Check out all of the details of this month's Patch Notes, featuring the 16th Anniversary and VIP Renewal Update! https://mabinogi.nexon.net/news/90098/16th-anniversary-and-vip-renewal-patch-notes-march-14th
[NEW MILLETIANS] Please note that all new forum users have to be approved before posting. This process can take up to 24 hours, and we appreciate your patience.
If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the Nexon Forums Code of Conduct. You have to register before you can post, so you can log in or create a forum name above to proceed. Thank you for your visit!

[UPDATE] Addition of Sales Tax When Purchasing NX

Comments

• PlatinaKokiPlatinaKoki
    Mabinogi Rep: 7,760
    edited October 6, 2019
    Habimaru wrote: »

Everything stated by the law is indeed clear cut.
    Please read this again:
    Virginia Taxation Law Gov Page
    B. The tax levied under this chapter shall be collectible from all persons that are marketplace facilitators that have sufficient contact with Virginia to require registration under subsection C.
    C. A marketplace facilitator shall be deemed to have sufficient activity within the Commonwealth to require registration under § 58.1-613 if it meets at least one requirement in each of subdivisions 1, 2, and 3:
    1c. Providing a virtual currency that purchasers are allowed or required to use to purchase products from the marketplace seller;

H. When a marketplace seller that is not otherwise required to register for the collection of the tax under any of the provisions contained in subdivisions C 1 through 9 of § 58.1-612 makes both direct sales and sales on a marketplace facilitator's marketplace, only the marketplace seller's direct sales shall be considered in determining whether the marketplace seller is required to register for the collection of the tax under subdivision C 10 or 11 of § 58.1-612.

Then there's also this line here:
    I. No class action shall be brought against a marketplace facilitator in any court of the Commonwealth on behalf of customers arising from or in any way related to an overpayment of sales and use tax collected on sales facilitated by the marketplace facilitator, regardless of whether such claim is characterized as a tax refund claim. Nothing in this subsection shall affect a customer's right to seek a refund on an individual basis.

So this means that if you're in VA, you can technically ask Nexon for a legal refund if your child is addicted to loot boxes, or something of that nature.
    Oh, and the virtual market of NX is taxed. Hooray...

As Nexon NA is based in California, yet provides a product known as video games to Virginia, it may legally collect tax in Virginia.
    (In accordance to the distribution and consumer purchase of the required or allowed virtual Cash Shop currency classified as NX.)

KK_HowItWorks_V2.jpg
    The culprit is the shipment of Karma Koin gift cards, aka the gift card copyrighted by Nexon for use in their games.

Then people won't buy the fixed value cards, cause the $50 card will no longer give $50.

Or, at least, that's how it sounds.
    You read that right, your lawyers are all BRITISH, working for the Vatican-Crown, because «Monarchy» never really went away, and they literally «own» your whole entire country like «property» (both Canada and the United States as well as Australia and other «crown» nations).

Dude, I'm expressing the amount of GLOBAL legislative attention the video game industry has gotten.
    You have LITERALLY no idea how corrupt some of these CEOs have been with abusing tax evasion.
    You went off on some sort of tangent of what I can only assume is paranoia towards the crown. (Read the bloody Constitution for once.)
    And second off, don't go bashing a place with a wonderful figurehead whom everyone adores.
    Are you really so dense as to the fact that there's an AMERICAN BAR ASSOCIATION?
    The bar must study international law in order to pertain to international crisis, it has nothing to do with your paranoia.
    Nexon has gotten attention from the press for the KR CEO's tax evasion, so following any governmental decision which requires them to pay up the owed tax (or be threatened with the possibility of shutting down, or the CEO going to jail) is well within any government's right to enforce legislative tax. It's called business, you can either stay and follow the rules of law, or leave.

Welcome the the Trade Wars, kiddo.
    No one has the rights to tell the government how to enforce a tax which is clearly stated within the state and federal law itself.
    Article I, Section 8 gives Congress the power to "lay and collect taxes, duties, imports, and excises." The Constitution allows Congress to tax in order to "provide for the common defense and general welfare."

Either go into your account and preview the amount of tax you owe your state, or simply quit buying NX.
    NX is not a forced option, while gachapons quite frankly are not either.
    (Buy things through the Auction House, and wait until things are cheaper if you don't want to gamble.)
    "provide for the common defense and general welfare"

Pretty sure a mock-up of the Great Wall of China doesn't contribute to either one of those.
  • Darkpixie99Darkpixie99
    Mabinogi Rep: 8,660
    edited October 6, 2019

Please read this again:
    B. The tax levied under this chapter shall be collectible from all persons that are marketplace facilitators that have sufficient contact with Virginia to require registration under subsection C.
    C. A marketplace facilitator shall be deemed to have sufficient activity within the Commonwealth to require registration under § 58.1-613 if it meets at least one requirement in each of subdivisions 1, 2, and 3:
    1c. Providing a virtual currency that purchasers are allowed or required to use to purchase products from the marketplace seller;

H. When a marketplace seller that is not otherwise required to register for the collection of the tax under any of the provisions contained in subdivisions C 1 through 9 of § 58.1-612 makes both direct sales and sales on a marketplace facilitator's marketplace, only the marketplace seller's direct sales shall be considered in determining whether the marketplace seller is required to register for the collection of the tax under subdivision C 10 or 11 of § 58.1-612.

