Check out all of the details of this month's Patch Notes, featuring the Reflections: Reforged update!
https://mabinogi.nexon.net/news/69963/reflections-reforged-patch-notes-november-4th-2021
[NEW MILLETIANS] Please note that all new forum users have to be approved before posting. This process can take up to 24 hours, and we appreciate your patience.
If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the Nexon Forums Code of Conduct. You have to register before you can post, so you can log in or create a forum name above to proceed. Thank you for your visit!

What will your three Egos be?

HelsaHelsa
Mabinogi Rep: 20,705
Posts: 4,459
Member
edited October 26, 2019 in General Chat
The ego update will allow you to have three egos, with a much larger field of choices. What will your three egos be?

At the moment I only have a 2H sword and all I can say at this point is that I will probably change it into something else.
Sherri

Comments

  • SherriSherri
    Mabinogi Rep: 18,135
    Posts: 2,714
    Member
    Healing Wand (my current Spirit Weapon), a staff and a chain blade.
    Idk if this will change any time soon or not.. Probably not though.
  • NilremNilrem
    Mabinogi Rep: 7,880
    Posts: 465
    Member
    Chain Blade, staff, and whatever else I end up needing long term.

    But mostly chain blade because I want to have fun with the Impale splash using Death Mark's pull.
  • GretaGreta
    Mabinogi Rep: 46,735
    Posts: 6,953
    Member
    Definitely Chain Blade. Already have 1h sword ego... Maybe i'll get 2h.
  • IyasenuIyasenu
    Mabinogi Rep: 24,260
    Posts: 2,887
    Member
    I was thinking of...
    Cutthroat Chain Blade
    Tikka Wood Healing Wand
    Celtic Druid Staff

    Cutthroat Chain Blade because I don't feel like getting/making/upgrading a Celtic Howling (I don't have the materials and don't feel up to working toward getting them).
    Tikka Wood Healing Wand, not because it's a good choice, but because a Healing Wand was my original Ego from years ago and it'd be neat to go back now that you can have upgrades on your Ego, and the Tikka Wood one gets the -MP Usage upgrades.
    And a Celtic Druid Staff because I wanna play around with a staff Ego, and I actually do have the materials for this one for a change.

    I'm totally not gonna go all out on my weapons (Erg/Reforge not likely), but it will be neat to play around with some new Ego Weapons.
    My current Ego has been an Earthquake Cylinder for forever, so it'll be a refreshing change.
  • Gaby5011Gaby5011
    Mabinogi Rep: 5,730
    Posts: 707
    Member
    Chains
    Crossbow

    Then either 2h axe or staff, I dunno yet.
  • XCalibieXCalibie
    Mabinogi Rep: 2,405
    Posts: 114
    Member
    edited October 27, 2019
    Lance, Shuriken, and possibly a one-handed sword.
    (Lance Charge Hype!)
  • DragoolfireDragoolfire
    Mabinogi Rep: 3,490
    Posts: 484
    Member
    Debating wether to keep tower cylinder, or switch to a different cylinder... other than that probably chain blade of some form and some sort of two handed sword...
  • GretaGreta
    Mabinogi Rep: 46,735
    Posts: 6,953
    Member
    Debating wether to keep tower cylinder, or switch to a different cylinder... other than that probably chain blade of some form and some sort of two handed sword...

    Omg, someone is actually using Tower Cylinders? I thought they were broken for some time.
  • CrimsọnCrimsọn
    Mabinogi Rep: 63,705
    Posts: 8,639
    Member
    edited October 27, 2019
    Well my first ego that I've had for over a decade is a blade. His name is Wraith and I could never delete him, ya know? When the update comes out I will be transferring him to my frosted sword that is upgraded, enchanted, erg'd.

    My second will probably be chains because everyone keeps hounding me to go chains.

    My third will probably be a wand or staff. Because that magic spirit weapon is op as hell.
  • HarukariHarukari
    Mabinogi Rep: 8,120
    Posts: 826
    Member
    First, tower cylinder(For hydra damage obv)

    Second, Shruriken(If that can even be made an Ego..)

    Third, Staff
  • FayeKaibaFayeKaiba
    Mabinogi Rep: 10,655
    Posts: 886
    Member
    Staff
    Cylinder
    Unsure
  • GretaGreta
    Mabinogi Rep: 46,735
    Posts: 6,953
    Member
    FayeKaiba wrote: »
    Staff
    Cylinder
    Unsure

    Hmmm, Unsure... Must be really interesting weapon! Can i stab things with it?
    Sherri
  • HelsaHelsa
    Mabinogi Rep: 20,705
    Posts: 4,459
    Member
    Harukari wrote: »
    First, tower cylinder(For hydra damage obv)

    Second, Shruriken(If that can even be made an Ego..)

    Third, Staff

    Before this update was announced I was thinking of changing my 2H into a Tower cylinder for the hydra damage, still, I may yet do that but my focus now is on whether I can get a cylinder that will allow for continuously maintained rain cloud, because if that's possible, for me that would trump (lower case t) Hydra damage bonus.

    Shuriken is one that I'm thinking about specifically for enhancing Shadow Cloak.

    Other than throwing magic bolts into combos I don't know much about magic. I've heard a few folks mention healing wands, I'm curious to know why those would be good ego's. I assume ego staves will let you throw medium level magic around like rice at a wedding?

    Since I'm tall, I've thought about an ego hammer, for GFS, but that's a skill that, although I have it topped-off, I have NEVER actually used. I've heard some folks say that GFS is OP and although I should know this, I don't. Can anyone explain it.

