Check out all of the details of this month's Patch Notes, featuring the 16th Anniversary and VIP Renewal Update! https://mabinogi.nexon.net/news/90098/16th-anniversary-and-vip-renewal-patch-notes-march-14th
[NEW MILLETIANS] Please note that all new forum users have to be approved before posting. This process can take up to 24 hours, and we appreciate your patience.
If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the Nexon Forums Code of Conduct. You have to register before you can post, so you can log in or create a forum name above to proceed. Thank you for your visit!
Closed

Should We Allow Men To Play As Female Characters?

Comments

• SherriSherri
    Mabinogi Rep: 18,615
    Crims wrote: »
    Sherri wrote: »
    This threads existence angers me.

I'm certainly triggered and I'm not even a liberal. :smirk:

I just dislike when people start crap on purpose like this.
    It's freaking common sense that people can play as whatever the flying Hell they want to.
    It's 2019, people. :(
    Radiant DawnBlissfulkill
  • SytrieSytrie
    Mabinogi Rep: 1,175
    I have been making fun of this but i'm with you,

We should add something to make it perfectly precise.

If your real self is uglier than your character, you should be banned, because even when you match genders, you cannot completely know if that person looks like that in real life, which is deceiving in some way.

Looks like we need grade SSS Dictatorship in mabinogi

I vote yes, probly my last vote before dictatorship arrives!
  • SaiSai
    Mabinogi Rep: 8,785
    edited November 3, 2019
    But.. As a weeb, I design my Mabi characters based on anime characters rather than myself.
    36zybLm.png
    Radiant Dawn
  • SqueeSquee
    Mabinogi Rep: 1,565
    So, after much studying and midterms, I am in a bit of a quite downtime to enjoy this Fall, so I am bored between studying. Without further ado, let me ask you a completely insane and stupid question. Should we allow male players to play as female characters?

Now, I know what you are thinking: "Bliss, you have balls, yet play as one of the most beautiful elves in all of Erinn". To that I say thank you, and shut up.

Now, back to the topic.

It is no secret that Mabinogi has a rather large population of female players, but we also know this can create an atmosphere of fear and expectations for the males playing. What if this beautiful female elf named Blissfulkill is really a guy player? Aren't they deceiving me with that beautiful elven swagger? I wouldn't have helped them or talk to them for 5 hours if they weren't female. Give me my time back!

Or, how about those who wish to court young beautiful female giants with gifts. How are we suppose to court such beautiful individuals not knowing their actual sex? "Gasp! What if this person I am giving 100 million gold to out of the blue is a goddamn guy? It's not like I can ask them!"

Or how about simply falling in love with a female elf you find, AFKING in Dunbarton, near Caravan Joe, with their Coats and Dresses and Swimsuits. Only to be completely heartbroken that the other person on the other side of the screen is...a guy! It'll be akin to that April Fool's Joke where we all dated Ferghus.

So, my question to you is this: Should we allow Men to play as Female Characters, or should we make it against the TOS and ban anyone who breaks this rule?

Talk away!

You must be new to MMOs. Get used to that happening a lot. I know I'm a little biased as well since I'm a guy that plays as a girl, but honestly, this is not something they will ever do. It would generate way too much outcry for limiting us to one gender based on who we are. And at that point, then someone could just change their gender in their account.

I think someone else said it best too: It would pretty much ruin the player base and half of us would be gone. Not only that, but this game cannot afford to lose anymore of it's player base or this game is gonna go in the trash for Nexon. Player base is already lower than it's been in a long time, and you want to remove it even more? Good luck getting the devs to agree that even if it were a good idea.
  • KensamaofmariKensamaofmari
    Mabinogi Rep: 34,745
    ookie wrote: »
    next you'll be wanting to ban Fomors masquerading as Milletians .....then how will i be able to ...uhhh....oops, scratch that....totally a Milletian ...no Fomorians here....tee hee

Fomors have had it rough since the Millietan showed up.
  • TrythisTrythis
    Mabinogi Rep: 2,170
    edited November 4, 2019
    @Squee it's satirical, even if you get didn't those vibes from the OP, if you read beyond the first post they later clarified it wasn't literally serious and they intentionly mock the people portrayed in this post.
  • HabimaruHabimaru
    Mabinogi Rep: 3,630
    edited November 4, 2019
    «Excuse me, it's MA'AM!» -A "meme" that was even turned into a "remix" video that probably can't be posted here because of "language"...however...

«How dare you !» ...this one can ! ;O

Disclaimer/Off-Topic : The research/analysis that I have done leaves me to conclude that all of those so-called «natural-disasters» are not from so-called «climate-change» nor «human-production of CO₂», but, rather, from literal weather-control technology/weaponry that's been weaponised, for which literal patents exist which detail how to «control the weather» and the fact that there's even a literal document from the «military» itself, open and available to the general public, with the name/title... Owning the Weather by 2025
    Liberate
  • KeiyomaKeiyoma
    Mabinogi Rep: 1,555
    Habimaru wrote: »
    Disclaimer/Off-Topic : The research/analysis that I have done leaves me to conclude that all of those so-called «natural-disasters» are not from so-called «climate-change» nor «human-production of CO₂», but, rather, from literal weather-control technology/weaponry that's been weaponised, for which literal patents exist which detail how to «control the weather» and the fact that there's even a literal document from the «military» itself, open and available to the general public, with the name/title... Owning the Weather by 2025

Literally what?
    Huh?
    Are you okay?
    Are you in the wrong place?
    AquasolDraech
  • BlissfulkillBlissfulkill
    Mabinogi Rep: 24,425
    Please close this thread. It has gone in a direction that I have not intended.
    Veylaine
  • HelsaHelsa
    Mabinogi Rep: 23,380
    Keiyoma wrote: »

Literally what?
    Huh?
    Are you okay?

