Check out all of the details of this month's Patch Notes, featuring the 16th Anniversary and VIP Renewal Update! https://mabinogi.nexon.net/news/90098/16th-anniversary-and-vip-renewal-patch-notes-march-14th
[NEW MILLETIANS] Please note that all new forum users have to be approved before posting. This process can take up to 24 hours, and we appreciate your patience.
If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the Nexon Forums Code of Conduct. You have to register before you can post, so you can log in or create a forum name above to proceed. Thank you for your visit!

What will your three Egos be?

Comments

• WolfsingerWolfsinger
    Mabinogi Rep: 5,875
    I'm still new to the whole ego thing.....are there any in particular you guys could suggest? I recently started looking into it and I'm still not sure what I'm looking at XD
  • Gaby5011Gaby5011
    Mabinogi Rep: 5,965
    Evielicky wrote: »
    for the ego update does ego get hungry? can u feed them endlessly or is it the same where they get happy, fine, unhappy, mad

You can feed them at any time. They removed the hunger mechanics. You can only earn 400k ego exp per week though.
  • HelsaHelsa
    Mabinogi Rep: 23,380
    edited October 28, 2019
    Wolfsinger wrote: »
    I'm still new to the whole ego thing.....are there any in particular you guys could suggest? I recently started looking into it and I'm still not sure what I'm looking at XD

Are you willing to spend real money to perfectly change one ego into another; in other words are you willing to buy this?
  • HelsaHelsa
    Gaby5011 wrote: »
    for the ego update does ego get hungry? can u feed them endlessly or is it the same where they get happy, fine, unhappy, mad

You can feed them at any time. They removed the hunger mechanics. You can only earn 400k ego exp per week though.

Oh, yuck! After all this bottom feeding for 10cm gems that's less than two days feeding! Okay, so the lesson is open all the red bags before the update and have all the gems fed to your ego by then.
    Sherri
  • KensamaofmariKensamaofmari
    Mabinogi Rep: 34,745
    Helsa wrote: »

Oh, yuck! After all this bottom feeding for 10cm gems that's less than two days feeding! Okay, so the lesson is open all the red bags before the update and have all the gems fed to your ego by then.

Selling unwanted gems has never been more lucrative.
  • HelsaHelsa

Selling unwanted gems has never been more lucrative.

Pft! Those who care of such things will have stuffed gems into every nook and cranny that they could during the red bag fishing event, since folks were dropping even 4 inch diamonds everywhere.
  • IyasenuIyasenu
    Mabinogi Rep: 24,265

Are you willing to spend real money to perfectly change one ego into another; in other words are you willing to buy this?

Funny thing, with the ego update they:

1) Remove this item from the shop
    2) Remove transfer level loss

Which is good because pfft 10 bucks for that item, yikes.

Also, they add new gem-type items, and Egos can have a "favorite" gem that gives them bonus exp.

ALSO, also they allow you to feed in bulk (up to 30 items at once).
    Though if the ego is low level you should be mindful that an ego can only go up 1 level per feeding, so don't blow 30 diamonds at once on a level 2 ego.
    819121132.jpg
    1. What EXP the current feeding will get you to
    2. Current item type filter (in the picture the current tab selected is showing Gems
    3. Preferred Gem (not sure which gem this is, it looks new)
    4. Filter button (only items you choose in the filter will appear, in case you want to limit feeding to specific gems or something)
    5. Auto-select (quickly selects 10 items in order from top left to bottom right, can press multiple times to select up to 30 gems quickly)

Triple also, egos will still have moods, and this affects a few things.
    1. EXP gain from feeding, higher mood = better gains
    2. More "ego points" when the ego levels up (ego points are a new thing in the ego system used to activate bonuses in the weapon, some unique to the weapon type)
    724113741.png
    Mood resets when the spirit weapon levels up, and goes from 0~100.
    Mood is increased by 5 every 5 minutes the ego is actively equipped.
    Mood is increased by 10 for every conversation topic used (up to 3 per erinn day, resetting at 6am in-game)

Also, after the update you can transform pre-update ego weapons into the new system, and the weapon will gain levels based on the level it was.
    Since egos under the new system don't have "Str/Int/Dex/etc" and instead just have one flat "Level" statistic, it'll take whatever stat is currently your highest into consideration. (i.e. an Ego with Level 25 Will, but Level 35 Strength would count as a Level 35 Ego)
    f4481bb850.png
    So if you currently have an Ego that is level 48~50 in any stat atm, it could be transformed into a level 88~90 Ego in the new system.

Also you can make use of the Interaction Crafter system for your ego weapons after the update.
    Both new triggers, like having an interaction based on the Awakening Skill usage or charge buildup bar progress, and even create custom keywords, and responses to them when chatting with the spirit.
    SherriKagaDarkpixie99
  • HelsaHelsa
    Iyasenu wrote: »

Also, they add new gem-type items, and Egos can have a "favorite" gem that gives them bonus exp.

