Check out all of the details of this month's Patch Notes, featuring the 16th Anniversary and VIP Renewal Update! https://mabinogi.nexon.net/news/90098/16th-anniversary-and-vip-renewal-patch-notes-march-14th
[NEW MILLETIANS] Please note that all new forum users have to be approved before posting. This process can take up to 24 hours, and we appreciate your patience.
If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the Nexon Forums Code of Conduct. You have to register before you can post, so you can log in or create a forum name above to proceed. Thank you for your visit!

Nexon pls tone down the amount of concurent events

RheyRhey
Mabinogi Rep: 10,175
in General Chat
Completely forgot to cash in my hundreds of melody points because I forgot which event had which intricacies with so many running consecutively and I can't keep up with my limited play-time and other IRL circumstantial factors.

giphy.gif

BeliahpawcalypseLiberateSherricourtneyySaiCrimsọnWolfsingerHabimaruShakayaand 6 others.

Comments

• DraechDraech
    Mabinogi Rep: 4,390
    This is why I'm so grateful to @Leinei for her event/sales heads-up. I'd forgotten about the melodies too, and seeing her post reminded me to cash out.
    KensamaofmariSherriWolfsingerLeinei
  • IyasenuIyasenu
    Mabinogi Rep: 24,265
    I hope they cool it a bit with the events that require 6 hours of playtime to get the most out of it. (6 hours to cap out log-ing Melodies and part 4 had 6 hours to get all 30 pillow fight tickets for the day).
    SherriWolfsingerDanievictria
  • KensamaofmariKensamaofmari
    Mabinogi Rep: 34,745
    Iyasenu wrote: »
    I hope they cool it a bit with the events that require 6 hours of playtime to get the most out of it. (6 hours to cap out log-ing Melodies and part 4 had 6 hours to get all 30 pillow fight tickets for the day).

It's either 6 hrs of play time or abuse the computer and leave it on overnight.
    Danievictria
  • IyasenuIyasenu
    Mabinogi Rep: 24,265
    Iyasenu wrote: »

I guess at least it complimented the Fishing event, as that by itself takes quite some time to get through the 300 daily bait.

Where's the Turbo-Speed Fishing Potion that reduces time between fish bites? :(
    KensamaofmariWolfsinger
  • LutetiumLutetium
    Mabinogi Rep: 3,605
    I am in 100% agreement with thread title, it's very tedious to keep track of so many things going on simultaneously. I personally feel running events that require active daily micromanagement take away from running events that passively boost drop rates or give some sort of bonus to doing normal content especially. Lots of events throughout the year is great but running them at the same time is just going to frustrate and burn people out, especially those with little time to actually play.
    Turning the computer off every night is actually more abusive to it, the silicon suffers more from heat cycling than staying a consistent temperature, spinning drives also suffer reduced lifespans from having to park and spin up every day.
    If you use your computer for more than a few hours every few days day it's better to just leave it on if you want the components to last as long as possible.
    courtneyyKingEphyKensamaofmariWolfsingerSherriShakayaxSho76lilblkrose
  • TNinjaTNinja
    Mabinogi Rep: 9,265
    edited October 10, 2019
    Oh yeah. I actually forgot that there were rewards for doing three hundred pillow scissor event.

Guess I completely missed out on that one then.
    How stupid.
    TNinja wrote: »
    Oh yeah. I actually forgot that there were rewards for doing three hundred pillow scissor event.

How stupid.

No butt wiggle for you :/
  • CrimsọnCrimsọn
    Mabinogi Rep: 65,165
    edited October 11, 2019
    Draech wrote: »
    This is why I'm so grateful to @Leinei for her event/sales heads-up. I'd forgotten about the melodies too, and seeing her post reminded me to cash out.

Yeah really, thank God I have remote desktop. Granted the FPS suffers greatly, but I was able to login using my phone and use the rest of my points while at work before maintenance. Phew!