I. No class action shall be brought against a marketplace facilitator in any court of the Commonwealth on behalf of customers arising from or in any way related to an overpayment of sales and use tax collected on sales facilitated by the marketplace facilitator, regardless of whether such claim is characterized as a tax refund claim. Nothing in this subsection shall affect a customer's right to seek a refund on an individual basis.

So this means that if you're in VA, you can technically ask Nexon for a legal refund if your child is addicted to loot boxes, or something of that nature.

As Nexon NA is based in California, yet provides a product known as video games to Virginia, it may legally collect tax in Virginia.
    (In accordance to the distribution and consumer purchase of the required or allowed virtual Cash Shop currency classified as NX.)

KK_HowItWorks_V2.jpg
    The culprit is the shipment of Karma Koin gift cards, aka the gift card copyrighted by Nexon for use in their games.

Then people won't buy the fixed value cards, cause the $50 card will no longer give $50.

You read that right, your lawyers are all BRITISH, working for the Vatican-Crown, because «Monarchy» never really went away, and they literally «own» your whole entire country like «property» (both Canada and the United States as well as Australia and other «crown» nations).

Dude, I'm expressing the amount of GLOBAL legislative attention the video game industry has gotten.
    You have LITERALLY no idea how corrupt some of these CEOs have been with abusing tax evasion.
    You went off on some sort of tangent of what I can only assume is paranoia towards the crown. (Read the bloody Constitution for once.)
    And second off, don't go bashing a place with a wonderful figurehead whom everyone adores.
    Are you really so dense as to the fact that there's an AMERICAN BAR ASSOCIATION?
    The bar must study international law in order to pertain to international crisis, it has nothing to do with your paranoia.
    Nexon has gotten attention from the press for the KR CEO's tax evasion, so following any governmental decision which requires them to pay up the owed tax (or be threatened with the possibility of shutting down, or the CEO going to jail) is well within any government's right to enforce legislative tax. It's called business, you can either stay and follow the rules of law, or leave.

No one has the rights to tell the government how to enforce a tax which is clearly stated within the state and federal law itself.
    Article I, Section 8 gives Congress the power to "lay and collect taxes, duties, imports, and excises." The Constitution allows Congress to tax in order to "provide for the common defense and general welfare."

Either go into your account and preview the amount of tax you owe your state, or simply quit buying NX.
    (Buy things through the Auction House, and wait until things are cheaper if you don't want to gamble.)

Pretty sure a mock-up of the Great Wall of China doesn't contribute to either one of those.

The legal definition Congress is going to be using for taxing companies like Nexon is "for the general welfare."
    In other words, fixing that California- err... "sewage" problem.
    It's already been explained that while Border Patrol has been having problems with canals and rivers, the "Great Wall of America" isn't happening any time soon.
    China had an empire and literal slaves to build their wall over time.
    America just needs more money and fairly paid human resources for border security.
    (Such as for preventing the thefts and crime happening to civilians who live near the border.)
    Also, concreting the terrain would endanger several habitats, resulting in an environmental feat in which would cost more than just the money to build a "Great Wall."

Also, it depends on who vends the Karma Koin, and who has the rights to tax the Giftcards.
  • HabimaruHabimaru
    Mabinogi Rep: 3,630
    a) I would actually APPLAUD CEOs of game-companies for fending off against those EXTORTIONIST tax-THREATS made by government-officials. GOOD for them for NOT caving in to THREATS of VIOLENCE. You definitely have it backwards if you think the CEOs of those gaming companies are corrupt and not the government-officials. I am sorry but, were there to be any kind of «abuse» coming from anybody, that would be from the «bully boys» in the governing systems who want to do the adult-world version of «give us your lunch money or we'll beat you up» with the CEOs of gaming companies being the ones who are getting threatened. MORE people need to be RESISTING against all of this EXTORTION (forced taxation under threat and duress of violence/punishment) and do it en-masse.

I ask : What kind of injury/suffering/harm/damage have these said CEOs caused to person/property/others ? None ? Yeah, thought so. None of those CEOs are doing anything to irk the ire of the Creator. Government-officials, how-ever, are certainly a different story...

b) Also, in LEGALESE, they are not «Tax Evading» but simply AVOIDING being Taxable. DIFFERENCE. Actually, your «tone» indicates to me that it's not really a productive use of time to try and correct you on your numerous errors (because some people are, for whatever reason, literally addicted to always being in argument, rather than being willing to make any effort to even attempt to understand or comprehend others), but, at the least, I will leave the corrections to erroneous beliefs/thinking for others who are reading and following this thread who are not so «dogmatic» with worshiping the religion called the state/government.

