Check out all of the details of this month's Patch Notes, featuring the Mini-games + Quality of Life Update! https://mabinogi.nexon.net/news/91106/mini-games-quality-of-life-update-patch-notes-april-11th
[NEW MILLETIANS] Please note that all new forum users have to be approved before posting. This process can take up to 24 hours, and we appreciate your patience.
If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the Nexon Forums Code of Conduct. You have to register before you can post, so you can log in or create a forum name above to proceed. Thank you for your visit!

Rafting needs a SERIOUS Re-Vamp !

HabimaruHabimaru
Mabinogi Rep: 3,630
in General Chat
Yes it does ! I'm sure everyone will agree !
  1. Rafting needs a SERIOUS Re-Vamp !13 votes
    1. Yes it does !
       54% (7 votes)
    2. Yes it does !
       8% (1 vote)
    3. Yes it does !
       0% (0 votes)
    4. Yes it does !
       38% (5 votes)

Comments

• AlshianAlshian
    Mabinogi Rep: 7,065
    Id want a 5th option "Yes it does !".
    pawcalypseWolfsingerRadiant Dawn
  • GretaGreta
    Mabinogi Rep: 51,805
    Was about to take this thread seriously until i saw that stupid poll.
    Wolfsinger
  • GypsySpiritGypsySpirit
    Mabinogi Rep: 2,340
    edited November 3, 2019
    I seriously agree with this, I'm tired of trying to move around the raft only to get stuck while goblins are left alive. What was once a nice leisurely adventure quest turned into an annoying thing with bleh rewards.
  • HabimaruHabimaru
    Mabinogi Rep: 3,630
    What...!? That's being pollist ! Or what-ever that word is used to describe discrimination against polls...! What did that poll ever do to you!?
    Anyway, just because it was a short initial post, due to me not wanting to stay awake for too much longer writing it up at the time that I did, and, thus, not apparently «professionally» enough formatted & worded for your tastes, does not mean that Rafting does not have any SERIOUS issues, e.g.:

→ Who in the world thought that it would be a good idea to change the mechanics of the hobgoblins so that they could STILL JUMP ONTO YOUR RAFT EVEN AFTER YOU'VE HIT THEM WITH A FULL CHARGE OF THUNDER!? Even when hitting them a second time it's often a glitch-fest ! WHY DID I EVEN WASTE MY TIME TAKING THE TIME AND EFFORT TO FULL-CAST A BUNCH OF THUNDER-CHARGES WHEN LANDING THE SPELL IS NOT EVEN GOING TO DO ANY DAMAGES TO WHAT ARE SUPPOSED TO BE «WEAKEST» LEVEL TARGETS!? =O (This sort of thing used to NEVER happen before by the way, but, apparently, must have been some sort of «nerf» to Milletians to discourage people from even bothering with Rafting in some long ago past update, and, in this day-and-age, I see literally NO reason to bother with it any more unless you're purposely letting your «time» go to waste and be used inefficiently; one may as well just buy a bunch of different computers and be logged in with multiple simultaneous accounts just to go AFK for AFK-Events and that would still be a better use of being logged in than to «waste» it on that glitch-fest [particularly against Thunder] known as Rafting)
    → Elven-Archery aims FAR TOO SLOWLY to have any kind of useful reliability or reliable usefulness (miss, miss, miss, miss, miss, out-of-range, etc)
    → It's SLOW AS MOLASSES and hasn't kept up with all of the content-updates, and, like mentioned by Mabi6, the rewards are a TERRIBLE INVESTMENT OF TIME... I may as well just keep joining those Shadow-Wizard Elite-Spam Groups and using up a lot of Shadow-Crystals to get a MUCH QUICKER amount of Gold that I can then use to buy that WAY OVER-PRICED NPC garbage to try and Rank up any Synthesis Rank above 6 rather than «wasting» the time that it takes to collect enough stars to obtain sufficient Tipping Suits for trying to skill-up Synthesis.
    → Gaining «Exploration» levels from it is also EXTREMELY INEFFICIENT compared to other ways and methods of maxing out Exploration.
    → Adventurer-Seals per «time-investment» is also severely lacking in comparison to gathering Adventurer-Seals via other methods.

Over-all, that section of the map has, for the most part, essentially become a «waste of [server] space» for «content» that could use a «proper update» (they did it with old content, such as shortening the length of time that it used to take to complete Generations 1-14, the «Dungeons» got a so-called «Revamp» [more like they sort of «broke it» so that we can no longer enter with a full PT of 8 Milletians], and even Milletians themselves now «insta-load» skill-abilities with cool-down-times... rather than the original/traditional battle-mechanic of skills having load-times before they've completely loaded, etc).

