Check out all of the details of this month's Patch Notes, featuring the 16th Anniversary and VIP Renewal Update! https://mabinogi.nexon.net/news/90098/16th-anniversary-and-vip-renewal-patch-notes-march-14th
[NEW MILLETIANS] Please note that all new forum users have to be approved before posting. This process can take up to 24 hours, and we appreciate your patience.
If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the Nexon Forums Code of Conduct. You have to register before you can post, so you can log in or create a forum name above to proceed. Thank you for your visit!

"Pet Points" How to Acquire and Use?

IyasenuIyasenu
Mabinogi Rep: 24,265
in General Chat
So there's a difference between "Pet Rebirth Points" which you need 10,000 of in order to rebirth your Pet and "Pet Points" which are used for the new Perks for pets.

I was wondering how to acquire them?
The announcement says:
Pet Points are obtained by doing the same activities you would to raise your Pet Rebirth Points.
Depending on the activity you do, you will gain a small percentage to your Pet Points.
You can view and convert your Pet Points by looking at the your pet's status window.

Well, I just took a Pet that was Level 200 before the update and earned 10,000 Pet Rebirth Points doing various things.
I didn't get a single Pet Point from all 10,000 Pet Rebirth Point activities even though the announcement says they're obtained via doing the same activities.
Then I just used 10,000 points to rebirth the pet, having to skip getting the pet its first perk since you need at least 5 Pet Points, and I still had 0.

After rebirthing, the pet still had 0 Pet Points, but was now Level 1.
I then went and levelled the pet up using the Golden Supplement from the Content quest. This got the pet up to level 101, and it was only after that, the pet gained Pet Points, 300 to be exact. (and 2,000 Pet Rebirth Points just from leveling up), so now the pet was at 300 Pet Points and 2,000 Pet Rebirth Points.
I then went and did some more PRP grinding and got up to 3,000, but the Pet Points were still at 300. So it seems like Pet Points are just from leveling up your pet, not really from doing PRP-rewarding activities.

Anyone else got any insight?

Comments

• ZanathKariashiZanathKariashi
    Mabinogi Rep: 660
    seems like pet points work like Potentials. You get them whenever the pet levels up to a 10's level.
  • KensamaofmariKensamaofmari
    Mabinogi Rep: 34,745
    Strange, I've gotten the 500 upon summoning some pets.
  • IyasenuIyasenu

Are you talking about the event quest that asks you to get 500 points?
    If so, that's not Pet Points, that's Pet Rebirth Points.
    You probably gained points summoning a pet that had an Age Up waiting, since that gives 1,000 Pet Rebirth Points.
  • HelsaHelsa
    Mabinogi Rep: 23,380
    For the event, just summon a pet as soon as you log in, do your stuff, after a while (maybe a game day or an hour or so) it gives you 500 points. Just summon it, leave it summoned and forget about it.
    Iyasenu wrote: »

Are you talking about the event quest that asks you to get 500 points?
    If so, that's not Pet Points, that's Pet Rebirth Points.
    You probably gained points summoning a pet that had an Age Up waiting, since that gives 1,000 Pet Rebirth Points.

Ah ok, the info written on the event pages get confusing time to time.
  • IyasenuIyasenu
    It doesn't help matters that "Pet Rebirth Points" and "Pet Points" sound interchangeable but are actually totally different points with different uses.

Pet Rebirth Points = Points you need 10,000 of for a Pet to Rebirth, gained from the various activities mentioned in the hover-over tooltip.

Pet Points = Points used to upgrade Pet Perks, gained every 10th combat level (like Potential Levels)
    It doesn't help matters that "Pet Rebirth Points" and "Pet Points" sound interchangeable but are actually totally different points with different uses.

Pet Rebirth Points = Points you need 10,000 of for a Pet to Rebirth, gained from the various activities mentioned in the hover-over tooltip.

Pet Points = Points used to upgrade Pet Perks, gained every 10th combat level (like Potential Levels)

Which is why it's bad to be reading about the event and doing it at the same time between 11pm and 1230am.
  • Gaby5011Gaby5011
    Mabinogi Rep: 5,965

Saturday age up gives 1000 points.
  • MegasoulMegasoul
    Mabinogi Rep: 1,735
    Ironically, there's only one menu in the game that tells you how to collect Pet Points: the menu that opens when you convert them over to your character. So the only way to know how to earn Pet Points is to have already earned them :I

But yes, every 10 levels you get some, and I think it's 2x pet points right now. You're supposed to collect them on a pet and then convert them to your character so you can rebirth pets into new/upgraded benefits.
    Iyasenustarkiller1286Sherri
  • IyasenuIyasenu
    Megasoul wrote: »
    Ironically, there's only one menu in the game that tells you how to collect Pet Points: the menu that opens when you convert them over to your character. So the only way to know how to earn Pet Points is to have already earned them :I

But yes, every 10 levels you get some, and I think it's 2x pet points right now. You're supposed to collect them on a pet and then convert them to your character so you can rebirth pets into new/upgraded benefits.

Oh, I forgot there was a 2x Pet Point event going on atm.
    So since we get 30 every 10th level now, the normal rate must be 15 every 10th level.

Since it takes 600 points to go from rF to r1 of a perk, then that's basically 200 levels per perk normally.
    Well, no time like this event to get to farming Pet Points for a jump start on the perk system, I guess.
    Though there's not really a rush since it's permanent content.
  • AppleChanceryAppleChancery
    Mabinogi Rep: 1,045
    Does the golden supplement from content quest have expiration? Or is it the same as the one from the hot day?
  • TiroTiro
    Mabinogi Rep: 1,365
    Does the golden supplement from content quest have expiration? Or is it the same as the one from the hot day?

