Check out all of the details of this month's Patch Notes, featuring the 16th Anniversary and VIP Renewal Update! https://mabinogi.nexon.net/news/90098/16th-anniversary-and-vip-renewal-patch-notes-march-14th
[NEW MILLETIANS] Please note that all new forum users have to be approved before posting. This process can take up to 24 hours, and we appreciate your patience.
If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the Nexon Forums Code of Conduct. You have to register before you can post, so you can log in or create a forum name above to proceed. Thank you for your visit!

Animal Ears

HaruuchanHaruuchan
Mabinogi Rep: 675
in Feedback and Suggestions
When wearing animal ears it should hide your already existing ears.
There are certain hairstyles that can be used to hide your original ears but it feels so restricting.
xSho76SherriDarkpixie99SplinkerNegumiko

Comments

• GretaGreta
    Mabinogi Rep: 51,805
    What if i like my hooman ears?
  • HaruuchanHaruuchan
    Greta wrote: »
    What if i like my hooman ears?

Don't you feel strange having both kitsune ears and human ears sticking out!?
    On another hand... your hearing would be impeccable!

But real talk, I would at least like an option to make my elven ears invisible when I wanna switch things up. ; ^;
    DanievictriaSherri
  • SherriSherri
    Mabinogi Rep: 18,615
    Definitely agreed! As an elf, it is such a hassle to want to look like a cat, fox, etc.
    I have Medium Sideburns Hair so I can cover up if I have small ears but even then they verrry slightly poke out.

Also yeah, having an animal headband equipped with your ears poking out.. my BIGGEST pet peeve in Mabinogi, yet so many do it -_-
    Haruuchan
  • MiliardoMiliardo
    Mabinogi Rep: 1,470
    This has always been a thing that's bugged me in otaku culture. There are so many occurrences of double ears in anime/manga/art.
    SherriHaruuchan
  • KensamaofmariKensamaofmari
    Mabinogi Rep: 34,745
    Miliardo wrote: »
    This has always been a thing that's bugged me in otaku culture. There are so many occurrences of double ears in anime/manga/art.

Some people have their preferences.
  • Darkpixie99Darkpixie99
    Mabinogi Rep: 8,660
    edited October 21, 2019

So then we're going for a toggle in the Options? (Or hotkey like robes on/off.)
    Haruuchan
  • KensamaofmariKensamaofmari
    Mabinogi Rep: 34,745

Or create animal races.
    Darkpixie99
  • Darkpixie99Darkpixie99
    Mabinogi Rep: 8,660
    Or create animal races.

I want a human with elf and cat ears at the same time, and I think making more costume toggle options would be easier on Nexon in the long haul.
    The robe on/off is the oldest function compared to the Style Tab, so I'm sad to say this, but an animal race is likely not going to happen due to gachapon capitalism.
    (We wanted fomors, they gave us the Succubus Queen outfit.)
    Haruuchan
  • HaruuchanHaruuchan
    edited October 22, 2019

A toggle option would be really nice.
    Though, I can picture Nexon putting such things in a gacha instead of having it readily available like an on/off toggle.
    Or a sort of cash shop item you need to pay for every 30 days.
    Darkpixie99
  • HaruuchanHaruuchan
    Sherri wrote: »
    Definitely agreed! As an elf, it is such a hassle to want to look like a cat, fox, etc.
    I have Medium Sideburns Hair so I can cover up if I have small ears but even then they verrry slightly poke out.

Also yeah, having an animal headband equipped with your ears poking out.. my BIGGEST pet peeve in Mabinogi, yet so many do it -_-

I used to use the same hair for exactly that reason! But as time went on, I felt sort of bound to that hairstyle.
    Changing it was one of the hardest fashion decisions I've made in a while. lol