Though if the ego is low level you should be mindful that an ego can only go up 1 level per feeding, so don't blow 30 diamonds at once on a level 2 ego.
    819121132.jpg
    2. Current item type filter (in the picture the current tab selected is showing Gems
    4. Filter button (only items you choose in the filter will appear, in case you want to limit feeding to specific gems or something)
    5. Auto-select (quickly selects 10 items in order from top left to bottom right, can press multiple times to select up to 30 gems quickly)

2. More "ego points" when the ego levels up (ego points are a new thing in the ego system used to activate bonuses in the weapon, some unique to the weapon type)
    724113741.png
    Mood is increased by 10 for every conversation topic used (up to 3 per erinn day, resetting at 6am in-game)

Also, after the update you can transform pre-update ego weapons into the new system, and the weapon will gain levels based on the level it was.
    Since egos under the new system don't have "Str/Int/Dex/etc" and instead just have one flat "Level" statistic, it'll take whatever stat is currently your highest into consideration. (i.e. an Ego with Level 25 Will, but Level 35 Strength would count as a Level 35 Ego)
    f4481bb850.png
    So if you currently have an Ego that is level 48~50 in any stat atm, it could be transformed into a level 88~90 Ego in the new system.

Also you can make use of the Interaction Crafter system for your ego weapons after the update.
    Both new triggers, like having an interaction based on the Awakening Skill usage or charge buildup bar progress, and even create custom keywords, and responses to them when chatting with the spirit.

Are you gonna hold on to your gems until the update or are you gonna stuff as many as you can before it happens?
  • MaiaMaia
    Mabinogi Rep: 7,195
    Greta wrote: »
    Definitely Chain Blade. Already have 1h sword ego... Maybe i'll get 2h.
    I was thinking of...
    Cutthroat Chain Blade
    Tikka Wood Healing Wand
    Celtic Druid Staff
    Sherri wrote: »
    Healing Wand (my current Spirit Weapon), a staff and a chain blade.
    Idk if this will change any time soon or not.. Probably not though.

You guys won't be able to have two of the same ego "type," just to let you know if this hasn't already been mentioned (didn't see it but also didn't look very hard). 1h sword and 2h sword are both in the close combat category. Staff and wand also share the same magic category. Also new healing wand egoes won't be very viable/good (worse than current ego) so for two of you that should probably be your dropped one.

Back to topic though. I'll ego my despair blade, chains, and an atlatl. The only weapons I use anyway so not a very difficult choice.
  • IyasenuIyasenu
    Mabinogi Rep: 24,265

819121132.jpg

724113741.png

f4481bb850.png

Are you gonna hold on to your gems until the update or are you gonna stuff as many as you can before it happens?

Well at least in my case, my Ego is already level 50, so I'm gonna save my gems.
    Though I'm gonna be saving them in the form of unopened red pouches and such.
    Maia wrote: »
    I was thinking of...
    Cutthroat Chain Blade
    Tikka Wood Healing Wand
    Celtic Druid Staff

You guys won't be able to have two of the same ego "type," just to let you know if this hasn't already been mentioned (didn't see it but also didn't look very hard). 1h sword and 2h sword are both in the close combat category. Staff and wand also share the same magic category. Also new healing wand egoes won't be very viable/good (worse than current ego) so for two of you that should probably be your dropped one.

Back to topic though. I'll ego my despair blade, chains, and an atlatl. The only weapons I use anyway so not a very difficult choice.

That's a shame to hear about the same-type weapon restrictions.
    I thought that Wands and Staves would be different enough.
    I thought the same-thing restriction was about the spirits themselves. (like, no having two egos that are both the Female Sword Spirit)

Also, pfft, yup Healing Wand egos aren't good weapons.
    It wasn't about that, though. Sometimes, it's just nice to have something like that for reasons.
    If anything, spirit transfer is way easier, and completely loss-less (spirit level-wise) after the update so if it comes down to it, you could just temporarily move the spirit over to the other weapon we want to play with.

I guess if I can't have a wand AND a staff then...
    Maybe a Chain, Staff, and uh...
    Maybe Shuriken or Control Bar. Or Cylinder.
    Darn, I wanted my wand and staff. :C
    Kaga
  • SherriSherri
    Mabinogi Rep: 18,615
    edited October 28, 2019
    I was thinking of...
    Cutthroat Chain Blade
    Tikka Wood Healing Wand
    Celtic Druid Staff

Wooow that's really stupid, I've really wanted a healing wand/staff combo.. but this does give me an idea, but I'll have to somehow get my hands on that one staff that heals.. Celtic Guardian was it?
    Kaga
  • HelsaHelsa
    edited October 29, 2019
    Maybe it's to avoid duel wielding duel ego broad swords? Kinda funny that no one mensioned this earlier as a personal multi ego weapon goal.
  • MaiaMaia
    Maybe it's to avoid duel wielding duel ego broad swords? Kinda funny that no one mensioned this earlier as a personal multi ego weapon goal.