They are the same and stack
    IyasenuSherri
  • DemoncatDemoncat
    Mabinogi Rep: 1,720
    Does using the pet points effect stats? cause my friend told me when he used the points it did on his pet
  • IyasenuIyasenu
    Demoncat wrote: »
    Does using the pet points effect stats? cause my friend told me when he used the points it did on his pet

No, pet points are only for ranking up the pet perks, and pet perks don't give any stats.
  • KitsuneanagiKitsuneanagi
    Mabinogi Rep: 1,160
    Pet points (every 10 lvs it rewards your pet with 30 pet points) but you need to exchange it before you desummon it or it rebirths with 10k pet rebirth points

also with every pet rb to obtain perks, they need to be current 100 to unlock a new perk to its arsenal
    basically the mana shield + mp recovery one takes 3 days for 1 100 summon minute time to grind and at r1 100% mana instant gain+mana shield+def+mag defense pet summon effects

But pet leveling doesn't at 50+ give much stats but the pet exp if you level up the perk increases their exp gains at a faster pet when summoned or activated

also for sm spam conflict basic 3-4 people and spam that 25 times if they got lv 100+
    and alby normal (any item drop but passes) also count and is shorter length then beginner mode
    25x of each will get 10000 pet rebirth points

also that healing pet perk for hp is not working because
    The last method doesn't activate even with 5 minutes
    all others can be filled and its kinda wierd for me
    I was able to get r5 exp for one of my grinding pets and r1 mana shield is sooooo easy to do on a low mana but high tankiness at a high level
  • IyasenuIyasenu
    Pet points (every 10 lvs it rewards your pet with 30 pet points) but you need to exchange it before you desummon it or it rebirths with 10k pet rebirth points

also with every pet rb to obtain perks, they need to be current 100 to unlock a new perk to its arsenal
    basically the mana shield + mp recovery one takes 3 days for 1 100 summon minute time to grind and at r1 100% mana instant gain+mana shield+def+mag defense pet summon effects

But pet leveling doesn't at 50+ give much stats but the pet exp if you level up the perk increases their exp gains at a faster pet when summoned or activated

also for sm spam conflict basic 3-4 people and spam that 25 times if they got lv 100+
    and alby normal (any item drop but passes) also count and is shorter length then beginner mode
    25x of each will get 10000 pet rebirth points

also that healing pet perk for hp is not working because
    The last method doesn't activate even with 5 minutes
    all others can be filled and its kinda wierd for me
    I was able to get r5 exp for one of my grinding pets and r1 mana shield is sooooo easy to do on a low mana but high tankiness at a high level

There's a couple things wrong with this.

1. It's 15 Pet Points per 10th level. It was only 30 because there was a 2x Pet Points event.
    2. Unconverted Pet Points don't go away on desummon. I don't think they go away on a 10,000 PRP rebirth either.
    3. Pet level has no bearing on a pet's stat growth. Only age affects level up stat growth.
    4. Bonding Ties doesn't increase all of a pet's EXP gain, it only lets a summoned pet receive a portion of the Mission Clear EXP at the end of a Shadow Mission.
    5. The issue you might be having with the 5 minute thing for Healing Rays is if you just rebirthed to learn it/make it active, you have to desummon and resummon your pet in order to have the game start counting the time.

I've gotten r1 of all the Pet Perks and Level 15 of all the Player Perks, so they definitely all work.

Also if you don't want to bother with getting a group for Conflict, another fast method for SM clears is to spam Saga I Episode 10.
    It's not as fast as Conflict Spam, but it can be done alone at least.
    Veylaine
  • HoldHold
    Mabinogi Rep: 1,480
    I've gotten r1 of all the Pet Perks and Level 15 of all the Player Perks, so they definitely all work.

Also if you don't want to bother with getting a group for Conflict, another fast method for SM clears is to spam Saga I Episode 10.
    It's not as fast as Conflict Spam, but it can be done alone at least.
    This is what I did, its basically 3 quick missions back to back plus a final 1 at the end to finish the saga mission. I found it way quicker than anything else so far. As for my perks, I also managed to get r1 and Level 15 Bonding Ties by just spamming Alby hard mode. You definitely want to get those player/pet perks up right away before this 2x perk exp ends because leveling those player perks are a real chore. I don't even want to imagine how bad its going to be without that exp boost.
  • DemoncatDemoncat
    Mabinogi Rep: 1,720
    Does using the pets 10k point free rebirth effect its date of birthday?
  • HoldHold
    Mabinogi Rep: 1,480
    edited October 11, 2019

Just tried it, I don't think so. My pet was born on a Thursday and did the 10k point rebirth and it still saids Thursday. What I'd like to know is if you rebirth a pet that has pet perk skill, does it keep its rank?
  • IyasenuIyasenu
    Hold wrote: »

Just tried it, I don't think so. My pet was born on a Thursday and did the 10k point rebirth and it still saids Thursday. What I'd like to know is if you rebirth a pet that has pet perk skill, does it keep its rank?

Yes it keeps its rank.
    I have a pet that has r1 of all three Pet Perks.
    The only thing to keep in mind is that whatever Perk you choose for that pet's rebirth is the only one it can use until you rebirth and choose another one.
    So even if a pet has r1 all three, it can't use all three at once, it still has to choose one to use for that rebirth.