Check out all of the details of this month's Patch Notes, featuring the 16th Anniversary and VIP Renewal Update! https://mabinogi.nexon.net/news/90098/16th-anniversary-and-vip-renewal-patch-notes-march-14th
[NEW MILLETIANS] Please note that all new forum users have to be approved before posting. This process can take up to 24 hours, and we appreciate your patience.
If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the Nexon Forums Code of Conduct. You have to register before you can post, so you can log in or create a forum name above to proceed. Thank you for your visit!

Updated Beauty Coupon/Character Appearance System

SherriSherri
Mabinogi Rep: 18,615
edited September 5, 2019 in Feedback and Suggestions
Hello! So when I was doing the 2019 Mabinogi Player Survey, I came up with a good update for how the Beauty Coupon/Appearance menu that both the players and Nexon would agree with.
Instead of the hair/eye/etc. storage coupon in the Cash Shop, I was thinking of a system kind of like this; when accessing the Appearance Change Menu in the Dressing room or Rebirth Menu, there could be a separate area with slots. Each slot would be a space to save our characters appearance (eyes, hair, face, etc.). It would also tell us what gender we'd need to be to change to a certain appearance.
We'd get two tabs by default (was thinking one for each gender, but I guess someone could save the same gender appearances for both) and we can buy more with Pon or NX.
I guess the biggest thing I could compare this system to is the system in MapleStory where we can save hair and face styles and change back using Meso, as well as buying more slots with NX.

It would, if anything, bring more money for Nexon and we'd also get to save appearances we like. Win-win situation, no?

Tell me what you all think!
Thanks for reading!

IGN: Mizuli
Server: Nao (Formerly Mari)
KikaishixSho76Darkpixie99Splinkersol92189

Comments

• KikaishiKikaishi
    Mabinogi Rep: 800
    Oh... I really like the sound of that.
  • IyasenuIyasenu
    Mabinogi Rep: 24,265
    It's definitely preferable to what they have now.

I'd still prefer it if using a beauty coupon just straight-up unlocked that beauty option for you forever, but this is also a good thing to have.
    theAlphaMelonSherrisol92189
  • SherriSherri
    Iyasenu wrote: »
    It's definitely preferable to what they have now.

I'd still prefer it if using a beauty coupon just straight-up unlocked that beauty option for you forever, but this is also a good thing to have.

I'd like this alternative much more, but I was thinking (hoping) my idea would be considered more because it leaves us with a much better alternative to storage coupons and Nexon would make plenty of $$$
    Even if it's not enough to satisfy them, then they could pull the usual 'Cash Shop limited time' strategy (which I also wouldn't like but oh well :c)
    Or maybe bump up the price of the tabs too. I'd rather pay extra for this where I can change appearances whenever I pleased compared to 6$ for a one time coupon

I know I'd definitely purchase a few tabs if I had the NX/Pon on me.
  • SebastianSebastian
    Mabinogi Rep: 6,870
    I'm surprised nobody has suggested something like this before. Huh.

I really like this.
    Sherri
  • AkruzalAkruzal
    Mabinogi Rep: 500
    I'd also on top of this, propose something similar to the item appearance scrolls, they should have just made the Fate stay scrolls a cash shop item that could be used with any weapon to create an image scroll to change another weapons appearance. maybe 500-1000nx per scroll.
  • SherriSherri
    Sebastian wrote: »
    I'm surprised nobody has suggested something like this before. Huh.

I really like this.

Yup, especially with all the complaining about the beauty coupon system. :c
  • SherriSherri
    bump for more to see this idea!

• Darkpixie99Darkpixie99
    Mabinogi Rep: 8,660
    edited October 7, 2019
    Would love to also see Mannequins for The Homestead House. (Similar in function to Maplestory 2)
    Hopefully they can also be customize-able with Beauty Shop Pon choices, or the Free option to be a Doppleganger of our character.
    Sherri
  • SherriSherri
    is this bump illegal?
    Would love to also see Mannequins for The Homestead House. (Similar in function to Maplestory 2)
    Hopefully they can also be customize-able with Beauty Shop Pon choices, or the Free option to be a Doppleganger of our character.

Ooh I'd love the mannequin idea, since it would double as a decor! :O Decorating would get so much better!
  • Darkpixie99Darkpixie99
    Mabinogi Rep: 8,660
    Going to quote myself here on additonal QOL:
    Would be nice if VIP users could change to any and all Dressing Room customization options entirely for free at any time during VIP subscription. (Including the Beauty Coupon and Premium options.)
    I think such an option would be a very nice incentive for fashionogi enthusiasts to invest in the VIP service.
  • NinzerkerNinzerker
    Mabinogi Rep: 1,640
    edited October 31, 2019
    Or alternatively:
    Add a Pon price to every option.
    Add an elevated price to permanently unlock options
    Coupons auto unlock permanent options

Currently prices change depending on what your changing:
    Face, Eye, Mouth and Hair Types cost 5 (10 Faces, 163 eyes, 96 mouths, 126 hairs)
    Hair and Eye color costs 3 (40 hair color 41 eye colors)
    Skin Tone is free

Taking into account current pon prices: 1 Pon = $0.10 after converting from $ to NX to Pon even at a no increase in pon price to permanently unlock will potentially pull in up to $222 just to unlock all the currently available options for a female elf. Even higher should they drop the racial exclusive appearance options as well. At what might be an agreeable x3 times increase in Pon price that could go as high as $650.40 per person, and depending on if they limit it from account or from character could reach ridiculous amounts for such minimal work

But instead, they will most likely keep the way things have been. With people rarely if ever changing their appearances, besides specific events of course.

Note: These prices are a long term price mark, not meant to be a lump sum. For example, new gacha is launched every 2 weeks, and if you were to buy 10 gacha each time it changed you'd have a price mark of $780 by the end of a full years time
    Darkpixie99