Check out all of the details of this month's Patch Notes, featuring the 16th Anniversary and VIP Renewal Update! https://mabinogi.nexon.net/news/90098/16th-anniversary-and-vip-renewal-patch-notes-march-14th
[NEW MILLETIANS] Please note that all new forum users have to be approved before posting. This process can take up to 24 hours, and we appreciate your patience.
If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the Nexon Forums Code of Conduct. You have to register before you can post, so you can log in or create a forum name above to proceed. Thank you for your visit!

Why do Milletians Leave so Much Gold on da Ground?

HabimaruHabimaru
Mabinogi Rep: 3,630
in General Chat
Recently, over in another Dimension with «beings» who have been observing the «species» from the Wold/Land known as Erinn, was published in their circular known as «Alienogi Gazette» about an on-going trend that seems to have existed for as long as they have been observing when Milletians first starting showing up on Uladh (Tir Chonaill) and in Iria, and, amongst their reader-base, someone submitted a question : «Why do Milletians always seem to leave all of that Gold lying around everywhere ?»

Cultural Back-Ground Story : Over in the other-dimensionly «civilisation» where the «Alienogi Gazette» is read, they have something of an «advanced civilisation» where Gold is a highly valued resource used in their Science & Technology Productions, due to how well it «conducts Erg» for them (and in a sense works similarly to Alchemy to «run/charge/power up» a number of their «devices» ...such as for Transportation-Devices that some worlds might refer to as Levitation-Craft, Detection-Devices that operate similarly to L-Rods, etc., etc.), and it became a curious/popular «Trending» question lately. Hey, I am just the Messenger here, and I affirm that none of this came from any Swamp-Gas !

P.S. : Option # 8 is supposed to be...
«What...? Alienogi-Technology is used to Harvest the Gold That Milletians Do Not Pick Up [After a Certain Amount of Time Has Passed] ? So THAT'S where all of that Gold seems to be disappearing to ! O_O»
  1. Special Message-Transmission From an Alienogi Ambassador to Milletians : Why not pick up that gold ?26 votes
    1. Too Lazy to Pick it Up; Can't be Bothered
       31% (8 votes)
    2. Inefficient Use of My Time; Spamming Missions QUICKLY Gets Me More Gold-per-Time as a Mission-Reward
       4% (1 vote)
    3. I'm a Savvy Capitalist; I Out-Source That «J.O.B.» (Just Over Broke) Over to My Bag-Dolls
       12% (3 votes)
    4. Not Enough Space in My Inventory (Seriously! Not kidding! Huh? Think I'm joking? I DROP EVERYTHING!)
       0% (0 votes)
    5. Gold...? What...? Gold!?! Where!? Where!? O_O You mean I've been MISSING OUT on a BUNCH of GOLD!? D=
       19% (5 votes)
    6. Why Bother ? For Some Reason All of Those Coins Seem to Disappear Right Before I Try to Grab Them...
       0% (0 votes)
    7. I Have My Reasons... (Probably) ...Even if I Do Not Necessarily Remember What They Are Right Now O_O
       0% (0 votes)
    8. What...? Alienogi-Technology is used to Harvest the Gold That Milletians Do Not Pick Up ? So THAT...
       4% (1 vote)
    9. OMG ! Not Habi on these Forums again ! /gets out all of the Nuclear-Weapons to try & OBLITERATE HIM!
       15% (4 votes)
    10. WHY CAN'T I SELECT «ALL OF THE ABOVE»!? O_O
       15% (4 votes)