For those curious I use Chrome Remote Desktop. But Obviously it's useless if your computer is turned off. A couple of pointers: Don't use touch screen to navigate, use the mouse cursor option, or you will screw up your secondary password. To right click you have to tap with 2 fingers. BE CAREFUL OF LAG SPIKES - you might accidentally drop something. Wifi connections improve latency greatly.

I'm thinking about getting this https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B07P2HW12P/ so I can casually play mabi on my breaks at work easier. (I can't fit a laptop in my locker so don't suggest it lol).
    KensamaofmariWolfsingerLeinei
  • TNinjaTNinja
    Mabinogi Rep: 9,265

How stupid.

What even was that
  • CrimsọnCrimsọn
    edited October 12, 2019

How stupid.

What even was that

It's almost like a taunt animation where you can wiggle you butt at someone and be an ass. But a lot of people are using it as a dance animation like for lap dancing. :smirk:
    Sherri
  • SherriSherri
    Mabinogi Rep: 18,615
    Crims wrote: »

Yeah really, thank God I have remote desktop. Granted the FPS suffers greatly, but I was able to login using my phone and use the rest of my points while at work before maintenance. Phew!

For those curious I use Chrome Remote Desktop. But Obviously it's useless if your computer is turned off. A couple of pointers: Don't use touch screen to navigate, use the mouse cursor option, or you will screw up your secondary password. To right click you have to tap with 2 fingers. BE CAREFUL OF LAG SPIKES - you might accidentally drop something. Wifi connections improve latency greatly.

I'm thinking about getting this https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B07P2HW12P/ so I can casually play mabi on my breaks at work easier. (I can't fit a laptop in my locker so don't suggest it lol).

Closest thing to Mabinogi Mobile we'll get xP
  • CrimsọnCrimsọn
    edited October 12, 2019
    Sherri wrote: »

Pretty much lol. It's kinda fun, I can chat with people in game using my phone. I can also arrange trades and deals with players while at work. Which is awesome because now I can respond much sooner than having my prospective buyers or sellers wait all day for me to hop on to complete the deal.
    Sherri
  • SherriSherri
    Sherri wrote: »

Pretty much lol. It's kinda fun, I can chat with people in game using my phone. I can also arrange trades and deals with players while at work. Which is awesome because now I can respond much sooner than having my prospective buyers or sellers wait all day for me to hop on to complete the deal.

My only question is what kind of phone would be able to do this? If I ever end up getting a new one that is haha
  • CrimsọnCrimsọn
    edited October 12, 2019
    I recently bought a new phone because my old lollipop stopped connecting to the internet when I would do remote access from it. It worked a couple times and then it wouldn't work anymore lol, I have a feeling I fried it. I had that thing for like 4 years - longer than anyone these days holds onto phones. lol. I went with a Galaxy A10e, it was cheap yet up to date and is WAY faster than my old phone. It handles it just fine as long as you are using wifi instead of data - data still works, it just gets really laggy.

Think of it as a security camera monitoring your screen and has remote control functions. It basically IS a remote control for your computer. It's awesome. :D
    SherriWolfsinger
  • SherriSherri
    I recently bought a new phone because my old lollipop stopped connecting to the internet when I would do remote access from it. It worked a couple times and then it wouldn't work anymore lol, I have a feeling I fried it. I had that thing for like 4 years - longer than anyone these days holds onto phones. lol. I went with a Galaxy A10e, it was cheap yet up to date and is WAY faster than my old phone. It handles it just fine as long as you are using wifi instead of data - data still works, it just gets really laggy.

