Check out all of the details of this month's Patch Notes, featuring the 16th Anniversary and VIP Renewal Update! https://mabinogi.nexon.net/news/90098/16th-anniversary-and-vip-renewal-patch-notes-march-14th
[NEW MILLETIANS] Please note that all new forum users have to be approved before posting. This process can take up to 24 hours, and we appreciate your patience.
If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the Nexon Forums Code of Conduct. You have to register before you can post, so you can log in or create a forum name above to proceed. Thank you for your visit!

Well, it finally happened (VIP update)

HellkaizerHellkaizer
Mabinogi Rep: 11,305
edited October 11, 2019 in General Chat
Too bad I quit to play archeage awhile ago lmao.

That aside, why are we getting a crap version of it? Wheres the extra equipment slot use with it? I'm really expected to pay 20$ USD a month for mabi, because anyone who's serious about the game knows that VIP is a 100% must have, as well as extra equipment slots. I live in a small town so NX isn't sold locally, I need to use a site online to get it

20 usd to cad is 26.55, plus conversion fee I'm hit with, plus the website charges taxes, and now nexon does too. My local tax rate is 12% (BC bois reporting in), and now there's another 5% on top of that too which is close to $35 cad. I could buy a full price triple A title every other month. While that is a me problem, still annoying.

anyway rant over, we're getting a nerfed version of it after waiting close to a full YEAR for something coming "early 2019" and I still feel baited by the VIP sale last year. Katherz straight up said "VIP is on sale for a reason" so I got 6 1/2 months worth, trusting that the soon2019 would actually be in q1 at the latest. Current vip isn't even worth 2k NX a month, I really feel like anyone who got VIP during that sale should get extra time for what I feel was entirely a bait and switch. The best part about this is how they tried to take that announcement down, and even the youtube video of it as well because people were upset. Can we get an answer to this?

@Katherz
BlissfulkillCrimsọn
  1. Should people who bought VIP last year get some form of compensation?25 votes
    1. Yes
       60% (15 votes)
    2. No
       20% (5 votes)
    3. Don't Care
       20% (5 votes)

Comments

• CrimsọnCrimsọn
    Mabinogi Rep: 65,165
    edited October 15, 2019
    YES. People were led to believe that the sale was there for a reason. Whether it was intentional or not they need to own up. 1 week is not enough compensation for the customers who bought over a year's worth or more during that sale. Those customers should be compensated considerably. I stand by this opinion and for the record I didn't buy service during that sale so it's not like I'm trying to get compensation for myself.

This is just the right thing they need to do for those customers. I am an advocate for those customers who feel like they were swindled or baited. Please review the sales from that time and find out who made considerable purchases of service during that sale. Compensate them more than a measly week. Do the right thing. Be a better company.
    SherricourtneyyRadiant DawnBlissfulkillShakaya
  • KensamaofmariKensamaofmari
    Mabinogi Rep: 34,745
    People still play Archeage?
  • HellkaizerHellkaizer

Look up unchained
  • AlshianAlshian
    Mabinogi Rep: 7,065
    Hellkaizer wrote: »

Look up unchained

for as long it is not pay to win id give it a try.
  • HellkaizerHellkaizer
    Alshian wrote: »
    Hellkaizer wrote: »

Look up unchained

for as long it is not pay to win id give it a try.

Yesterday on stream they said cash shop items would be giftable, people started saying that would be p2w in the gold buying sense, they disabled gifting for launch not even 12 hours after people complained. Looks good so far.
  • Gaby5011Gaby5011
    Mabinogi Rep: 5,965
    I only bought VIP in December after the Campfire event because I thought VIP would be updated in a few months after the event. It feels like a scam tbh.
  • GretaGreta
    Mabinogi Rep: 51,805
    Never trust sudden sales. Never.
  • AlshianAlshian
    Mabinogi Rep: 7,065
    edited October 12, 2019
    Greta wrote: »

Since Beth company, anything with sales I had to look up and decide if its a steal or a scam.

Since the sales when it was not even updated it should of had stay at the price till it was finally updated so should it be a scam? By some level depending how you see it I guess but to me I see it as a scam when they notice we know something does not feel right. Like how come we get the crap product compared to other regions? As well as at a price that does not give it true value? Put a sale on it to give us some kind of hope that the update is coming very near but was FAR from it.

So my conclusion would be they cut it for a time to give players a sense of urgent to buy while it is cheaper when that should of been the price to stick with till it is finally updated as for many who did buy it felt unsatisfied that the updated was not around the corner at all when the sales ended. Milking before updating is my thoughts.

I like you fellow players to be more open minded, smarter, and knowledgeable about a company's history as to why we hate it so much. Only then would you probably avoid being scammed in guise of sales but not just from the company but by other players as well. You will have less stress and grief afterwards.

As a side guess, something may had gone wrong for a delay and that everything I had concluded was not all correct as to what may had happen but this was because Nexon lost all trust from me. The things they had done, completely foolish, and raising some eye brows. COUGH COUGH Erg upgrade suppose to balance talents out but should of been place without players to bleed doing it.

Sigh just too many errors to really like to give them my money anymore...everyday I see if they changed but the game changed but not the company. but but BUT BUT!
  • CrimsọnCrimsọn
    Mabinogi Rep: 65,165

If they don't do anything to make up for what they did I'm gonna have to agree with that.
  • KensamaofmariKensamaofmari
    Mabinogi Rep: 34,745

Like a Daffy Duck kinda salesman.
    Wolfsinger
  • ArjuneArjune
    Mabinogi Rep: 16,890
    edited October 14, 2019
    I'd be lying if I said I wasn't still a bit disappointed about the 9 months of VIP I bought and have since expired for that sale.... I'm just happy it's finally here and it's pretty good too. Maybe they will continue to add features in the future? free equipment switch slots would be amazing, but I don't think KR even has that for their VIP :0 Would I love a compensation? Honestly kinda... but idk what they could even do
  • NegumikoNegumiko
    Mabinogi Rep: 9,765
    Arjune wrote: »
    I'd be lying if I said I wasn't still a bit disappointed about the 9 months of VIP I bought and have since expired for that sale.... I'm just happy it's finally here and it's pretty good too. Maybe they will continue to add features in the future? free equipment switch slots would be amazing, but I don't think KR even has that for their VIP :0 Would I love a compensation? Honestly kinda... but idk what they could even do

I have checked everything about premium/VIP that I could find on the KR site and can't find free equipment switch slots anywhere. mabi KR doesn't appear to have anything like that. but players can look around themselves: http://mabinogi.nexon.com/ItemShop/product_detail.asp?product_no=449900

• HellkaizerHellkaizer
    Negumiko wrote: »
    Arjune wrote: »

I have checked everything about premium/VIP that I could find on the KR site and can't find free equipment switch slots anywhere. mabi KR doesn't appear to have anything like that. but players can look around themselves: http://mabinogi.nexon.com/ItemShop/product_detail.asp?product_no=449900

Maybe I just can't read, either way for something that's essentially a server side text change with a tiny patch the fact that it's taken almost a year after soon™ is a joke, especially after the sale bait. Current vip is only useful for some minor inventory, 10% combat exp and no camping penalty, I hardly say that's worth even 1k nx a month.