Check out all of the details of this month's Patch Notes, featuring the 16th Anniversary and VIP Renewal Update! https://mabinogi.nexon.net/news/90098/16th-anniversary-and-vip-renewal-patch-notes-march-14th
[NEW MILLETIANS] Please note that all new forum users have to be approved before posting. This process can take up to 24 hours, and we appreciate your patience.
If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the Nexon Forums Code of Conduct. You have to register before you can post, so you can log in or create a forum name above to proceed. Thank you for your visit!

After Iria 2 and Beyond

JulieyeaaJulieyeaa
Mabinogi Rep: 430
edited September 26, 2019 in Story Discussion
Hey guys,

Old player here that quit while ago. I got some questions.
So after Iria Saga 2 do we ever see the main cast ever again? Nao, Tarlach, Ruairi?
I haven't completed g21 g22 or g23 because I stopped playing. So If someone cares to give explanation what happens or a link to it. I would appreciate it thanks lol

Comments

• LeineiLeinei
    Mabinogi Rep: 16,440
    Tarlach has been reincarnated as Chibi Tarlach, Nao we see when we rebirth, but story-wise I don't think she's been part of a generation since? Ruairi supposedly killed himself at the end of Saga 2, so whether he will actually show up again is possible, but highly unlikely.

Play the new generations, they are well-written in my opinion. =D
  • KensamaofmariKensamaofmari
    Mabinogi Rep: 34,745
    Leinei wrote: »
    Tarlach has been reincarnated as Chibi Tarlach, Nao we see when we rebirth, but story-wise I don't think she's been part of a generation since? Ruairi supposedly killed himself at the end of Saga 2, so whether he will actually show up again is possible, but highly unlikely.

One also has to remember that Saga was kind of like a stage play mixed into it and there was an event afterwards where all the NPCs were at Rath Castle for those who were there when Saga first came out.

While you could consider a character like Ruairi dead, he's probably a retired character and we probably won't be seeing him anymore, or most of those characters. Tarlach became a kid and lost his memories, Mari = Nao and we know where she is.

But I feel that in the end, the new storylines may connect back to the original.
  • LeineiLeinei

One also has to remember that Saga was kind of like a stage play mixed into it and there was an event afterwards where all the NPCs were at Rath Castle for those who were there when Saga first came out.

While you could consider a character like Ruairi dead, he's probably a retired character and we probably won't be seeing him anymore, or most of those characters. Tarlach became a kid and lost his memories, Mari = Nao and we know where she is.

But I feel that in the end, the new storylines may connect back to the original.

Millia's condition is still comatose in G23 when she foresees the flooding, so I don't consider it a play. It would be one thing if it was like how the Shakespeare stuff was, but it's not all kept in one area, so...
  • KensamaofmariKensamaofmari
    Mabinogi Rep: 34,745

Millia's condition is still comatose in G23 when she foresees the flooding, so I don't consider it a play. It would be one thing if it was like how the Shakespeare stuff was, but it's not all kept in one area, so...

They play tricks on our minds.
    But still, Ruairi's fait is presumed that he's dead right? We don't know if he actually is when he "sacrificed" himself.
  • LeineiLeinei

They play tricks on our minds.
    But still, Ruairi's fait is presumed that he's dead right? We don't know if he actually is when he "sacrificed" himself.

I consider him presumed dead, mainly because Nao seems to welcome him in the end of Saga 2. However, if there's a means to yoink someone from the Soul Stream, I wouldn't be surprised.
  • SqueeSquee
    Mabinogi Rep: 1,565
    I'll be honest, G18's story was the last good story this game produced. Every story I've seen so far in the Divine knights storyline hasn't had the same fun and interesting story that G18 had. G19 and beyond just feel like "chase these people down", and then you fight someone and chase people down again. You spend 90% of the story of the Divine knights chasing down the Apostles rather than fighting bosses and enemies trying to stop you from stopping their goals. The Apostles only seem to fight you when you finally track them down, and even when you win the fights, they get away and you have to chase them down). I don't know about G22 and G23, but I hear horror stories about the difficulty of those and I'm too scared to even attempt them. G18's first season was great, but I feel like Season 2 sorta devolved into "find Tarlach" and then "kill Dian Cecht and Ruairi while saving Tarlach". G18 at least had an interesting story, and I thought making Tarlach and Ruairi both villains was an interesting play for the story. But honestly, so far, everything I've played after is just boring. A lot of the game has basically devolved into "Chase these people down" and then fight, and then you chase them down some more. G18 at least had some fun boss fights along the way, but the new stories don't even have interesting bosses. And a lot of them (Especially in G21) are REALLY unfair.

I wouldn't count on seeing Ruairi again. It's implied that he sacrificed himself to make sure Tarlach didn't have to die, and Nao is just sorta... there. I mean, even Morrighan, Neamhein and Cichol barely even show up anymore. Honestly, I think G18 should have been the "final" story. Maybe one story afterward. I mean, it was said that Ruairi's point was to open all the doors so that Erinn would get flooded with other gods and other beings to war each other to keep the gods and goddesses from messing with the milletians and people in the world, but that concept just sorta gets thrown out the window even though Ruairi supposedly accomplished his goal (At least I assume since he disappears and it seems like he managed to accomplish his goal.). It seems more like they're trying to focus on other things mentioned in the story, and lately it seems like more storylines are trying to focus on nostalgia of the old stories and the old days rather than making good new stories. G21 you actually go back and backtrack through a lot of the beginning stuff again for no sake other than the developers wanting to throw in nostalgia moments.

Honestly, now that I've said all that, they probably will bring Ruairi back, because why not nostalgia?

• ShadowamiShadowami
    Mabinogi Rep: 1,720
    There's a possibility I think, that Ruairi might be alive or coming back alive. Remember after that final battle in saga II, one can wonder, why did Nao show up and look as if she is giving life like she did to us Militians? The sword that Lugh Lavada had was last in possession of Ruairi, and it was mentioned in G22 that it need to be recovered. Starlet and her gang is getting more and more involved with our latest chapter too, so I belive it is a possibility. And Tarlach being a child, could possibly just be a vessel of the real Tarlach waiting to be awoken again.