
    Mabinogi Rep: 24,265
    You pretty much listed the simplest "fix" for this, and that's to have someone in Commerce mode run around acting as a sort of "spotter" for you.

I guess you can try to do both.
    Do a commerce run, and when you reach the end, retrace your path in Pursuit mode.

I wonder what this issue is, though.
    It could be like the game is caching bandit spawns while you're out and about, and they despawn or something in the meantime, and it isn't until you get close that the client updates like "Oh, actually this bandit spawn despawned" and they disappear from your screen.

Does closing Mabi and reopening it do anything?
    I can't say I've ever started up Mabi and immediately ran off to pursue bandits.
    Harukari
  • NeroyNeroy
    Mabinogi Rep: 1,640
    It glitches quite a lot, i just CCed and it fixed itself, and Commercing is probably best way to make Ducats if you got a maxed Tir outpost.(20k+ per long run 40k+ with the potent letters), but doing pursuits with bandit cards is the best way to get the Wagon and the Elephant Cart fast.
    pawcalypseHarukari
  • pawcalypsepawcalypse
    Mabinogi Rep: 4,705
    Ever since this was introduced, I do all my Outlaw hunting at the Tailteann map (not Fire Emblem). It has more "ambush" or bandit spawns compared to other areas. However, before I do my hunt I usually have done a couple of runs of commerce trading. I don't do it as a method but I just realized it, I guess it helps.

Commerce trading and outlaw hunting is similar to the treasure hunting mechanics (not the skills) where the L-rod is equivalent to your cargo and the bandit-ambush is the hidden treasure. The ambush spawn-point, like the treasure, is affected universally for all the channels in a server. However, unlike a treasure which gets advertised for every channel once it is discovered, the bandits will only appear in one channel of that server. Yet like a treasure, once uncovered, the bandits will not appear at the location again for some amount of time or until after a server maintenance.
    From what I understand the "spawn area" has more than one spawn point where bandits appear, this is just my theory. The bandits will appear near and around the area and can be revisited each time to trigger bandits to appear. The bandits will not appear at the same point but that general area. I also notice that some spawn-areas overlap and are next to each other to make bandits seem to appear in a broader scope.
    Harukaristarkiller1286
  • HarukariHarukari
    Mabinogi Rep: 8,470
    Thanks for the input, CCing doesn't really help. Relaunching the game I actually haven't tried but I'm sure that also fixes it.

I will try commercing then retrace my path in pursue mode next time.
    pawcalypseNeroy
  • MiliardoMiliardo
    Mabinogi Rep: 1,470
    The bandits are "spawned" by commerce. If nobody has done commerce in that area recently then you won't find any bandits there. Bounty hunter just "respawns" the bandits that commerce players evaded. As for the despawning bandits, this is because the bandits were spawned a while ago by another player and had already hit that time limit when you approached them. Think of them as ghost bandits.

My personal strategy is to buy 1 of the cheapest item at dunby trade and run around spawning bandits in danger zones and then cancel when i have about 3-4 spawns ready to hunt. 3-4 is usually enough to get a homestead pass.

Also this isn't directly related to your issue but as a favor to every bounty hunter including yourself, if you find the bandit boss, its better to leave and find another pass. Once the bandit boss is found it gets removed from the board and if there are no more bosses to hunt, that means no more hunting for anyone. You can still earn ducats from doing normal outlaw homesteads, especially if you have bounty cards.
    HarukaripawcalypseMegasoul
  • MegasoulMegasoul
    Mabinogi Rep: 1,735
    Miliardo wrote: »
    The bandits are "spawned" by commerce. If nobody has done commerce in that area recently then you won't find any bandits there. Bounty hunter just "respawns" the bandits that commerce players evaded. As for the despawning bandits, this is because the bandits were spawned a while ago by another player and had already hit that time limit when you approached them. Think of them as ghost bandits.

My personal strategy is to buy 1 of the cheapest item at dunby trade and run around spawning bandits in danger zones and then cancel when i have about 3-4 spawns ready to hunt. 3-4 is usually enough to get a homestead pass.

Also this isn't directly related to your issue but as a favor to every bounty hunter including yourself, if you find the bandit boss, its better to leave and find another pass. Once the bandit boss is found it gets removed from the board and if there are no more bosses to hunt, that means no more hunting for anyone. You can still earn ducats from doing normal outlaw homesteads, especially if you have bounty cards.

This is practically the best answer possible. Of course you don't need to spawn and if you have a partner to help you out; you could just do both at the same time. Also don't forget that someone needs to have lost Ducats in order for the Bandit to even appear on the board, something you could also cause to happen by doing this method.