c) Re : Constitution - Perhaps you'd like to read something called the : Declaration of Independence
    «WHENEVER ANY FORM OF GOVERNMENT BECOMES DESTRUCTIVE OF THESE ENDS, IT IS THE RIGHT OF THE PEOPLE TO ALTER OR TO ABOLISH IT» What does this refer to ? Life, liberty, and the pursuit of happiness. The «threat» of «shutting down» a/any gaming company is most CERTAINLY «destructive» to said ends... also further suggested reading - Quotes from Founding Fathers.

d) Oh, the press, sure, like as-IF the «press» were some angelic «sainthood» of ethics and morality. The «press» is CORRUPT and has been this way pretty much since the very beginning in every single land and introduction of mass-media anywhere. I have absolutely no reason to go about lending any credibility to all of those corporate-controlled news-media-outlets who have been KNOWN to LIE to their audience (such as that classic example of where two CNN reporters were claiming to report from two different states [or countries or wherever] but were caught by members of their own audience who realised that both of those reporters were actually in the same parking lot).

Friend in the past once said to me one day : «They asked me if I'd be willing to let them interview me. I said : "No, because all you're going to do is twist around my words to say what you want, and not what actually happened according to what I witnessed, and you're just going to end up publishing you version of events anyway.» ...this is quite a common occurrence in the media-industry.

e) The so-called American BAR Association is still the American «BRITISH ACCREDITATION REGENCY» Association. Just because it is a «branch» operating in the United States does NOT change the fact that it is run by the British CROWN, and, after I organise and sort through all of my information/documents/references I shall later (or eventually) be posting PROOF that it is ALL run under the Vatican-Crown.

f) The Rules of Law - The only «valid» rules of «Law» come from Our Creator. Rather than quoting everything in detail I will just leave some links to the writings of the very returned «Messiah» himself as follows...
    http://www.the-testament-of-truth.co.uk/truth/web/thelaw1.htm
    http://www.the-testament-of-truth.co.uk/truth/web/thelaw2.htm
    http://www.the-testament-of-truth.co.uk/truth/web/thelaw3.htm
    The real «Law» as I've referenced before are NOT man-made «statutes» and, just because you mortals like to call something a law, does not make it so; just like calling it a «tax» does NOT change the fact that it is still an activity of EXTORTION. Like I have mentioned before, were it a «sane» society, then those who are in need of $$$/funds for some reason can/would simply ASK for donations for their projects, but, obviously, the world is NOT «sane» if even the very Creator himself had to declare his judgments and decrees upon humanity as being at minimum 98% of the entire world-population being «unworthy» of living in PEACE and having any FREEDOM.

g You should try questioning the «sanity» of the very people who wrote such documents, such as so-called Constitutions, especially when they have wording in it such as : «We, the people of this land, do hereby agree to and ordain this Constitution» ...despite the fact that only a few dozen people or perhaps a maximum of around a couple of hundred people even knew of the existence of said document, and somehow made the «assumption» that ALL of the other 400K+ population inhabitants who were already living on the continent somehow all came to such a unanimous decision; said document coming from a group of people whose vanity and arrogance was SO GREAT, that they believe, due to the ACT of sticking some pole into the dirt, just because it had some rag tied at the end (they seem to call these things «flags»), that they then «somehow» and suddenly became the owners of ALL of the WHOLE ENTIRE CONTINENT, and all of the people living on the land, and all of the fauna in the forest, and all of the fish in the seas, and all of the air that everyone breathes, and THIS is a «British-CROWN» SYSTEM «way» of doing things by the way.

h) Thanks for your «ad-hominem» of «paranoia» references (I'm pretty sure such «slurs» are a violation of the CoC). No, my disbelief and distrust of government has nothing to do wit paranoid, but, rather, because it has been both my observations and experiences in which I find that government is mostly run by and populated by the vain/arrogant/ignorant/incompetent/PARANOID/etc. Were there to be any World-Leader who somehow has my respect, that would be my GOOD FRIEND, the President of Russia, none other than the LEGENDARY Vladimir Putin, but there is still a lot of «corruption» remaining that even he acknowledges as being corruption in his country, rather than being naïve and acting as-IF though government were supposed to be some shining beacon and pillar of ethics/morality/goodness/decency/etc. «Russia once again becomes the hope of the world...» -Edgar Cayce

i) (Same or similar wording exists in every «State constitution» but I quote from South Dakota's as I am already familiar with its sections...) «South Dakota Constitution Article VI § 26. Power inherent in people--Alteration in form of government--Inseparable part of Union. All political power is inherent in the people, and all free government is founded on their authority, and is instituted for their equal protection and benefit, and they have the right in lawful and constituted methods to alter or reform their forms of government in such manner as they may think proper. And the state of South Dakota is an inseparable part of the American Union and the Constitution of the United States is the supreme law of the land.»

«South Dakota Constitution § 1. Inherent rights. All men are born equally free and independent, and have certain inherent rights, among which are those of enjoying and defending life and liberty, of acquiring and protecting property and the pursuit of happiness. To secure these rights governments are instituted among men, deriving their just powers from the consent of the governed

IOW: Government has NO RIGHTS WITHOUT ONE'S CONSENT (which people unknowingly get into through various forms of Adhesion-Contracts). Unfortunately, a lot of the information that has provided effective remedy for people is largely hidden/suppressed from the mainstream, after all, the people who profit from such an «industry» (of EXTORTION) just don't want the knowledge out that lets too many SLAVES of their Cash Cow get away, and there are various Harvard-Studies which DO reveal that, on average, so-called «judges» retire as multi-millionaires (because of all of those maritime/admiralty cases that come before them which nobody in the SLAVE class has any idea how to expose, but, apparently, some people actually LIKE being slaves, but I am definitely not one of those people).

