Check out all of the details of this month's Patch Notes, featuring the 16th Anniversary and VIP Renewal Update! https://mabinogi.nexon.net/news/90098/16th-anniversary-and-vip-renewal-patch-notes-march-14th
[NEW MILLETIANS] Please note that all new forum users have to be approved before posting. This process can take up to 24 hours, and we appreciate your patience.
If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the Nexon Forums Code of Conduct. You have to register before you can post, so you can log in or create a forum name above to proceed. Thank you for your visit!

Issue getting quest from Yvona

JekzellJekzell
Mabinogi Rep: 1,050
edited September 14, 2019 in Help
I am tryin to get the quest for Musical Knowledge r4 and it tells me to "Talk to [Yvona] in Abb Neagh about [Skills]" , but when I do , all she says is " I can tell you want to learn more about music, but can't focus if you're already trying to learn other skills. Finish what you're working on, then we can talk. " do i really have to finish doing the other quest i have under the quest skill tab?

Comments

• IyasenuIyasenu
    Mabinogi Rep: 24,265
    Maybe not every skill quest, but certain skill quests will keep you from gaining others.

Quests for skills like Thunder, Ice Spear, Fireball, Shock, and Arrow Revolver are some.

Check if you have any of these quests, first.
    There might be more exceptions, but these are the ones I remember.
  • JekzellJekzell
    The only quests i have under skills are to get the skill Bachram Explosion and rest r7
  • IyasenuIyasenu
    Jekzell wrote: »
    The only quests i have under skills are to get the skill Bachram Explosion and rest r7

Might be the Rest quest.
    Certain skill-rank quests can get in the way as well, such as Musical Knowledge rank 7 -> 6.

You can re-get the Rest quest from Walter by talking to him with the Skills keyword, so you can try giving it up and seeing if you can then get Yvona's quest.
  • KensamaofmariKensamaofmari
    Mabinogi Rep: 34,745
    I was reading wiki and it said Rank 3 is talk to Eluned with Skills. Rank 2 is talk to Yvona for musical knowledge.
  • JekzellJekzell
    @Iyasenu it doesnt give me the option to delete the quest.
    @Kensamofmari I am rank 4 musical knowledge atm not rank 3. Tryin to get rank 3
  • IyasenuIyasenu
    Oh if you can't give up the quest, then the only option might be to complete it before you move on to another one.
    Jekzell wrote: »
    @Iyasenu it doesnt give me the option to delete the quest.
    @Kensamofmari I am rank 4 musical knowledge atm not rank 3. Tryin to get rank 3

Oh, you're on the one where you need to do the wine quest.
  • ArtheniaArthenia
    Mabinogi Rep: 505
    I have the same problem. i have Artifact Investigation skill quest that i can't give up. I already have artifact investigation. Do you have a solution for this?
    Here are the possible ways to resolve it
    Finish the artifact investigation quest to see if you can complete it.
    Move this to the bugs section and declare it as bugs and glitches.
    File a ticket to see if the staff can resolve it. If finishing the quest does not complete it, then a ticket must be filed. I don't see a way around it.
  • ArtheniaArthenia
    edited September 25, 2019
    I filed a ticket and they said they can't remove the quest. I have another quest for r7 rest "The Dreams a Girl Dreams" which requires me to deliver the "Lovers in the Forest of Desire" from fiodh normal. I already have r1 rest, its so dumb if i have to finish it just to get the r4 quest for Musical knowledge.
    Ouch.
  • ArtheniaArthenia
    edited September 25, 2019
    Update: Support said i have to finish the quests i have on skill tab then let them know if it still won't work. This game is broken lol.
    Arthenia wrote: »
    Update: Support said i have to finish the quests i have on skill tab then let them know if it still won't work. This game is broken lol.

At least it's a solution? xD
  • ArtheniaArthenia
    I am hoping Jekzell found a way around this X)
    I am hoping Jekzell found a way around this X)

Spam those Iria dungeons
  • ArtheniaArthenia
    I wasted my seals if i did that. Clearly something is broken and it needs fixing :)
    I wasted my seals if i did that. Clearly something is broken and it needs fixing :)

What did you use your seals on?
  • ArtheniaArthenia
    Oh r7 rest. Update: They fixed it :)
    Kensamaofmari
  • ArtheniaArthenia
    So now r3 musical knowledge, Eluned won't give me the quest, its not active skill quests that bugs it. Something may be really broken lol.
    So now r3 musical knowledge, Eluned won't give me the quest, its not active skill quests that bugs it. Something may be really broken lol.

Any other skills in your skill tab quests? xD