Check out all of the details of this month's Patch Notes, featuring the 16th Anniversary and VIP Renewal Update! https://mabinogi.nexon.net/news/90098/16th-anniversary-and-vip-renewal-patch-notes-march-14th
[NEW MILLETIANS] Please note that all new forum users have to be approved before posting. This process can take up to 24 hours, and we appreciate your patience.
If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the Nexon Forums Code of Conduct. You have to register before you can post, so you can log in or create a forum name above to proceed. Thank you for your visit!
Closed

Should We Allow Men To Play As Female Characters?

Comments

• MarchionessMarchioness
    Mabinogi Rep: 975
    whoever looks cooler....u will be played as
    KensamaofmariLeinei
  • HelsaHelsa
    Mabinogi Rep: 23,380
    PumpkinRio wrote: »
    You do know that girls also like to make their own eye candy and make a guy character right? Nothing wrong with playing the opposite gender, it doesn't hurt anybody. Let people do what they want.

Mabinogi: Barbie for Men, G.I. Joe for Girls!
    Kensamaofmari
  • PlatinaKokiPlatinaKoki
    Mabinogi Rep: 7,760
    edited November 1, 2019
    So, after much studying and midterms, I am in a bit of a quite downtime to enjoy this Fall, so I am bored between studying. Without further ado, let me ask you a completely insane and stupid question. Should we allow male players to play as female characters?

Now, I know what you are thinking: "Bliss, you have balls, yet play as one of the most ignorant people in all of Erinn". To that I say thank you, and shut up.

Half of the playerbase plays characters of the opposite gender. If you have a problem, tough titties.
    It's ok, soon the whole world will become AI and androids.

Well, etymologically speaking, androids are robots that look like dudes, and gynoids are robots that look like dudettes. :p

"Android" 18.
    latest?cb=20130318124126
    KensamaofmariBlissfulkillSherri
  • JJJJ
    Mabinogi Rep: 5,400
    How would this even be enforced? On account creation would we need to send photographic proof to Nexon of our... gender?
    I've rebirthed between different genders quite a few times, it's much fun. I also enjoy seeing people debate with each other about what my true gender is, all while I hint to different genders to get the argument to become more entertaining.
    Leinei
  • KensamaofmariKensamaofmari
    Mabinogi Rep: 34,745
    JJ wrote: »
    How would this even be enforced? On account creation would we need to send photographic proof to Nexon of our... gender?
    I've rebirthed between different genders quite a few times, it's much fun. I also enjoy seeing people debate with each other about what my true gender is, all while I hint to different genders to get the argument to become more entertaining.

It is near impossible to enforce because many people lie about their identity on the world wide web.
  • SherriSherri
    Mabinogi Rep: 18,615
    You do know that girls also like to make their own eye candy and make a guy character right? Nothing wrong with playing the opposite gender, it doesn't hurt anybody. Let people do what they want.
    Exactly!
    I have a female and a male character that I play a lot on and I definitely agree. I say this constantly; who the heck cares?
    I don't care what gender someone makes their character (I assume everyone is male anyway until said otherwise) and at the same time I don't really care for those who wanna be called some Mega Galactic Fruit Loop as their pronoun, I DON'T CARE. (pronouns are a freaking stupid idea anyway, sick of hearing people rant about not being called said Mega Galactic Fruit Loop)
    Sherri wrote: »
    Exactly!
    I have a female and a male character that I play a lot on and I definitely agree. I say this constantly; who the heck cares?
    I don't care what gender someone makes their character (I assume everyone is male anyway until said otherwise) and at the same time I don't really care for those who wanna be called some Mega Galactic Fruit Loop as their pronoun, I DON'T CARE. (pronouns are a freaking stupid idea anyway, sick of hearing people rant about not being called said Mega Galactic Fruit Loop)

The Milletian has spoken!
  • BlissfulkillBlissfulkill
    Mabinogi Rep: 24,425
    edited November 1, 2019
    So, after much studying and midterms, I am in a bit of a quite downtime to enjoy this Fall, so I am bored between studying. Without further ado, let me ask you a completely insane and stupid question. Should we allow male players to play as female characters?

Now, I know what you are thinking: "Bliss, you have balls, yet play as one of the most ignorant people in all of Erinn". To that I say thank you, and shut up.