I know I do not live in a «sane» society when there are actually people who seem to be «happy» about being EXTORTED for «half» the amount that the «judge» was ORIGINALLY going to extort them for, with such a : «Gee, isn't he such a NICE judge, for charging me only 350$US instead of the original 700$US» ...attitude that primarily mainstream-oriented people seem to have... were there an industry that IS full of corruption, that would be the Pharmaceutical-Industry, and not the Gaming Industry.

«Sometimes drug companies simply ignore the regulatory process and sell drugs "off-label," in other words for uses that have not been approved because the drug has not been shown to be safe, necessary and effective. A flagrant case came to light in 2010, when the US Justice Department fined AstraZeneca $520 million for the "off-label" marketing of its blockbuster anti-psychotic Seroquel. This drug was approved only for the short-term treatment of schizophrenia and acute bipolar disorder, but for five years AstraZeneca had been aggressively marketing the drug as a long-term cure-all, promoting its use in old people's homes, veterans' hospitals and prisons, as well as for the treatment of agitation and aggression in children, even though clinical studies had shown "serious and debilitating side effects," particularly among the elderly and in children. The same company was fined $355 million in 2003 for the fraudulent selling of Zoladex, a prostate cancer treatment. Although these fines were among the largest imposed by the US Justice Department on pharmaceutical companies, critics point out that the fines were less than 20 percent of the revenues from off-label marketing. By settling out of court the companies avoided criminal convictions, no one went to jail, and the fines were treated as a cost of doing business.
    Obviously it is in the interests of pharmaceutical companies to sell as many expensive drugs as possible, even though the interests of patients and those who pay for their healthcare are different. This conflict of interest needs to be mediated by governments, independent regulatory agencies, and independent researchers. Unfortunately, the lobbying of governments, financial control of regulatory agencies and the funding of medical researchers by the industry means that pharmaceutical corporations have a huge influence on the entire medical system, and reinforce its reliance on drugs.» -Science Set Free, Dr. Rupert Sheldrake, pages 269-70 (ISBN : 978-0-7704-3672-8).

Who benefits from threatening or shutting down game-companies ? I think that pharmaceutical-companies know that video-games can be an effective non-drug treatment/therapy for some people with certain kinds of issues and so their «lobbying» probably influences it.

I also owe no taxes to any state and have not paid any taxes for a rather long time and I am certainly not going to start paying any either. IF I decide to purchase NX/Karma from Nexon by whatever means, and I have no option to purchase it in a tax-free manner, then that «tax-collection» is on the company and not I, and is simply to me a «price» that is being «over-charged» (by the amount of added tax) on behalf of
    the thieves that they're forced to cave into and fear, and whatever «Karma» is incurred becomes their responsibility to deal with, not mine, for I make a concerted effort to heed the Creator in not being complicit to funding the coffers of war-mongers.

And whilst I'm on a typing spree here I may as well repeat something that everybody on earth needs to know...:
    Any time a «bond» is created from a court-case, whether it is called a jail-bond, release-bond, prison-bond, etc., what is being created is known in the Legalese-system as an Instrument-of-Exchange, and is no different than the Stocks, Bonds, Money Market CDs, IRAs, Time-Shares, Mutual-Funds, 401Ks, Promissory Notes, and other forms of IOUs that get traded and sold on the Wall-Street Stock-Market (and Dunn & Brad-Street, and Standard & Poor's, etc)., with the NAME on each bond being representative of a PERSON. What this essentially amounts to, according to the Legalese-system, is essentially an industry of HUMAN-TRAFFICKING as a HUMAN SLAVE-TRADE. Why in the world would I want to fund that...? The world is certainly in a very sticky situation, and has been for a long time, but more and more people will largely have to wake up eventually when they stop living in mom's basement and have to actually be able to provide for their own food/shelter/etc.

Additional Recommended Reading : The Myth of the Robber Barons: A New Look at the Rise of Big Business in America
    (Brief synopsis : This book references a history of how honest businesses were often historically attacked by dishonest politicians, and, because of the large influence that political-campaigns have over media-outlets, numerous «repeat a big enough lie enough to the public and eventually everybody will just being to accept it as self-evident truth» narratives were used and promoted, eventually painting the parasitical-and-produces-nothing-politician as-if though he were some sort of hero protecting the public from the unscrupulous «greedy» productive businessman, when in fact, reality is/was and still is quite the opposite... I will just take Nexon as an example since we are on their forum-platforms, but Nexon actually produces something that many of us are able to enjoy [for FREE], whereas the «taxing» agencies are unproductive non-producers who have not improved the net-quality of life for the people... anyway... read... book... or at least all of the reviews and comments to each review to get an idea of the more «scholarly» understanding/comprehension of the business-world... just about everyone who is a part of the main-stream-society certainly needs the wake-up call to see their own indoctrination)

• HabimaruHabimaru
    Quick follow-up : Let me first state that I mean no harm and have no intention to offend. This is my necessary «opening statement» with this follow-up post due to the «cognitive-dissonance» that some people experience when I provide references to information that may go contrary to what one has been «taught in school» or has «heard all their life» and assume to be true... even when it is not. I simply wish to educate.