    Ego chain? Well, of course I'm thinking about that; almost everyone is.

    I've heard somewhere that lance charge has the highest potential damage, if so, then a lance could be considered in the same way, for me, that a hammer could.

    Atlatl? For fun I suppose, but if you can't make one with the same range as an egoed leather long bow, then what's the point?

    Knuckles? It seems to me that Chain is better, and knuckles have no interesting special auxiliary skill other than maybe tumble. That's probably not enough for me.

    Regular melee weapons? Nothing there excites me at the moment.
    Harukari
  • EvielickyEvielicky
    Mabinogi Rep: 870
    Posts: 31
    Member
    for the ego update does ego get hungry? can u feed them endlessly or is it the same where they get happy, fine, unhappy, mad
  • IyasenuIyasenu
    Mabinogi Rep: 24,260
    Posts: 2,887
    Member
    Kinda surprised there hasn't been someone who planned to try out a Control Bar ego or a Dual Gun ego.

    Also, looking at the thread in content from other regions, it seems Egos will still have moods.
    But don't forget, the update also makes it so there's a weekly cap on EXP an ego can earn.
    I guess once you hit that cap for the week, you'd just be feeding an ego to keep it from getting upset.
  • HabimaruHabimaru
    Mabinogi Rep: 3,190
    Posts: 709
    Member
    Which-ever three have what I consider to be the best-looking Weapon-Spirits.
    Keeping current Female Spirit-Bow weapon (probably) whom I had named : Aethera
    (...a great name if I do say so myself as it is based on a generally-unknown-in-scientific-history word for which today's closest vocabulary for it is probably along the lines of Electro-Magnetism or Zero-Point Energy, etymologically having similar properties or definitions to the Aether, explaining the «energy» behind «Spiritual» manifestations or as a means to be able to put a more Quantum-Mechanics/Quantum-Physics vocabulary/term to what could explain the manifestation of so-called Spiritual-Phenomena)

    Note : Phenomenon (Singular), Phenomena (Plural), Phenomenae (something like Clusters of Plurals).

    150px-Ego_Female_Bow_(Full_Body).jpeg

    Then I shall probably also name them all the same, and, if I cannot have three Aetheras, then I'll just use foreign languages that have the same definition/meaning.
  • HelsaHelsa
    Mabinogi Rep: 20,705
    Posts: 4,459
    Member
    Iyasenu wrote: »
    Kinda surprised there hasn't been someone who planned to try out a Control Bar ego or a Dual Gun ego.
    Control Bar for bigger crisis area? Hm? Duel Guns doesn't have much in the area of auxiliary skills, kinda like knuckles, maybe that's why?


  • FayeKaibaFayeKaiba
    Mabinogi Rep: 10,655
    Posts: 886
    Member
    Greta wrote: »
    FayeKaiba wrote: »
    Staff
    Cylinder
    Unsure

    Hmmm, Unsure... Must be really interesting weapon! Can i stab things with it?

    Yes! You can Stab things with it~
  • IyasenuIyasenu
    Mabinogi Rep: 24,260
    Posts: 2,887
    Member
    Helsa wrote: »
    Iyasenu wrote: »
    Kinda surprised there hasn't been someone who planned to try out a Control Bar ego or a Dual Gun ego.
    Control Bar for bigger crisis area? Hm? Duel Guns doesn't have much in the area of auxiliary skills, kinda like knuckles, maybe that's why?


    I'm actually not sure what special bonuses different Ego weapons will give. Like, that Control Bar Ego/Crisis area is news to me.
    But kind of like how I'd have one of my Egos be a Tikka Wood Healing Wand, it'd be neat just for the novelty.
    In the case of Bars/Guns it'd be having an Ego in a weapon that's made up of two things.
    Though it's a shame they didn't actually make new Spirits (like NPC Portraits) for all the new types of weapons that would be Egoable.

    I was kind of hoping they'd've made a "Twin" kind of thing, but I guess those would only make sense FOR those dual-handed weapons like Dual Guns, Knuckles, and Control Bars. (And Shuriken, if you count the little Kunai you hold in the offhand)

    Though I guess it wouldn't matter, since after the update, any spirit can be put in any weapon type.
    Sherri
  • HelsaHelsa
    Mabinogi Rep: 20,705
    Posts: 4,459
    Member
    Iyasenu wrote: »
    Helsa wrote: »
    Iyasenu wrote: »
    Kinda surprised there hasn't been someone who planned to try out a Control Bar ego or a Dual Gun ego.
    Control Bar for bigger crisis area? Hm? Duel Guns doesn't have much in the area of auxiliary skills, kinda like knuckles, maybe that's why?


    I'm actually not sure what special bonuses different Ego weapons will give. Like, that Control Bar Ego/Crisis area is news to me.
    But kind of like how I'd have one of my Egos be a Tikka Wood Healing Wand, it'd be neat just for the novelty.
    In the case of Bars/Guns it'd be having an Ego in a weapon that's made up of two things.
    Though it's a shame they didn't actually make new Spirits (like NPC Portraits) for all the new types of weapons that would be Egoable.

    I was kind of hoping they'd've made a "Twin" kind of thing, but I guess those would only make sense FOR those dual-handed weapons like Dual Guns, Knuckles, and Control Bars. (And Shuriken, if you count the little Kunai you hold in the offhand)

    Though I guess it wouldn't matter, since after the update, any spirit can be put in any weapon type.

    Oh I never even thought of that! How do you make sense of a two-part weapon, like duel guns, knuckles, control bars, and possibly shuriken, being one ego?
    IyasenuSherri