Check out all of the details of this month's Patch Notes, featuring the 16th Anniversary and VIP Renewal Update! https://mabinogi.nexon.net/news/90098/16th-anniversary-and-vip-renewal-patch-notes-march-14th
[NEW MILLETIANS] Please note that all new forum users have to be approved before posting. This process can take up to 24 hours, and we appreciate your patience.
If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the Nexon Forums Code of Conduct. You have to register before you can post, so you can log in or create a forum name above to proceed. Thank you for your visit!

The Drum Set

HelsaHelsa
Mabinogi Rep: 23,380
in General Chat
Anyone have one yet? How does it work. Are different notes different drums? In the vid I can hear kick snare and hat, anything else? Are D-sharp/E-flat in octave two special at all?

Comments

• SherriSherri
    Mabinogi Rep: 18,615
    My friend got one and we both are stuggling to figure this thing out lol
  • ShadowamiShadowami
    Mabinogi Rep: 1,720
    edited September 20, 2019
    I will let you know once I acquire one and tinker with it myself. Shouldn't take long after.
  • Hoshilove12345Hoshilove12345
    Mabinogi Rep: 1,210
    edited September 21, 2019
    the drums work totally different from any other item in mabinogi; the octaves don't control the pitch but instead they control which part of the drums u will be "hitting."

The drums have a limited range of mid o2 to mid o4, without the sharp notes. At the lower octaves you are "hitting" the drums and the bass drums; and at the higher octaves you are hitting the rims and the plates.

A good way to experiment with the sound range of the drums is to go into composing mode select the drums as a sound option and test what each key does by clicking on it on the piano on top.

Whatever you do don't rely on the ready made mmls on the internet; they will work but that method of mml will eat up ur notes limit..... since they use a weird 4-6 letters "percX??" keyword to use the percussion sounds while mabi was programmed to do in 2 letters instead. good luck composing.
    pawcalypse
  • ShadowamiShadowami
    Mabinogi Rep: 1,720
    Highly recommend only using octave 2 and 3, for they have the most usage of the notes presented that it can play. The only notes that can be played on drums are a, g, f, and b. All other notes even in those octaves are silent, and produce no sound. You can utilize the < and the > to change octave in between for higher or slightly lower pitch drum sounds without base, but only one note will work each. Only took me 15 minutes from my post to figure all this out, but forgot to post on here. Yeah 3mle does not work with pre-testing of the drums. You'd have to go in the game itself to see how the notes sound.
    pawcalypse
  • Darkpixie99Darkpixie99
    Mabinogi Rep: 8,660
    If someone has a Nexon KR account, they could probably browse those forums for any tips or UGC compositions.
  • HelsaHelsa
    A good way to experiment with the sound range of the drums is to go into composing mode select the drums as a sound option and test what each key does by clicking on it on the piano on top.
    Dayum, I never thought of that; smart cookie!
    Shadowami wrote: »
    The only notes that can be played on drums are a, g, f, and b.
    Four voices? So, snare, kick, cymbal/hat, and tom?

No cowbell? NO COWBELL! N-O · C-O-W-B-E-L-L!!!!!! That's okay you can fake it with Roncadora. XD
    If someone has a Nexon KR account, they could probably browse those forums for any tips or UGC compositions.
    I suppose they could but trust the folks here. We got a lot of smart people here; we'll figure it out.
  • HelsaHelsa
    So I went into the in-game composing aid, as suggested by @Hoshilove12345. Select drum then paste this:
    t240o0
    c-cc+d-dd+e-ee+f-ff+g-gg+a-aa+b-bb+>

into the melody field and you'll hear every sound in the file. Many notes (especially at first) have no sound mapped to them) so when you start it, it will take a moment before you hear anything; and, yes, no cowbell dagnabbit! There is cymbal bell though, but snare with rasping chains engaged seems . . . weak.
  • SherriSherri
    Mabinogi Rep: 18,615
    We should beg Nexon to put a Cowbell in the game.. and trumpets.. and a vibraphone..
    Darkpixie99
  • Darkpixie99Darkpixie99
    Mabinogi Rep: 8,660
    How do you even have it already? Does it drop from the red bag too?
  • IyasenuIyasenu
    Mabinogi Rep: 24,265

Not the red bag, but it can drop from the Enchanted Box from the daily quest.

Isn't it available for purchase in the commerce shop for 5m Ducats?
  • VeylaineVeylaine
    Mabinogi Rep: 4,050
    Iyasenu wrote: »

Not the red bag, but it can drop from the Enchanted Box from the daily quest.

Isn't it available for purchase in the commerce shop for 5m Ducats?

Yes just like the harp and piano
    IyasenuSherriWolfsingerDarkpixie99
  • nibblesthecatnibblesthecat
    Mabinogi Rep: 1,685
    There’s an updated 3ml with drums and a post about how to use them on mabibeats.
    https://musicalnexus.net/
    Darkpixie99
  • HelsaHelsa
    Kew, a cataloge of the sounds here it is reproduced:
    Octave 2
    F : Bass Drum
    G : Tom (Low)
    A : Snare Drum (Normal)
    B : Snare Drum (Rim Shot)

Octave 3
    C : Stick Tap
    D : Snare Drum (Ghost)
    E : Tom (Middle)
    F : Tom (High)
    G : Hi Hat (Open)
    A : Hi Hat (Closed)
    B : Hi Hat (Foot)

Octave 4
    C : Crash Cymbal (Normal)
    D : Crash Cymbal (Choked)
    E : Ride Cymbal (Normal)
    F : Ride Cymbal (Cup?)
    Darkpixie99
  • HelsaHelsa
    If you claim your drum set right away you don't get any more Enchanted Boxes; don't make the mistake I did. D=X
  • KensamaofmariKensamaofmari
    Mabinogi Rep: 34,745
    Helsa wrote: »
    If you claim your drum set right away you don't get any more Enchanted Boxes; don't make the mistake I did. D=X

Hmm.
  • WolfsingerWolfsinger
    Mabinogi Rep: 5,875

Well I got basically everything I wanted from this anyway - the box gave me the piano I'd been hoping for, so....
    Be a shame, but, least I got lucky in that regard.
  • HelsaHelsa
    edited October 9, 2019
    Wolfsinger wrote: »

Well I got basically everything I wanted from this anyway - the box gave me the piano I'd been hoping for, so....

Nice. I have two pianos, both being carried by one Himalayan Cat, because of course it can. Both gifts; you just need to show a little ankle.
    Wolfsinger
  • KensamaofmariKensamaofmari
    Mabinogi Rep: 34,745

Nice. I have two pianos, both being carried by one Himalayan Cat, because of course it can. Both gifts; you just need to show a little ankle.

I think people just cash in on the prize immediately because they're sick of the popcorn already.
    Wolfsinger
  • TNinjaTNinja
    Mabinogi Rep: 9,265

I think people just cash in on the prize immediately because they're sick of the popcorn already.

I'm now "plus sized" beauty
    Kensamaofmari
  • WolfsingerWolfsinger
    Mabinogi Rep: 5,875
    edited October 10, 2019
    TNinja wrote: »

I'm now "plus sized" beauty

Now to drink an icy diet potion and look like the exact opposite for a while just to even the balance XD