Anyway, without further ado, I will keep this follow-up post short and quote what is relevant...

Here is the opening sentence... «It having pleased the Divine Providence to dispose the hearts of the most serene and most potent Prince George the Third, by the grace of God, king of Great Britain, France, and Ireland, defender of the faith, duke of Brunswick and Lunebourg, arch-treasurer and prince elector of the Holy Roman Empire etc., and of the United States of America, to forget all past misunderstandings and differences that have unhappily interrupted the good correspondence...»
    This was signed by the Authorized Representatives, and is still valid today.

I am fully aware that the public is not taught the truth about any of these things in school but this from a document known as the Treaty of Peace... please try reading it (I know, I know, time-permitting, but there's an «AFK» event going on now, so there's no reason why anybody cannot find time). The «tone» of the Treaty document is clear that you «Americans» are simply being «given PERMISSION» from the «Royal Family» to do what the Creator already grants you the RIGHT to do and partake in anyway.

Some people have apparently had success in keeping (potentially corrupt) government-officials at bay by serving them with certified documents along with copies for Her Majesty that they accept the Queen's Oath of Coronation which holds the KJV «bible» above ALL of the «man-made» «latter-day» legislations and essentially removes the «jurisdiction» of government-officials over having any authority to tax/detain/arrest/etc., those who know how to exercise such a so-called sovereign-right/remedy. Although I have not personally seen it yet, I have heard that there are judges and other public-officials who got «really spooked» upon receiving such documents, and even I have seen for myself how absolutely TERRIFIED the court-officials get when I ask them things like whether the flag in the front of the room is one of maritime/admiralty. Anyway... I already posted some of the «educational» materials/references that I need to for the day.

Good gaming and to the French-speaking population : Bon jeu !
  • PlatinaKokiPlatinaKoki
    Mabinogi Rep: 7,760
    edited October 7, 2019

Please read this again:

KK_HowItWorks_V2.jpg

The legal definition Congress is going to be using for taxing companies like Nexon is "for the general welfare."
    In other words, fixing that California- err... "sewage" problem.
    It's already been explained that while Border Patrol has been having problems with canals and rivers, the "Great Wall of America" isn't happening any time soon.
    China had an empire and literal slaves to build their wall over time.
    America just needs more money and fairly paid human resources for border security.
    (Such as for preventing the thefts and crime happening to civilians who live near the border.)
    Also, concreting the terrain would endanger several habitats, resulting in an environmental feat in which would cost more than just the money to build a "Great Wall."

Also, it depends on who vends the Karma Koin, and who has the rights to tax the Giftcards.

Not sure if your last bit has to do with my comment on the whole "$50 Karma Coin would no longer give $50 worth", but regardless of who vends and who taxes, any such "tax" should be paid when the card is bought, not when its redeemed. That way, people can pay the tax with their own money, instead of having the tax in the form of a reduction of NX. So, example would be to pay $2 tax out of pocket instead of getting 48k NX from a card that used to give 50k.

Just an example.
  • HabimaruHabimaru
    edited October 8, 2019
    One more brief thing I am going to ADD : A second «Constitution» was introduced so that the corporate-governments POSING as your «legit» authority/rulers could «illegitimately» collect taxes as the 16th Amendment was never truly nor properly ratified. I dislike quoting from web-site sources if they are not directly from government's own or accredited educational-institutions, but, that does not change the fact that a «truth/fact» spoken/written is still the truth, regardless of who-ever said or wrote it (P.S.: I double-checked what I hyper-linked in order to make sure that it just presents legitimate sourced information and is not of the seemingly «crazy tin-foil hat conspiracy theory» presentations with all of that yelling & jumping up & down full of meme-images that are of the «shove it in your face» tone or nature; everyone grows up with «indoctrination» in one form or another, and, just like the «Law» system IF it is being run legitimately treats cases of «brain-washed» people as «not guilty» of acts that they may have committed or words that they may have said [like in the recent animé : Kanata no Astra], I believe that it is also important for me to lend the same decency, dignity, and respect to those whom many of the «still with sin within» may refer to in pejorative or condescending manners, such as references to the combined word of sheep and people).

Regardless, Truth/Fact is still Truth/Fact even if spoken by a Politician (rare as that may be to ever happen), even if Hitler said it, and Stalin is known to have said about the «voting» process : «It doesn't matter who they vote for because every vote is a vote for us

Also, any of you who might think that the «U.S. Constitution» is given any «legitimacy» in the U.S./State court-rooms, just TRY to use «my Constitutional right(s)» as a Defense if you are not sufficiently well-versed in knowing the real «meanings» of the «Legalese» wordings that they use in those court-rooms. I can pretty much GUARANTEE that the «judge» will SWIFTLY warn you that you SHALL be «held in contempt of court» for even uttering the word «Constitution» such as in the manner of : «If you utter that word even one more time in my court-room I shall hold you in contempt of court.» (Notice how the judge says that it is HIS court-room and NOT yours nor that of the People; so much for «We the People»)...

