Check out all of the details of this month's Patch Notes, featuring the 16th Anniversary and VIP Renewal Update! https://mabinogi.nexon.net/news/90098/16th-anniversary-and-vip-renewal-patch-notes-march-14th
[NEW MILLETIANS] Please note that all new forum users have to be approved before posting. This process can take up to 24 hours, and we appreciate your patience.
If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the Nexon Forums Code of Conduct. You have to register before you can post, so you can log in or create a forum name above to proceed. Thank you for your visit!

Did they just take away a feature and call it VIP?

AcryliqueAcrylique
Mabinogi Rep: 270
in General Chat
Not sure if you all have noticed but Belvast shops now REQUIRE VIP sub in order to get personal shop licenses that hold 20m...
Now, the rest of the player base without VIP is limited to 10m in a shop.

Did they honestly decide to gimp Belvast shops like that? We always had the ability to hold 20m and now its cut in half. With inflation and just the general price of items, 10m in a shop is literally nothing.

I know that ever since they have introduced AH, Belvast shops have declined and is less relevant but I still enjoy physically going to shops or setting up stuff at Belvast.

smh belv will be a ghost town now. what do you guys think?
SherriCICILIAWolfsingerAlchemistjkKitiniFreakoutcast

Comments

• NemesisNemesis
    Mabinogi Rep: 2,005
    belv is dead
    WanderIust
  • AlshianAlshian
    Mabinogi Rep: 7,065
    thought it had always been 10mil o:

Ever since AH i forgot about belvest LOL
  • CrimsọnCrimsọn
    Mabinogi Rep: 65,165
    Two words.

Auction house.

No one cares about Belvast anymore.
    WanderIust
  • SherriSherri
    Mabinogi Rep: 18,615
    edited October 26, 2019
    Honestly, I really like the whole 10m upgrade. It helps when we have only 12 default slots for the AH.
    EDIT: I can't freaking read anymore apparently.. X_X
  • AcryliqueAcrylique
    Mabinogi Rep: 270
    Alshian wrote: »

nono at belvast, it was always 20m.

Sherri wrote: »
    Honestly, I really like the whole 10m upgrade. It helps when we have only 12 default slots for the AH.

its not really an upgrade if it was always 20m from the beginning of time and then got taken away to be a "vip feature only" :[
    SherriAlchemistjk
  • SherriSherri
    Mabinogi Rep: 18,615
    edited October 26, 2019
    Acrylique wrote: »

nono at belvast, it was always 20m.

Sherri wrote: »

its not really an upgrade if it was always 20m from the beginning of time and then got taken away to be a "vip feature only" :[

OHHH ok I just re-read it, mb, I'm not fully awake
    dont ask how i missed all that important stuff, i'm clueless too..

And if they really did that then that.. is terrible.
    I thought they were going to make it so shops all over could be 20m for VIP/Premium and 10m for F2P players, BESIDES Belvast which would remain 20m for all.
    'Just use AH' isn't gonna cut it either with that stupid 12 slot limit.. which YET AGAIN gives more to VIP.

I'm going to be extremely sad if this is the case because I really liked to go there and window shop too (and rarely I'd actually end up buying something cool!)
    Again, I apologise for my dumbness earlier, but now I understand and I wholeheartedly agree with you.
    AcryliqueGretaWolfsingerAlchemistjk
  • GretaGreta
    Mabinogi Rep: 51,805
    Yes, it's unfair... They literally killed Belvast market with this
  • ValenmirValenmir
    Mabinogi Rep: 4,385
    Greta wrote: »
    Yes, it's unfair... They literally killed Belvast market with this

not really... a lot of the expensive(overpriced.) stuff is normally in the AH now. So this i don't see really is an issue. if anything is just making it limited to how much you can sell per thingy, which isn't really an issue... Then again if you don't charge a lot on the item then you are safe.
    WanderIust
  • AlshianAlshian
    Hope they don't do anymore of this else I will get Beth's vibes and just stay away from this game lol
  • CrimsọnCrimsọn
    Hope they don't do anymore of this else I will get Beth's vibes and just stay away from this game lol

Beth's...vibes...?
  • AlshianAlshian
    edited October 27, 2019
    Crims wrote: »

Beth's...vibes...?

Bethesda, the biggest screw up being Fallout 76.