Comments

• pawcalypsepawcalypse
    Mabinogi Rep: 4,705
    I take hours to what is meant to take 5, or 10 mins, just to pick up gold in a dungeon or shadow mission. I also summon mini pets not for the buffs but the to pick up stuff.
    Sherri
  • NilremNilrem
    Mabinogi Rep: 7,880
    Hey, if people don't take the gold, more for the people that actually do pick it up.
    KensamaofmariVeylaineSherriRadiant DawnWolfsingerKrysipawcalypse
  • PolicromaPolicroma
    Mabinogi Rep: 6,730
    One reason why I solo. Drives me nuts when people leave huge luckies laying around but rush that dungeon so fast you feel like a jerk for waiting to pick it up.
    KensamaofmariSherriRadiant DawnWolfsingerpawcalypse
  • KensamaofmariKensamaofmari
    Mabinogi Rep: 34,745
    Because you'll be mistaken as a newb or a bot by the other party members?
  • VeylaineVeylaine
    Mabinogi Rep: 4,050
    edited March 8, 2022
    snip
    KensamaofmariRadiant DawnWolfsinger
    I wonder if anyone has ever unleashed their doll bags at Rich Man in Emain
  • HelsaHelsa
    Mabinogi Rep: 23,380
    Nilrem wrote: »
    Hey, if people don't take the gold, more for the people that actually do pick it up.

Well, exactly. I don't know how many times I've gone dungeoning with some random person who turns out to be a show-off, who takes all the kills and speed runs through it. I just let them go on their merry way, and clean up after them.
    Wolfsinger
  • IyasenuIyasenu
    Mabinogi Rep: 24,265
    Jokes aside, it's usually a combination of the first three poll options.

Though I don't think I've ever been in such a rush to not pick up a Huge Lucky.

Or heck, even a Big/Regular Lucky.
    Veylaine
  • SherriSherri
    Mabinogi Rep: 18,615
    I always pick up gold, and gold of others who refuse to.
    Their loss.. dummies.
    KensamaofmariWolfsingerpawcalypse
  • HabimaruHabimaru
    Mabinogi Rep: 3,630
    I used to pick up after him, back when I was such a clueless Milletian, that I thought I was actually going to get rich from doing that... fortunately, did not take me too long to figure that it was an extremely inefficient method of gaining gold, and I figure that anybody would consider doll-bags at him to be extremely inefficient.
    I wonder if anyone has ever unleashed their doll bags at Rich Man in Emain
    pawcalypse
  • PumpkinRioPumpkinRio
    Mabinogi Rep: 1,345
    Helsa wrote: »

Well, exactly. I don't know how many times I've gone dungeoning with some random person who turns out to be a show-off, who takes all the kills and speed runs through it. I just let them go on their merry way, and clean up after them.

You mean something like this? XD
    7Ew28so.gif
    Radiant DawnSytrieEbrithilKensamaofmariKUR0_KUR0_KUNWolfsingerKingEphySherriKrysiGaby5011and 1 other.
    PumpkinRio wrote: »

7Ew28so.gif

The ones who end up OP are the supporters that end up gathering all the drops.
  • HelsaHelsa
    Mabinogi Rep: 23,380
    PumpkinRio wrote: »

7Ew28so.gif

You just remember who they were then the next time they want to go dungeoning you politely decline. It then works out to be a copacetic division of labour as Mantis said.

• GretaGreta
    Mabinogi Rep: 51,805
    Oh man, i remember watching that episode years ago and thinking how relatable that situation was.
  • AlshianAlshian
    Mabinogi Rep: 7,065
    hell if you want to do all the work be my guest >w<

I will just collect all the loot you leave on the ground because you won't need them. > 3>
  • FayeKaibaFayeKaiba
    Mabinogi Rep: 10,670
    I always will pick up the gold that others don't want.
    Radiant DawnKensamaofmaripawcalypseWolfsinger
  • TheNyanCatTheNyanCat
    Mabinogi Rep: 5,665
    I will leave piles of 500g or hell even a handful of 1ks that my dolls don't pick up and want to catch up with the group I'll just leave them.

But if I see some random lucky pile of gold on the ground you can bet I'm taking at least a few seconds to swipe up a few thousands before continuing on my way. I will never understand how some people don't think it's worth even taking a few piles from a huge lucky before moving on.
  • AlshianAlshian
    Mabinogi Rep: 7,065
    edited November 9, 2019
    Likely because they already have something up for sale with a massive price tag.

Or they don't have "time" to pick them up :x
    Alshian wrote: »
    Likely because they already have something up for sale with a massive price tag.

Or they don't have "time" to pick them up :x

If they pick up all their gold, they should be able to offset transaction fees.