Contrary to what is taught in schools, the U.S. is not a land of «innocent until proven guilty» BUT, it is automatically assumed that you are «guilty» from merely being accused of a so-called «crime» even if you did not actually commit any so-called crimes, and the Prison-Population exceeds both the quantity and percentage of what happened in the former Soviet Union at its «peak» of communism. This can be «statistically» verified where the U.S. prison-population consists of over 25% of the world's «jail-birds» population despite having less than 4% of the entire world's total population. Additionally, the U.S. «nation» is several TRILLIONS of $$$ in debt (to whom...? Whilst I do not agree with everything written in this hyper-link I will leave it here anyway as it still mentions some good points). A «debtor» is most certainly not «free» and has NO «freedom» as their car, house, children, etc., can essentially be taken/confiscated from them through the «legalese» system/process in order to «satisfy» the «debt-obligations» to the «creditor» (the fact that Congress «borrows» from the «Federal Reserve» should tell you that you are all literally owned and enslaved as «debtors» to whomever owns the Federal Reserve, and, although there is no information confirmed as to whom these men/investors/stock-holders are, ten people are PRIVATE-owners of the Fed).

When you hear the term/euphemism of «collateral damage» ... that is because, according to what has gone on in the Legalese-systems, all U.S. Citizens were literally converted into «collateral» to pay off the national-debt, like I mentioned before, due to the Trading with the Enemy Act of 1933, which converted every U.S. Citizen (so-called American) into «collateral» and simultaneously converted each U.S. Citizen into an enemy of the United States. You cannot just read one singular document when dealing with Legalese or the court-systems and expect it to be the be-all and end-all, because there are in fact, usually other documents (typically non-disclosed to the public), that essentially «over-ride» EVEN THE CONSTITUTION ITSELF. Let that sink in. I am aware that I have already mentioned more-than-enough to be not so easily digestible in any quick manner so I shall stop here for now.

"When exposing a crime is treated as committing a crime, you are being ruled by criminals." ~John Whitehead
  • KensamaofmariKensamaofmari
    Mabinogi Rep: 34,745
    If you don't like to use random sources from the web, why not look for the government sources? I'm sure they're available with enough searching.
    Darkpixie99
  • DraechDraech
    Mabinogi Rep: 4,390
    Not sure if your last bit has to do with my comment on the whole "$50 Karma Coin would no longer give $50 worth", but regardless of who vends and who taxes, any such "tax" should be paid when the card is bought, not when its redeemed. That way, people can pay the tax with their own money, instead of having the tax in the form of a reduction of NX. So, example would be to pay $2 tax out of pocket instead of getting 48k NX from a card that used to give 50k.

Just an example.

While I get how this could be practical, in terms of Quebec law (because I'm not familiar with other areas' laws and practices), the Karma Coin counts as a Gift Card, which is not taxable. The tax is only applied at the time of purchase of an item, most likely because the taxing amount may have varied between the time you bought the card and the time you spend the money from it. NX in itself is the taxable good, since you can buy NX directly with money (has a net dollar-to-NX value), and it's also likely why the Karma Koin card is sold in dollar value rather than NX value.
    Draech wrote: »

Just an example.

While I get how this could be practical, in terms of Quebec law (because I'm not familiar with other areas' laws and practices), the Karma Coin counts as a Gift Card, which is not taxable. The tax is only applied at the time of purchase of an item, most likely because the taxing amount may have varied between the time you bought the card and the time you spend the money from it. NX in itself is the taxable good, since you can buy NX directly with money (has a net dollar-to-NX value), and it's also likely why the Karma Koin card is sold in dollar value rather than NX value.

Well sales tax laws will vary from place to place and are often wacky. If the tax doesn't apply after purchase, then I would think the value would not be deducted.

---

On a separate note on sales taxes and digital goods

This past weekend in Japan, their sales tax rose from 8% to 10% for various goods, but there is some wackiness where the tax applies for some goods. For example, a bottle of water bought at a convenience store is taxed at 10% if you open and consume it in the store, but if you step outside to open and consume it, it will be taxed at the old 8%. Now, that's wacky and how it will be enforced will be weird.

On digital goods, the partial trade agreement the US and Japan signed a week ago is said to lift tariffs on cross-country digital goods, but that probably won't affect any of this.
    Darkpixie99
  • Darkpixie99Darkpixie99
    edited October 8, 2019
    If you don't like to use random sources from the web, why not look for the government sources? I'm sure they're available with enough searching.

Always check the .gov sites, or utilize sites that link towards official gov pages. (As I have been doing.)