If you had watched "The fall of fallout 76" Its pretty darn amazing to watch and make you wonder how the company had not lost ALL the fans yet.
    Sherri
  • GretaGreta
    edited October 27, 2019
    Fallout 76 was a mistake since it's release. I was amazed how my husband managed to ignore it's huge flaws and even enjoyed it. Thankfully he stopped playing it several months ago after the ban for "having too many items" even though it was their fault from the start that they didn't manage to fix all the glitches and bugs within time so some people abused them as hell to dupe items, so they banned him "temporarily" and he had to wait for 4 MONTHS to get unbanned and they even dared to wipe all his characters away and was left with NOTHING. Bethesda's incompetence is even worse than Nexon's...
    CrimsọnWolfsingerSherriDarkpixie99KitiniFreakoutcast
  • AlshianAlshian
    Fallout 76 was a mistake since it's release. I was amazed how my husband managed to ignore it's huge flaws and even enjoyed it. Thankfully he stopped playing it several months ago after the ban for duping even though it was their fault from the start that they didn't manage to fix all the glitches and bugs within time, so instead they banned him "temporarily" and he had to wait for 4 MONTHS to get unbanned and they even dared to wipe all his characters away and was left with NOTHING. Bethesda's incompetence is even worse than Nexon's...

which I hope Never happen from Nexon. xD
  • HarukariHarukari
    Mabinogi Rep: 8,470
    People still open shops in Belvast?
    Interesting...
    WanderIust
  • GretaGreta
    Like dude.... There was cases where some players were playing A LOT of this game so they had many items collected and hoarded in their inventories and Bethesda just assumed right away that they duped them and banned some innocents... Imagine if Nexon did that LOL. Half of veteran playerbase get banned! xD
    Kitini
  • AlshianAlshian
    Like dude.... There was cases where some players were playing A LOT of this game so they had many items collected and hoarded in their inventories and Bethesda just assumed right away that they duped them and banned some innocents... Imagine if Nexon did that LOL. Half of veteran playerbase get banned! xD

and would be enough for me to call it quits while I am banned for something I had not done.
    Kitini
  • GretaGreta
    Harukari wrote: »
    People still open shops in Belvast?
    Interesting...

Well i really don't see Auction House good for selling small items that do not stack and take too much space, like Diamonds. It's inefficient to sell 12 Diamonds in Action House for 100k each when i can sell like 50+ in Personal Shop at once. There are also some items who can't be sold in Auction House, but can be sold in Personal Shops. *looks at Gamyu Robe and Likeability Potions*
    AcryliqueAlshianWolfsingerSherriAlchemistjkKitini
  • AlshianAlshian
    edited October 27, 2019
    There are some versions of Expiration enchant potions not being able to be set on the AH and had to be sold in personal shops.

Oh and plenty of other outfits too.
    GretaWolfsingerSherriKitini
  • CrimsọnCrimsọn
    edited October 27, 2019
    Fallout 76 was a mistake since it's release. I was amazed how my husband managed to ignore it's huge flaws and even enjoyed it. Thankfully he stopped playing it several months ago after the ban for duping even though it was their fault from the start that they didn't manage to fix all the glitches and bugs within time, so instead they banned him "temporarily" and he had to wait for 4 MONTHS to get unbanned and they even dared to wipe all his characters away and was left with NOTHING. Bethesda's incompetence is even worse than Nexon's...

which I hope Never happen from Nexon. xD

It used to happen. What they used to do was ban you and then paste the same response over and over with appeals. Eventually after several tickets they would threaten to lock you out of the system entirely. I know a certain GM there who is quite indiscriminate in situations like this that STILL works there. They used to be hot. Although I will say they have probably been retrained under their newer policies which encourages retention regardless of what rules you broke. >:]

(Please take note I have not mentioned who they are or even their gender. Assume a gender you assume my preferences. I know how California works. Thanks).
    Darkpixie99
  • DraechDraech
    Mabinogi Rep: 4,390
    Crims wrote: »

Beth's...vibes...?

Bethesda, the biggest screw up being Fallout 76.

If you had watched "The fall of fallout 76" Its pretty darn amazing to watch and make you wonder how the company had not lost ALL the fans yet.

If you think the VIP update being postponed for issues is bad, Bethesda's newest "Fallout 1st" membership is way worse, and I'm pretty glad Nexon hasn't reached that level yet.