Check out all of the details of this month's Patch Notes, featuring the 16th Anniversary and VIP Renewal Update! https://mabinogi.nexon.net/news/90098/16th-anniversary-and-vip-renewal-patch-notes-march-14th
[NEW MILLETIANS] Please note that all new forum users have to be approved before posting. This process can take up to 24 hours, and we appreciate your patience.
If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the Nexon Forums Code of Conduct. You have to register before you can post, so you can log in or create a forum name above to proceed. Thank you for your visit!

What was your Golden Age on Mabinogi?

KeiyomaKeiyoma
Mabinogi Rep: 1,555
in General Chat
Like a lot of long term Mabinogi players, I found the game when I was rather young, and kept coming back to it as I grew older. It's held a special place in my heart not only due to nostalgia from my youth, but the people and experiences I've gotten to enjoy over the years, and can think back to whenever I come back. I like to remember running around the logging camp with friends in cheap gray robes, assailing foxes and passersby for their gold (which, for some reason, they'd never give up. Clearly Intimidation needs a re-vamp). I like to think back on the excitement I felt when Alchemy first came out, and dressing up like a FMA weeb, trying to figure out how to synthesize crystals into a Philosopher's Stone (which definitely exists I just haven't found it yet you'll *all* see), or making Golems because WOW I bet this will be used a lot! (It wasn't.) Exploring Iria for the first time and spamming rafting was one of the most exciting times of my Mabinogi life, even if Iria is a sad empty landscape of broken dreams and mongeese now. But my absolute favorite time I've spent in Mabinogi? Nothing can compare to the roots of the game for me, back when it was so much smaller, and everyone was so squishy. Saving the Goddess with my two-handed sword and pelican helmet, because I quite literally could not afford to outfit myself with anything else, and being declared her Savior, alongside my first friends, who got to experience the Generation for the first time alongside me. Forget becoming a Paladin though that sucked, what do you mean I have to find Price again? Are you sure? Can't I just run Barri again? Please? He's never where he's supposed to be!

What were your golden days? Sitting in front of the tree in Tir Square with friends? Rafting? Camping alongside the road in the camp kits no one uses anymore? Getting your first R1 skills? Or maybe a dropped expansion that put twinkles in your filthy Milletian invader eyes?

Comments

• KensamaofmariKensamaofmari
    Mabinogi Rep: 34,745
    I have yet to reach my peak.
    SaiWolfsingerpawcalypse
  • GretaGreta
    Mabinogi Rep: 51,805
    When i just started to play Mabinogi and met my future husband. Those were the best times...
    Wolfsinger
  • SaiSai
    Mabinogi Rep: 8,785
    edited November 5, 2019
    2 years from now. I'll do something amazing and be the coolest.
    KensamaofmariRadiant DawnWolfsinger
  • SherriSherri
    Mabinogi Rep: 18,615
    Probably when I met the gang (a bunch of friends), we'd hang out and do dumb stuff all the time. Most of them got sick of Mabi or have irl stuffs though ;p
    Also another one was waaay back then, my first Peaca run. I got carried so hard ;u
  • DreamdrinkerDreamdrinker
    Mabinogi Rep: 815
    The Golden Age is whenever I'm playing consistently.
    KensamaofmaripawcalypsellysaxD
  • HelsaHelsa
    Mabinogi Rep: 23,380
    I don't know about a personal "golden age", I mean I have liked the game all along in whatever form it was in at the time, but I did like the days when new maps were being introduced all the time.
  • NegumikoNegumiko
    Mabinogi Rep: 9,775
    some of my high school friends always used to bring up maplestory pressuring me to try it so I finally did and it just wasn't my type of game. I quickly found mabi after and was instantly hooked into the game. everything about mabi keeps it interesting as it has many unique features other mmo games don't have but it is mostly the friendly community that has given me the best memories. joined about 11 years ago and even with it's flaws I still don't have the heart to leave mabi. the golden age won't end for me until mabi dies which will be a sad day in mmo history.
    WolfsingerllysaxD
  • SytrieSytrie
    Mabinogi Rep: 1,175
    edited November 6, 2019
    Damage numbers, fully completed storyline, cool looking character mean nothing compared to the days that I had broadswords, being stuck at g1 boss, a slender robe and a good real friend that you can talk about the game all day long because you had nothing to do except stupid homework.
  • CrimsọnCrimsọn
    Mabinogi Rep: 65,165
    The last 11 years.
  • BanazaiSabreBanazaiSabre
    Mabinogi Rep: 1,955
    during g1, watching how the mechanics could actually have syergy in a team play situation. i watched two people take on glas by standing on top of one another, loading counter, and windmills. but thats long gone. theres nothing that impressive in combat now, its just big giant one man AOE surpression
  • Gaby5011Gaby5011
    Mabinogi Rep: 5,965
    2010 to 2012 maybe
    pawcalypse
  • KingEphyKingEphy
    Mabinogi Rep: 2,100
    My 'Golden Age' in Mabi was back when I was in an active guild that held weekly Guild meetings on Saturdays, we'd run dungeons together, guild chat was active pretty much 75% of the day and we even had an active Guild Forum.

none of that exists for me anymore. But I still like Mabi a lot (and appreciate my current guildies...whenever they logon). >_>
    3rdy
  • HarukariHarukari
    Mabinogi Rep: 8,470
    Golden age was when I was actually having fun with this game.
    TwistedxFateRadiant DawnLiberate