And oof, poor Japan. How do you even calculate that sort of in store/out of store consumption consumerism behavior in the first place?
    Though this is Japan, so I'd presume everyone consumes at home rather than in a general store.
  • HabimaruHabimaru
    They're not all necessarily random, and, even if the source-information is available from a .gov site, anything that is successfully used to provide remedy for people in the court-room systems is usually swiftly removed from public access. This happened with a Supreme Court Case-Ruling on one particular government web-site that people were using to successfully beat all of those traffic-ticket citations that many people keep getting (they removed it of course since it was cutting too much into the states' «revenue-generating» SCAM upon people who have not yet been «screwed over» by the corporate United States court-systems). The U.S. seems to have become what I can only describe as being a «police state» where the cops are always demanding «papers» from everyone, thinking that Driver's Licenses are needed/required to use the roads even in a private/non-commercial capacity, even though there are numerous Supreme Court rulings which indicate otherwise. Cops don't know that much about the law even though they are largely indoctrinated/brain-washed to believe otherwise; All I need in order to prove this is witness-testimony of interactions with cops where they were forced into the court-systems in the form of an Affidavit of what happened which I can then draft up a case-document exposing all of the rights violations, sue the cop(s) and perhaps even their police-department, and I can most certainly guarantee that said cop will suddenly have a HUGE list of «felonies» appearing on his criminal-record history, possibly even TREASON if there was any kind of «unreasonable» actions taking in violation of the 4th Amendment Constitutionally Protected Right against unreasonable Searches & Seizures.

Even though they (government-sourced references) may exist somewhere, most of the «primarily used» search-engines either may not index them or the results might be several dozens upon dozens or even hundreds of pages down, and, although there is also the option of the deep-web (please do not mistake this for dark-web), even «archived» versions of the government web-sites might still take some time to wade through. Also, certain things are simply not recorded, such as a «speeding ticket» that I once got from STATE OF CALIFORNIA, that somehow «disappeared» from the records as even existing after I had submitted an Affidavit of Rescission of Signature due to Fraud committed to get me into their Adhesion-Contract. I have seen «arguments» come from people who insist that «Traffic Tickets/Citations» are somehow always «legitimate» and that there are no cases of people «winning» in so-called «Traffic Courts» ...well, like, d'uh, because the people who know how to so-called «win» (like myself), typically end up having our «cases» pretty much get «thrown out» (or quashed/removed/deleted/suppressed/etc) so of COURSE you're not going to «see» any kinds of «records» that could potentially have «set a precedent» that may possibly «interfere» with the «Cash-COW» for the State-Officials who CONTROL such «information» flow... I suspect that the same or similar is the case for defeating «Tax» presumptions (and if they cannot get rid of the «record/information» that might expose their tax-fraud cash-COW then they might take the «character-assassination» route in order to slander and paint the ones who are succeeding in defending against tax-advances such as by calling them «tax-evaders» in the media-outlets).

And just for good measure... I will quote/transcribe from a document/letter from an Arizona senator regarding an example of some of what I am referring to and talking about when it comes to cops not knowing the «law» (which is CONTRACT-based in the current systems), and, how, without those CONTRACTS, the «Jurisdiction» of the «State» to «Regulate» such people is essentially removed, but this is not Legal-Advice, nor should it be construed or mis-construed as Legal-Advice, for I do not offer Legal-Advice, but is simply provided here strictly for informational, educational, and so-called «entertainment» purposes, only, obviously according to Legalese-Definitions, and not necessarily Common-Parlance use:

[Side of 2nd Page as it is a notarized copy from 2004]
    «I, Wayne Howard Stump, do Solemnly state that this is an exact copy of a letter that I wrote on Dec. 10, 1985 while serving in the State Senate of Arizona.»

[1st Page (not exact formatting as I cannot centre text nor alter text-sizes on a forum-post)]
    ARIZONA
    Department of State

APOSTILLE
    ( Convention de La Haye du octobre 1961 )

1. Country: United States of America
    This public document
    2. has been signed by STEPHEN J. GREEN
    3. acting in the capacity of Notary Public
    4. bears the seal/stamp of STEPHEN J. GREEN - Notary Public

CERTIFIED

5. at Phoenix, Arizona
    6. on Tuesday, February 17, 2004
    7. by the Secretary of State, State of Arizona
    8. No. 105966
    9. Seal / Stamp
    10. Signature

Janice K. Brewer
    Secretary of State

[2nd Page Contents]
    «WAYNE STUMP
    STATE SENATOR
    THIRTY-SEVENTH LEGISLATURE DISTRICT 16

STATE CAPITOL ・ SENATE WING
    PHOENIX ARIZONA 65007
    PHONE: (602) 255-5261

COMMITTEES:
    EDUCATION, VICE CHAIRMAN GOVERNMENT HEALTH & WELFARE

Arizona State Senate
    Phoenix, Arizona

December 10, 1985

Ralph Milstead
    Director
    Department of Public Safety
    State of Arizona
    2310 North 20th Avenue
    P.O. Box 6638
    Phoenix, Arizona 85005

Dear Director Milstead:

It has come to my attention that numerous individuals in our state have rescinded all of their contracts with the United States federal government, the State of Arizona, and each of its political subdivisions, establishing themselves as freemen under the organic national Constitution of the Republic of the United States of America. Consequently, they may be driving without auto registration, driver's license, or any other evidence of contract.