Why would anyone want an ego broadsword? This isn't g9. 1h swords in general are pretty dead and buried anyway. I'm not sure if dual ego swords would've even made them more viable than a decked out 2h sword. Doubt it. Erg on a 2h is just too OP.
  • Gaby5011Gaby5011
    Mabinogi Rep: 5,965
    edited October 29, 2019

Why would anyone want an ego broadsword? This isn't g9. 1h swords in general are pretty dead and buried anyway. I'm not sure if dual ego swords would've even made them more viable than a decked out 2h sword. Doubt it. Erg on a 2h is just too OP.

You could ego two CRKs though. Well not really, but imagine!
  • MaiaMaia
    edited October 29, 2019
    I would think the defensive and offensive properties of an erg/ego'd divine blade or something would be better than even two CRKs maxed out. Plus even if you could, it'd waste two of your ego slots. I'm sure a lot of people would do it anyway though, if it was possible. I wish they would add shield ego/erg though. Even just one of those. Shields just aren't viable for humans/elves and even giants don't rock them all the time.
  • LutetiumLutetium
    Mabinogi Rep: 3,605
    You guys won't be able to have two of the same ego "type," just to let you know if this hasn't already been mentioned (didn't see it but also didn't look very hard). 1h sword and 2h sword are both in the close combat category. Staff and wand also share the same magic category.

I'm not sure where you saw that but it's incorrect;

You can very clearly see in this video they have both an ego Druid Staff and at 30 seconds in pull out their ego Tribolt Wand. It is however true that you can't have two egos of the same type of weapon, eg two staff sword egos or two 1 handed sword or blunt egos, but you can infact have a staff+wand, 2h sword+2h axe+1h hammer, etc.

Another example here of that specific configuration (though he doesn't equip the 2h sword or 2h axe you can see them in other videos or streams on his channel), the player is using an ego 1h blunt but you can see the ego sword awakening skill icon on his F9 hotkey as well as the axe awakening on 0 at 6 seconds.
    Now for my answer the question of the thread; Day one I'll be moving my current ego from a Fire Wand to my Celtic Druid Staff for quick clearing the Sidhe fish and general lower tier content like shadow missions with chain cast Fireballs, but also for the 1 second Hailstorm charges to deal with Sidhe's bone dragon midbosses.
    Second and Third egos I will temporary use for my Hellfire Cylinder and Celtic Royal Warrior Axe, mostly just to level them preemptively for moving to Revenant Insight Cylinder and Perseus Tormented Knuckles when I get the time to grind out the materials without 20 fishing events and a dungeon drop rate event running simultaneously.

Cylinder ego is a given for me since I have a Flame Burst duration 15 helm and gloves with Flame Burst range 17+Spinning Slasher range 11. Since one of the Cylinder ego's passive skills removes the delay between re-firing for Water Cannon and another cuts the total time of casting Rain Cast to 5 seconds from 10 I'll have to move over from a Flame Rider set to a Cressida set eventually to fully take advantage of that. Between those reforges and the bonuses from ego and erg level 50 Alchemy can clear even the current endgame content's normal spawns quite effectively despite imbalances between prot and mprot, although Water Cannon does fall off in effectiveness against bosses, especially avalon purification and field raids but those cases bring me to my third choice;

Knuckle ego, since I main a Giant boss damage single target dps weapons and skills are quite lacking coming down to the high cooldown Frenzy (way of the gun) or the
    agonizingly slow ramp up and unaffected by attack speed enhancements Final Strike. On their own Perseus Tormented Knuckles make fighter a pretty viable single target dps option, with the 50% cooldown reset on critical chance and bonus 65% combo mastery multiplier, stacking additively with Giant's basic 40% from rank 1 and the massive 100% from erg 50. Ego further enhances all that damage by boosting the execution speed of stage 2 and 3 combos by 1.5x as well as having a 10% on hit chance to inflict at 15 def/10 prot debuff for 30 seconds, with the final icing on the cake being Knuckle ego coming with the highest (tied with Atlatl ego) max damage based awakening having a basic 3000% and massive max potential 5100% damage.

Something worth considering is transferring egos has been massively simplified and can be done at any time anywhere with no level loss so long as you have the correct items handy and you do not lose weapons the spirit leaves anymore. There is a gold cost to reset the ego's skills which is required before transferring but the new system has much more freedom for changing egos between weapons so you aren't so locked into your initial choices.
  • KensamaofmariKensamaofmari
    Mabinogi Rep: 34,745
    Three egos...
    threegos
    Three Amigos?
    IyasenuRadiant DawnDarkpixie99
  • HelsaHelsa

Broad sword was just a filler. If everything was about max damage and nothing else, we wouldn't have the ability to ego a wooden stick.
  • HeleoHeleo
    Mabinogi Rep: 820
    Staff, Cylinder and 2Handed Sword(this just for more max damage)
  • KagaKaga
    Mabinogi Rep: 5,170
    Staff, wand and chains.