Think of it as a security camera monitoring your screen and has remote control functions. It basically IS a remote control for your computer. It's awesome. :D

Ooh! I have an ancient phone myself, an iPhone 5c and just recently people have been buying iPhone 11's haha
    But yeah, I should consider getting into that stuff, it would help a lot if I got a job or started going to college and there are events that make us stay on for 20 hours a day exaggerating a bit but I wouldn't be surprised if there were events in the future that take about this long haha
  • ShakayaShakaya
    Mabinogi Rep: 4,075
    Yea it really was such a burn out doing all of the Fantastic Memory events. I had to remember to log in and do my event every single day for 2 months without missing too many days or else the Lord of the Seas outfit would never be mine. Not to mention my cat was sick and going in and out of vet visits frequently during that time, so I had to find time to remember to do my boring recycled event on top of all that stress for 2 months straight. (cat is better now btw, i was afraid she might die but medicine helped her)

I wasn't even really excited for the new stage because it was dropped in the middle of Fantastic Memory and I just thought "I have to do MORE now?!"

I know I don't have to do every single event, but I enjoy collecting outfits and homestead things, and I really enjoy the music stuff in Mabi so the rewards for the Fantastic stage whatever was appealing to me too. But it was so much at the same time.

I'm ignoring the current attendance event because I'm just burnt out from doing the Fantastic Memory one now.

I am excited for the new upcoming Halloween event, it's my favorite holiday, but if any other events are tagged on along with it I'll be ignoring those too. It's just too much at once.
    KensamaofmariDanievictriaRadiant DawnWolfsingerSherriKitini
  • DanievictriaDanievictria
    Mabinogi Rep: 3,695
    Yeah, I straight-up ignored most of the Master Plan activities over the summer, because there were other things I wanted to do with my playtime. However, when there are inventory bags or pets or interesting outfits on offer, an event is kind of hard to resist...especially when it's a pet or inventory because inventory space is at a premium in this game and the pets are just cool. Too many events with desirable prizes going on at the same time is the real frustrating thing, especially when school is in and you have time-intensive assignments to have to complete as a function of your major (What's my major? Graphic Frigging Design. You think majoring in an arts field is easy? No. It's just as work-intensive as something like Computer Science, Engineering, or Biology! Business? Public Relations? Economics? Those are easy majors for lazy slackers!).
    KensamaofmariWolfsinger
  • WolfsingerWolfsinger
    Mabinogi Rep: 5,875
    Yeah, I straight-up ignored most of the Master Plan activities over the summer, because there were other things I wanted to do with my playtime. However, when there are inventory bags or pets or interesting outfits on offer, an event is kind of hard to resist...especially when it's a pet or inventory because inventory space is at a premium in this game and the pets are just cool. Too many events with desirable prizes going on at the same time is the real frustrating thing, especially when school is in and you have time-intensive assignments to have to complete as a function of your major (What's my major? Graphic Frigging Design. You think majoring in an arts field is easy? No. It's just as work-intensive as something like Computer Science, Engineering, or Biology! Business? Public Relations? Economics? Those are easy majors for lazy slackers!).

Going into the same field, still technically at the front door but I know exactly what you mean.
    Hang in there mate, good luck.
    Fortunately for me I'm already used to balancing this....managed to pull it off and got the outfit, don't know how but made it work. Just hoping I'll have enough time for whatever's coming up for Halloween, schedule is getting a little tight -.-"
    KensamaofmariDanievictria
    Wolfsinger wrote: »

Going into the same field, still technically at the front door but I know exactly what you mean.
    Hang in there mate, good luck.
    Fortunately for me I'm already used to balancing this....managed to pull it off and got the outfit, don't know how but made it work. Just hoping I'll have enough time for whatever's coming up for Halloween, schedule is getting a little tight -.-"

Need some break time. Literally.
  • MiliardoMiliardo
    Mabinogi Rep: 1,470
    edited October 16, 2019
    Back to back events are fine if they are sustainable, the real problem is the nature of the events. They all have some afk element to them designed with the idea of keeping you logged in to artificially inflate server activity. It's a cheap shortcut to making the game appear thriving, when in reality 90% of the player base is not even looking at the game screen. These events take little effort while giving the most activity increase. Unfortunately I don't see them changing strategies anytime soon.
    GretaSherriAlshian