Check out all of the details of this month's Patch Notes, featuring the 16th Anniversary and VIP Renewal Update! https://mabinogi.nexon.net/news/90098/16th-anniversary-and-vip-renewal-patch-notes-march-14th
[NEW MILLETIANS] Please note that all new forum users have to be approved before posting. This process can take up to 24 hours, and we appreciate your patience.
If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the Nexon Forums Code of Conduct. You have to register before you can post, so you can log in or create a forum name above to proceed. Thank you for your visit!

Tuned flute sound font is offset

SivSiv
Mabinogi Rep: 830
edited September 26, 2019 in Bugs and Glitches
What is the issue?

After the Fantastic Melody update, the Tuned Flute instrument plays a half step lower than all other instruments. So a written "C" would sound like a "B flat." This results in the instrument being completely unusable in freestyle jam.

Additionally, the Tuned Flute's sound is now the Festival Flute sound, instead of the original sound.

What steps must be taken to recreate the issue?

Play the Tuned Flute with any other instrument in a freestyle jam. It sounds extremely discordant. If you play it separately you can hear that it is in fact half a step off.

What do I expect to happen instead?

The Tuned Flute should play the note that is written in the score.

Below is a link to my video comparing the Flute and Tuned Flute.

https://youtu.be/6lUukGGx0Xg

IGN: Siv
Server: Nao

I know that many bards and music lovers are disappointed by this issue, and I hope it can be fixed soon. Thank you!
IonSphyra21Sherri
  1. Have you also experienced this issue?7 votes
    1. Yes
       86% (6 votes)
    2. No
       14% (1 vote)

Comments

• Sphyra21Sphyra21
    Mabinogi Rep: 5,555
    Yup, tuned flute's sound file and Festival Flute's sound file have been swapped. I contacted Nexon about this and the most recent I got from them has frustrated me.
    Basically they told me to make a thread in the suggestions section of the forums. My ticket was NOT a suggestion, it's a report on a PROBLEM. But if they really want a suggestion: Just swap the sound files back! Yes I'm a bit ticked now, I wasn't before I got that response but now I am.
    I was gonna say somethin' else but I forget what it was.
    Ion
  • DraechDraech
    Mabinogi Rep: 4,390
    Sphyra21 wrote: »
    Yup, tuned flute's sound file and Festival Flute's sound file have been swapped. I contacted Nexon about this and the most recent I got from them has frustrated me.
    Basically they told me to make a thread in the suggestions section of the forums. My ticket was NOT a suggestion, it's a report on a PROBLEM. But if they really want a suggestion: Just swap the sound files back! Yes I'm a bit ticked now, I wasn't before I got that response but now I am.
    I was gonna say somethin' else but I forget what it was.

Don't take it personally; I've got a feeling the Support Team mostly consists of GoodBay (an Indian support company that's cheap and bad), and if it is, they won't actually read tickets, or even modify their macro text (their "robot response"). That said, now that it's in the Bugs & Glitches section, it will most likely be taken more seriously, and if it isn't an intentional change, you can bet it'll be corrected quickly.
  • IonIon
    Mabinogi Rep: 1,365
    I love the new sounds. Never liked the old tuned flute, but the issue with it being a half step lower is fairly major. It sounds 100% horrendous in freestyle jams with other instruments.

Now, if they could fix the flute back to it's proper soundfont and actually release the festival instruments that have been in the composer and AH for about two years already, then we could keep this sound and the old one, which would be nice.
    Sherri
  • Sphyra21Sphyra21
    Mabinogi Rep: 5,555
    Yeah I wish they'd release the Festival Instruments already too. But I prefer the actual tuned flute over the festival one, though I'm sure that will change dependin' on the song played.
    Update: Got an apology from Nexon and they are now treating it as report and not a suggestion.
    DraechIonSherri
  • IonIon
    Mabinogi Rep: 1,365
    That's good to hear. I shall do my best to enjoy the few days I may have left with this version of the flute.
  • ShadowamiShadowami
    Mabinogi Rep: 1,720
    If they do manage to get this resolved, I'll have to show everyone how my tuned flute songs are supposed to sound, and as to why fixing the tuned flute was so important. But as it is now, it sounds completely horrible, and nothing works.
    Kensamaofmari
  • SherriSherri
    Mabinogi Rep: 18,615
    Sphyra21 wrote: »
    Yeah I wish they'd release the Festival Instruments already too. But I prefer the actual tuned flute over the festival one, though I'm sure that will change dependin' on the song played.
    Update: Got an apology from Nexon and they are now treating it as report and not a suggestion.

I wish they'd release the Festival instruments as well.. we are long overdue. :(