Check out all of the details of this month's Patch Notes, featuring the 16th Anniversary and VIP Renewal Update! https://mabinogi.nexon.net/news/90098/16th-anniversary-and-vip-renewal-patch-notes-march-14th
[NEW MILLETIANS] Please note that all new forum users have to be approved before posting. This process can take up to 24 hours, and we appreciate your patience.
If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the Nexon Forums Code of Conduct. You have to register before you can post, so you can log in or create a forum name above to proceed. Thank you for your visit!

Mabinogi not booting up

BellacannoliBellacannoli
Mabinogi Rep: 300
edited October 27, 2019 in Help
The game isn't booting up for me at all. I tried opening up Maplestory 2 and it works just fine. I tried reinstalling the launcher, reinstalling the game, repairing files, restarting my computer, checking compatibility mode and I turned up nothing. Can anyone help bychance?

Comments

• KensamaofmariKensamaofmari
    Mabinogi Rep: 34,745
    The game isn't booting up for me at all. I tried opening up Maplestory 2 and it works just fine. I tried reinstalling the launcher, reinstalling the game, repairing files, restarting my computer, checking compatibility mode and I turned up nothing. Can anyone help bychance?

No error codes? Does client.exe show up in task manager?
  • GambeiGambei
    Mabinogi Rep: 510
    having the same issue, client shows up in task manager for a second then disappears
  • KensamaofmariKensamaofmari
    Mabinogi Rep: 34,745
    I tried looking at the previous resolutions and all I can find is that the issue was resolved after checking compatibility mode.

I would say to check if all your drivers are up to date, if any of the files have gone missing or are corrupted, make sure your antivirus isn't detecting it as unsafe if you haven't already done so.
  • GambeiGambei
    Mabinogi Rep: 510
    ive done all of that, still a no go. vidictus loads up with no issues :/
  • HelsaHelsa
    Mabinogi Rep: 23,380
    Does it run in safe mode with networking?
  • BellacannoliBellacannoli
    Sorry, I've been a bit tied up recently. I have checked compatibility mode, I have reinstalled numerous times, I have even downloaded the steam version and tried launching it through there and nothing. No pop ups, it just randomly quits on me. It says "starting" then it just stops and acts like I didn't do anything. I can play through a laptop but the laptop is a dinosaur at this point and I can't even run basic dungeons on it. ;-;
  • BellacannoliBellacannoli
    Also no the client doesn't even pop up on Task Manager.
  • HelsaHelsa
    So it's not even running in safe mode with networking?
  • ookieookie
    Mabinogi Rep: 1,925
    i'm able to log in, but SEVERE lag...and that's on channel 10 of Nao which is totally not busy....i highly suspect an unscheduled maintenance is coming to fix a lot of issues.....noticed they updated the launcher too....that always causes havoc
  • asnscorpioasnscorpio
    Mabinogi Rep: 2,500
    It could be a launcher issue? I'm not sure. I know I've had times where the game does not launch and gives an error code...or does not update the client or seems to update it, but some reason it won't launch the game. I would try re-installing the launcher at some point because they do update that periodically every now and then and just like any other software...it does hit a snag on its updates and causes problems.
  • HelsaHelsa
    ookie wrote: »
    i'm able to log in, but SEVERE lag...and that's on channel 10 of Nao which is totally not busy....i highly suspect an unscheduled maintenance is coming to fix a lot of issues.....noticed they updated the launcher too....that always causes havoc

The lag could also be on your end too. If you go into task manager then sellect the performance tab, you can then sellect the appropriate graph for your internet data interchange activity. If there's a big spike going on, say because it's auto uploading updates, that might be it
  • Ensure you have allowed the game folder and game client as an exception to your firewalls and anti-virus. This is a primary culprit for the game refusing to launch. Regardless of it not being detected, ensure it is an exception in the settings.