This is a 90º turn in topic, with a new contentious topic. Whether it is an attempt to make a statement about the original poster "playing around" with sensitive issues or whether this is an attempt to start genuine discord remains to be seen.
  • KeiyomaKeiyoma
    Helsa wrote: »

Literally what?
    Huh?
    Are you okay?

This is a 90º turn in topic, with a new contentious topic. Whether it is an attempt to make a statement about the original poster "playing around" with sensitive issues or whether this is an attempt to start genuine discord remains to be seen.

Half the posts on this thread are a turn in topic. I chose to poke fun at one of the more out there posts, not incite discord.

Literally what?
    Huh?
    Are you okay?

It's MabiHabi/Habimaru. Most consider him a smarmy, nutty conspiracy theorist, myself included.
    VeylaineDraech
  • HabimaruHabimaru
    The topic-question itself is a contentious one that had stemmed from the OP's frustration at how so-called «incels» interact with him.
    I only put the disclaimer, not to raise contentions, but, because I just do not agree with all of what «Greta» is promoting, and would not find it in «good conscience» for me to promote what I perceive as a «deception» being used as an «opportunity» for certain modern-day «scribes» (i.e.: lawyers/legistlators) to «tax» everyone for breathing air.

Anyway, the «Excuse me, it's MA'AM !» meme is appropriate for topic, something which an image instead of a video would probably suffice...
    excuse-me-it-is-maam-im-sorry-sir-it-is-39202285.png

Liberate
  • KeiyomaKeiyoma
    edited November 4, 2019

Literally what?
    Huh?
    Are you okay?

It's MabiHabi/Habimaru. Most consider him a smarmy, nutty conspiracy theorist, myself included.

Well, it's not Pan, that's a win.
    The topic-question itself is a contentious one that had stemmed from the OP's frustration at how so-called «incels» interact with him.
    I only put the disclaimer, not to raise contentions, but, because I just do not agree with all of what «Greta» is promoting, and would not find it in «good conscience» for me to promote what I perceive as a «deception» being used as an «opportunity» for certain modern-day «scribes» (i.e.: lawyers/legistlators) to «tax» everyone for breathing air.

Anyway, the «Excuse me, it's MA'AM !» meme is appropriate for topic, something which an image instead of a video would probably suffice...

How is a meme which pokes fun at transgender people related to a satirical topic about how some people get angry at others for playing the gender that doesn't match their own?
  • SytrieSytrie
    Mabinogi Rep: 1,175
    How is a meme which pokes fun at transgender people related to a satirical topic about how some people get angry at others for playing the gender that doesn't match their own?

relation calculating between :

Object : A meme that pokes fun at transgender people
    Target : A topic about some people getting angry at others for playing the gender that doesn't match their own

relation calculated.
    Result : 96% related Congratulations
    edited November 4, 2019

Literally what?
    Huh?
    Are you okay?

Well, it's not Pan, that's a win.

I consider narcissistic folks who posture themselves as superior in rationality despite relying on sophistry, doing so in an attempt to self validate themselves to spread their insipid paranoia, to be far worst than any troll. This "I know something the rest of you fools do not" is tiring and juvenile; it is also symptomatic of mental health issues that need to be critically addressed at one of these so called "institutions of indoctrination" in order for them to step down from their grandiose soapbox.

That's all I will say on this matter. It's not like he singlehandedly ruined this thread

@Aquasol
    VeylaineDraechWolfsinger
  • KeiyomaKeiyoma
    Sytrie wrote: »

relation calculating between :

Object : A meme that pokes fun at transgender people
    Target : A topic about some people getting angry at others for playing the gender that doesn't match their own

relation calculated.
    Result : 96% related Congratulations

This doesn't even make any sense.
    Making fun of trans people does not = anger at Traps.
  • HelsaHelsa
    Mabinogi Rep: 23,380
    edited November 4, 2019

Literally what?
    Huh?
    Are you okay?

Half the posts on this thread are a turn in topic. I chose to poke fun at one of the more out there posts, not incite discord.
    I was answering your questions, about whom you were reacting to, rather than reacting to your posts existence. Sorry, I thought it was obvious; my bad.
    In other news

Place your bets on whom will be first to cite InfoWars as a reliable news source.

Kensamaofmari
  • TrythisTrythis
    Mabinogi Rep: 2,170
    @Helsa. Habimaru will but not before they claim the sexuality of amphibians changing.
  • HabimaruHabimaru
    How is it «making fun» of «trans» as you call it ? And wasn't the OP trying to «make fun» of so-called traps or, rather, the «incels» as they are called ? The definition of «incel» apparently includes the word «involuntary» but «contempt» is and has already been expressed towards the so-called «incels» even though «involuntary» is indicative of a word that indicates that it's somehow «not their fault» due to their conditions being involuntary ? Why would you or anybody make fun of or get angry at those who apparently cannot help themselves be what they are ? I'm only pointing out some of the «trends» that have apparently become a part of so-called society, and, speaking of so-called traps...
    e5a.png
    This doesn't even make any sense.
    Making fun of trans people does not = anger at Traps.
    LiberateTHICCthighssavelives
This discussion has been closed.