And there are already several people in the polls who agree that Rafting SERIOUSLY needs a Re-Vamp ! =o
    Greta wrote: »
  • GypsySpiritGypsySpirit
    Mabinogi Rep: 2,340
    Habimaru, don't feed into the negativity, you'll only give fuel to the people who are always on the forums complaining about everything when they can just at least try to learn the basic " if you don't have anything good to say then don't say it". So you have to be the bigger person and ignore or come up with a more positive comment otherwise you'll end up with someone practically treating the forums like a angry text message rant.
    Darkpixie99WolfsingerKaga
  • Darkpixie99Darkpixie99
    Mabinogi Rep: 8,660
    edited November 3, 2019
    I have to find the poll a bit hilarious, as the system is rather outdated in terms of modern features.
    It still works about the same as ever, but probably could use that coat of fresh paint.
    Yet it also has the sense of realism where- one wrong move on the raft, or one low stat, and you're falling off the edge of the waterfall.
    It'd be nice to keep that little charm with new mini-game style effects, but still make it feel rewarding and like the original.
    GypsySpiritKaga
  • HelsaHelsa
    Mabinogi Rep: 23,380
    Since I'm tall, for now, I'd settle for opening up archery skills to atlatl, as a rafting/ballooning update.
  • KensamaofmariKensamaofmari
    Mabinogi Rep: 34,745
    edited November 4, 2019
    Alshian wrote: »
    Id want a 5th option "Yes it does !".

I want a 6th option Does it? yes
    Habimaru wrote: »
    What...!? That's being pollist ! Or what-ever that word is used to describe discrimination against polls...! What did that poll ever do to you!?
    Anyway, just because it was a short initial post, due to me not wanting to stay awake for too much longer writing it up at the time that I did, and, thus, not apparently «professionally» enough formatted & worded for your tastes, does not mean that Rafting does not have any SERIOUS issues, e.g.:

→ Who in the world thought that it would be a good idea to change the mechanics of the hobgoblins so that they could STILL JUMP ONTO YOUR RAFT EVEN AFTER YOU'VE HIT THEM WITH A FULL CHARGE OF THUNDER!? Even when hitting them a second time it's often a glitch-fest ! WHY DID I EVEN WASTE MY TIME TAKING THE TIME AND EFFORT TO FULL-CAST A BUNCH OF THUNDER-CHARGES WHEN LANDING THE SPELL IS NOT EVEN GOING TO DO ANY DAMAGES TO WHAT ARE SUPPOSED TO BE «WEAKEST» LEVEL TARGETS!? =O (This sort of thing used to NEVER happen before by the way, but, apparently, must have been some sort of «nerf» to Milletians to discourage people from even bothering with Rafting in some long ago past update, and, in this day-and-age, I see literally NO reason to bother with it any more unless you're purposely letting your «time» go to waste and be used inefficiently; one may as well just buy a bunch of different computers and be logged in with multiple simultaneous accounts just to go AFK for AFK-Events and that would still be a better use of being logged in than to «waste» it on that glitch-fest [particularly against Thunder] known as Rafting)
    → Elven-Archery aims FAR TOO SLOWLY to have any kind of useful reliability or reliable usefulness (miss, miss, miss, miss, miss, out-of-range, etc)
    → It's SLOW AS MOLASSES and hasn't kept up with all of the content-updates, and, like mentioned by Mabi6, the rewards are a TERRIBLE INVESTMENT OF TIME... I may as well just keep joining those Shadow-Wizard Elite-Spam Groups and using up a lot of Shadow-Crystals to get a MUCH QUICKER amount of Gold that I can then use to buy that WAY OVER-PRICED NPC garbage to try and Rank up any Synthesis Rank above 6 rather than «wasting» the time that it takes to collect enough stars to obtain sufficient Tipping Suits for trying to skill-up Synthesis.
    → Gaining «Exploration» levels from it is also EXTREMELY INEFFICIENT compared to other ways and methods of maxing out Exploration.
    → Adventurer-Seals per «time-investment» is also severely lacking in comparison to gathering Adventurer-Seals via other methods.

Over-all, that section of the map has, for the most part, essentially become a «waste of [server] space» for «content» that could use a «proper update» (they did it with old content, such as shortening the length of time that it used to take to complete Generations 1-14, the «Dungeons» got a so-called «Revamp» [more like they sort of «broke it» so that we can no longer enter with a full PT of 8 Milletians], and even Milletians themselves now «insta-load» skill-abilities with cool-down-times... rather than the original/traditional battle-mechanic of skills having load-times before they've completely loaded, etc).

And there are already several people in the polls who agree that Rafting SERIOUSLY needs a Re-Vamp ! =o
    Greta wrote: »

A faulty poll is still a faulty poll.