Check out all of the details of this month's Patch Notes, featuring the 16th Anniversary and VIP Renewal Update! https://mabinogi.nexon.net/news/90098/16th-anniversary-and-vip-renewal-patch-notes-march-14th
[NEW MILLETIANS] Please note that all new forum users have to be approved before posting. This process can take up to 24 hours, and we appreciate your patience.
If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the Nexon Forums Code of Conduct. You have to register before you can post, so you can log in or create a forum name above to proceed. Thank you for your visit!

Unpopular Opinion

OwntrolfOwntrolf
Mabinogi Rep: 2,000
in General Chat
BFO should also give %MA
  1. Should BFO give %MA24 votes
    1. Yes
       46% (11 votes)
    2. No
       54% (13 votes)

Comments

• DragoolfireDragoolfire
    Mabinogi Rep: 3,590
    Nah, MA should go to Vivace imo
  • FluoretteFluorette
    Mabinogi Rep: 4,840
    BoyFriend Online?
    CrimsọnpawcalypseJJRadiant DawnKensamaofmariAlshianJulieyeaaSherriWolfsinger
  • GretaGreta
    Mabinogi Rep: 51,805
    The heck is %MA?
    Crimsọnpawcalypse
  • SherriSherri
    Mabinogi Rep: 18,615
    BFO? %MA?

Can you PLEASE translate to English?
    xSho76GretapawcalypseWolfsinger
  • DragoolfireDragoolfire
    Mabinogi Rep: 3,590
    Personally I took "BFO" to mean Battlefield Overture and "MA" to mean Magic Attack like real players do... But obviously some people on these forums think I am stupid, so whatever?
    KensamaofmaripawcalypseBlissfulkill
  • GretaGreta
    Personally I took "BFO" to mean Battlefield Overture and "MA" to mean Magic Attack like real players do... But obviously some people on these forums think I am stupid, so whatever?

I see people saying BfO or just full name, but i definitely never saw people say %MA, because it's just MA or again, full name.
  • MabiIn2k19MabiIn2k19
    Mabinogi Rep: 1,390
    No one in these forums plays the game do they? I guess you don't need to know what bfo means if you grind shadow wiz all day
  • GretaGreta
    MabiIn2k19 wrote: »
    No one in these forums plays the game do they? I guess you don't need to know what bfo means if you grind shadow wiz all day

No i just dislike people who shortens every term in one sentence.
    DanievictriaSherriWolfsinger
  • JJJJ
    Mabinogi Rep: 5,400
    I think it'd be awesome if they also implemented the %Martial Arts tournament into BoyFriend Online.
    GretaSherri
  • BobbioBobbio
    Mabinogi Rep: 750
    edited October 7, 2019
    dislikes people who use abbreviations but uses BFO Pepega Clap, he's talking about magic attack which makes sense cause bfo effects attack, so what else could M stand for other than magic, music attack? lol though i'm pretty sure bfo effects magic already, it's not as effective as vivace if you're primarily using magic since charge speed is much better, but bfo does increase magic damage although not as much as it increases max/min attack damage.
  • Gaby5011Gaby5011
    Mabinogi Rep: 5,965
    Greta wrote: »

No i just dislike people who shortens every term in one sentence.

I used to work in aviation. We shortened EVERYTHING!! It was awesone cause normies didn't understand most of it haha
    courtneyyKingEphySherri
  • AlshianAlshian
    Mabinogi Rep: 7,065
    Battlefield overture don't need to buff magic as well, but Vivace sure.

Vivace was not used much, heck I had not seen it used like at all. As soon as New better Spirit weapons come to Mabi NA most of us would already have some moderately high erg level stave for that yummy casting speed for Int magic. Which leave Vivace scarcely forgotten as I already had forgot its a skill till someone in this Post brought it up.

So I believe it should be Vivace to get that percent damage bonus instead of Battlefield Overture.

Although I do like to see Boyfriend Online and see the reaction of a friend of mine > 3>
  • OwntrolfOwntrolf
    Mabinogi Rep: 2,000
    Vivace is for speed
    BFO is for damage

BFO sort of boosts magic but the effect is super minimal since it only affects bolts/int magic.

Adv magic has no scaling from damage enchants/BFO
    Adv magic has little/no benefit from Vivace

Raids primarily use BFO because physical damage dominates the game since vivace does little to nothing for physical damage skillsets.

Example Calculation
    Damage with Weapon: 400-600
    Magic Attack: 600
    Skill to Use: Firebolt
    SpellCoeff: 0.35-0.5
    DamageCoeff: 0.2-0.4
    Overture: 40%
    EnchantedDamg(From Overture): 160-240
    Firebolt Base Damage(Dan3): 66-126
    Damage from MA: 210-300
    Damage from EnchDamg: 32-96

Base+MA = 276-426
    Base+MA+Ench = 308-522

Damage Difference with BFO
    Min Diff = 308/276 = 1.116
    Max Diff = 522/426 = 1.225

But then again Firebolt is the best damage scaling magic so every other magic will have worse scaling than this and its also dependent on your damage for wacking with your staff/wand which is STR
    Sherri
  • GretaGreta
    He's speaking the language of Gods... :o
  • OrkaneOrkane
    Mabinogi Rep: 2,365
    Magic and alchemy should just use the same system that everything else does.
  • SaiSai
    Mabinogi Rep: 8,785
    It took me 2 seconds to decipher this form of writing. Should I be worried?
  • KensamaofmariKensamaofmari
    Mabinogi Rep: 34,745
    Sai wrote: »
    It took me 2 seconds to decipher this form of writing. Should I be worried?

No.
  • SherriSherri
    Mabinogi Rep: 18,615
    edited October 11, 2019

Or maybe you know.. not everyone uses abbreviations in the game? Smh
    AlshianWolfsinger
  • AlshianAlshian
    Mabinogi Rep: 7,065
    Sherri wrote: »

What Sherri said. Also for the fact we say abbreviations when your around folks who were familiar about it.

Next time just say the whole name so "ALL" can understand it even the very moderators who read our nonsense xD

Your not ingame or anything so might as well speak "clearly" with the full name instead of using abbreviations, ya know? being "formal" when typing in the forums.
    GretaWolfsinger
  • KensamaofmariKensamaofmari
    Mabinogi Rep: 34,745
    Sherri wrote: »

Not everyone uses abbreviations, but no one uses the Queen's English.
    SherriWolfsinger