Because many law enforcement personnel may be unaware of the contractual nature of auto registration and driver's licenses, it is conceivable that this situation lead to confrontation between these individuals and law enforcement personnel.

I urge you to inform yourself and your personnel about this matter as soon as possible. If you would like to be briefed by someone knowledgeable on this subject, please contact me.

In the meantime, inasmuch as this procedure is entirely appropriate when properly carried out, I would like to be personally notified of every such instance of confrontation in order that the persons involved and the public officials involved may be apprised of the correct procedure and the appropriateness of their actions on the part of each concerned.

My office phone is 255-5261 and I am requesting to be notified of the names and incidents along with addresses and phone numbers of participants of any such confrontations arising from the exercising of a person's freeman status in order to evaluate the outcome of properly rescinded contracts.

Sincerely,

Wayne Stump
    State Senator

WS:pg»

Also see the New Hampshire House Bill 1778-FN-A-LOCAL as the «UCC» applies to every «STATE OF» in the United States... amongst the beginning where it is worded under the Analysis heading...:
    «This bill restates the "right to travel" and requires the department of safety to provide at no cost to all noncommercial automobile and noncommercial conveyance owners a decal and identification card that states the holder is exempt from registering his or her private conveyance under the Uniform Commercial Code exemption for consumer goods and household goods.

This bill also repeals requirements for certain drivers to aquire noncommercial drivers' licenses.»

License = Contract = Jurisdiction
    Kensamaofmari

Always check the .gov sites, or utilize sites that link towards official gov pages. (As I have been doing.)

And oof, poor Japan. How do you even calculate that sort of in store/out of store consumption consumerism behavior in the first place?
    Though this is Japan, so I'd presume everyone consumes at home rather than in a general store.

In Japanese convenience stores, there are areas where people can sit and eat like a cafeteria. People consume there out of "convenience."
    AlshianDarkpixie99WolfsingerSherri
  • CrimsọnCrimsọn
    Mabinogi Rep: 65,165
    edited October 12, 2019
    So, you guys are going to find this interesting and probably disturbing. I tested the payment system yesterday and put in a different zip code than my location. The transaction went through, it was not declined by their system or my bank. I was expecting it to, but it just went through. I didn't even use a vpn.

What do?
  • SherriSherri
    Mabinogi Rep: 18,615
    edited October 12, 2019
    Crims wrote: »
    So, you guys are going to find this interesting and probably disturbing. I tested the payment system yesterday and put in a different zip code than my location. The transaction went through, it was not declined by their system or my bank. I was expecting it to, but it just went through. I didn't even use a vpn.

What do?

*police sirens in the distance*

That's.. pretty scary. xD I've got no clue.
  • CrimsọnCrimsọn
    edited October 12, 2019
    Sherri wrote: »

What do?

Is this zip thing even tied to anything? Or does it just ask for your zip and does nothing with it? Because of this I'm not buying anymore Nx from this site until I know what the hell is actually going on. This just makes me feel like my information is not safe with them with this mock zip code function.

What was even the point? I mean yeah there is a system in place to calculate tax based on the zip code provided. But it just seems like it's just an index response based on the zip code provided and it adds that to your total purchase amount. It doesn't check anything with authorization systems, it doesn't enforce anything.

Perturbed banker here.
  • Darkpixie99Darkpixie99

What do?

Is this zip thing even tied to anything? Or does it just ask for your zip and does nothing with it? Because of this I'm not buying anymore Nx from this site until I know what the hell is actually going on. This just makes me feel like my information is not safe with them with this mock zip code function.

What was even the point? I mean yeah there is a system in place to calculate tax based on the zip code provided. But it just seems like it's just an index response based on the zip code provided and it adds that to your total purchase amount. It doesn't check anything with authorization systems, it doesn't enforce anything.

Perturbed banker here.

It's not like they have the rights to enforce IP restrictions anyways, so eh.
    Nexon tried, that's all they need to legally say.
    CrimsọnWolfsinger

What do?

Perturbed banker here.

Next thing you know, IRS sends you a mail xD (you being ambiguous pronoun)
    Darkpixie99Wolfsinger
  • CrimsọnCrimsọn
    edited October 12, 2019

What do?

Perturbed banker here.

I mean they IP restrict access to games...
    Darkpixie99Wolfsinger
  • Darkpixie99Darkpixie99

What do?

Perturbed banker here.

Given loot box legislation, the whole IP identification to calculate tax and account regulations should be more plausible for Nexon KR to begin to code.
    Especially since Belgium players are still buying gachapons through certain means... but then again, this is Nexon. They won't try that hard.
    Sherri

What do?

Perturbed banker here.

Given loot box legislation, the whole IP identification to calculate tax and account regulations should be more plausible for Nexon KR to begin to code.
    Especially since Belgium players are still buying gachapons through certain means... but then again, this is Nexon. They won't try that hard.

Well as long has overall profits aren't free falling.
    Darkpixie99Crimsọn