Half of the playerbase plays characters of the opposite gender. If you have a problem, tough titties.
    It's ok, soon the whole world will become AI and androids.

Well, etymologically speaking, androids are robots that look like dudes, and gynoids are robots that look like dudettes. :p

"Android" 18.
    latest?cb=20130318124126

You do realize I am trying to rile people up for my own amusement, correct? That's why my introduction is that, as I play a female elf despite having balls.

JUST SAYING...the forums could use a bit more action, ya know what I mean?
  • HabimaruHabimaru
    Mabinogi Rep: 3,630
    The so-called powers-that-be don't want you peons and plebeians talking about anything truthful amongst one another. You will just get censored, the threads would be locked if not out-right deleted, and on-line forums just no longer have the «populations» that they once did for any kind of high-activity traffic these days... rather... unimportant things get promoted to the point of have millions of views whilst critical-issues that affect everyone's livelihoods get swept under the rug or is presented via the so-called «news» (*cough*propaganda*cough*) outlets. You may as well make a Dance-Video of your Character showing off «moves» if you want more «views» action...
  • AlshianAlshian
    Mabinogi Rep: 7,065
    edited November 1, 2019
    The more I look at this...the more feminist this looks. (Even though your a male.)

Just play a game how you like following the rules and you be fine...something like this is just flat out plain stupid. c:

Besides...You have loads of Korean games with genderlocked classes, would it mean we have to ban players who just wanted to be a class but can't because its female? -poof-
  • HelsaHelsa
    You do realize I am trying to rile people up for my own amusement, correct? That's why my introduction is that, as I play a female elf despite having balls.

Pft. This is internet. You say that like it matters!
    Wolfsinger
  • CrimsọnCrimsọn
    Mabinogi Rep: 65,165
    This threads existence angers me.

I'm certainly triggered and I'm not even a liberal. :smirk:
  • HelsaHelsa
    Crims wrote: »

Beware the Red Witch of Appalachia.
    Wolfsinger
  • CrimsọnCrimsọn
    Helsa wrote: »

I'll add that new nick name to my vast collection. :)
  • HelsaHelsa

Oh, I knew you'd like that one.
  • CrimsọnCrimsọn

Oh, I knew you'd like that one.

melisandre-the-red-hipster-priest-from-ass-amp-039-hai_o_3517625.webp
    Alshian wrote: »
    The more I look at this...the more feminist this looks. (Even though your a male.)

Just play a game how you like following the rules and you be fine...something like this is just flat out plain stupid. c:

Besides...You have loads of Korean games with genderlocked classes, would it mean we have to ban players who just wanted to be a class but can't because its female? -poof-

Vindictus.
  • BlissfulkillBlissfulkill
    Mabinogi Rep: 24,425

Everyone's triggered by stupidity. Ya ain't special Crims. YA AIN'T SPECIAL.

Men can be feminists, and it would be foolish to acknowledge there isn't an issue concerning female character/female player harassment. That being said, it just comes with the territory, and as long as the moderators here enforce the rules on harassment and such, and people have thick enough skin, then that's all that can be done.

Me? I just hate incels and people who act like dogs. Misogynistic, sex obsessed losers, but so does literally everyone else with a certain amount of decency.

It isn't meant to be serious but tongue in cheek. The very nature of my arguments are purposely constructed to be poor to mock a certain pathetic mindset. People in general shouldn't think this way.
    VeylaineWolfsinger

Everyone's triggered by stupidity. Ya ain't special Crims. YA AIN'T SPECIAL.

Men can be feminists, and it would be foolish to acknowledge there isn't an issue concerning female character/female player harassment. That being said, it just comes with the territory, and as long as the moderators here enforce the rules on harassment and such, and people have thick enough skin, then that's all that can be done.

Me? I just hate incels and people who act like dogs. Misogynistic, sex obsessed losers, but so does literally everyone else with a certain amount of decency.

It isn't meant to be serious but tongue in cheek. The very nature of my arguments are purposely constructed to be poor to mock a certain pathetic mindset. People in general shouldn't think this way.

Decency is a lacking this day and age.
    Wolfsinger
  • ookieookie
    Mabinogi Rep: 1,925
    next you'll be wanting to ban Fomors masquerading as Milletians .....then how will i be able to ...uhhh....oops, scratch that....totally a Milletian ...no Fomorians here....tee hee
    HabimaruBlissfulkillSherri
This discussion has been closed.