Check out all of the details of this month's Patch Notes, featuring the 16th Anniversary and VIP Renewal Update! https://mabinogi.nexon.net/news/90098/16th-anniversary-and-vip-renewal-patch-notes-march-14th
[NEW MILLETIANS] Please note that all new forum users have to be approved before posting. This process can take up to 24 hours, and we appreciate your patience.
If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the Nexon Forums Code of Conduct. You have to register before you can post, so you can log in or create a forum name above to proceed. Thank you for your visit!

Name Change pot one time use!

CaptainroseCaptainrose
Mabinogi Rep: 640
edited January 27, 2017 in Feedback and Suggestions
Username: Captainrose
Server: Alexina

Are you tired of your old name? Are you tired of people texting you and finding out you were the wrong person they messaged? That you..looked like someone else?

WELL YOUR IN LUCK!
NAME CHANGE POT! ONE TIME USE FOR ONLY ONE CHARACTER PER PERSON~
If you feel like any of the questions below don't hesitate to leave your opinion!
-Do you need a new chance at the community?
-Do you have a name of a person you use to admire?
-Are you sad when you stare at your name and think of others?
-Do you stare at your name and think of someone who passed?
-Do you want to get rid of a old name you made when you were a kid but can't?
-Do you want to keep an ex gf/bf's name that you made with your "lover at the time"?
-Do you hope to rid of a name that may have a word that is similar to millions of others?
-Do you dislike the word in your name like "certain color you use to like"?
-Do you want to rid of other’s accidentally getting your name mixed up with others?
-Are you tired of people making fun of your name?
-Are you feeling down into the dirt because your name has dirt in it? (lol)
-Are you emotionally hurting because of your name?
-Are you tired of people looking at you and ignoring you because of your name?
-Is it too hard to read?
-Is it hard for others to read?
-is it annoying when even you mess up on your own name?
-The name doesn't look right?
-The name is named by an old relative??
-Did your parents make your name when you were a kid??
-Did you make a name even you easily forget??
-Messed up on your name years ago but doesn't want to make new char?
-Do you feel when the name is changed their friends will be Alerted so they know?
-Have you messed up and need a chance to fix it?
-Have you felt that it's time to change?

These are questions we ask everyday right?
Do you feel that we should be given 1 event to change it?

If you feel these ways comment below?
If you do feel like any of these things! Vote below~

If it was made into the game we would pay sum amount of money, and only be allowed once to change our rediculous names into something we will like for the rest of our gameplay~ another chance at a new name~

Elfy
  1. Give people a second chance? can you forgive them?24 votes
    1. yes
       83% (20 votes)
    2. no
       13% (3 votes)
    3. maybe?
       0% (0 votes)
    4. i'll think about how i feel..
       4% (1 vote)

Comments

• Guy who loves RiceGuy who loves Rice
    Mabinogi Rep: 820
    edited January 24, 2017
    While I do know this an often brought up topic I cannot seem to find any postings using the forums search bar on this particular topic.
    This game has been out for a long time and some of us made the unfortunate mistake of giving our characters terrible names.
    I know adding such a system too the game is extremely tedious and difficult due to the nature of Mabinogi's unique engine... this is just a suggestion.

I know players besides me who quite honestly would shell out $25 or more just for a name change for their favorite game. Honestly this is my only complaint about the game at all! xD

This is always been a strong topic for me since 2009 but I understand if its simply not possible. Hopefully you guys agree with me also~
    -Joshua512892 of Tarlach. (I promise I am not a bot)

Just to ask the community on the issue of if people like me even deserve a name change I will leave a poll~ Hope you guys like my dead horse idea :D
  • CrimsọnCrimsọn
    Mabinogi Rep: 65,165
    You should probably not use scammers changing their ign's as a basis for getting this implemented. lol.
    Captainrosemintiel
  • CaptainroseCaptainrose
    edited January 27, 2017
    Thank you for the comment and you were right~ so i changed it ~ i hope you like it.
  • KagaKaga
    Mabinogi Rep: 5,170
    edited January 27, 2017
    Every game has scammers, so I don't see how all this "no to name change because scammers exist" should even be a problem.
    Most games do have name change.
    Even Mabinogi KR has/had name changes, don't know what makes NA so "special".
    Captainrose
  • KororeKorore
    Mabinogi Rep: 3,765
    I'd like to see name changes in game!
    Captainrose
  • CaptainroseCaptainrose
    edited January 29, 2017
    Yay~
  • ElfyElfy
    Mabinogi Rep: 1,780
    I. Want. This. So. BAD.
    PLEASSSEE I was only fifteen when I first came to the game.
    I made such a dumb IGN. Just a one time use, that'd be amazing.
    And then Nexon can somehow implement where you can see previous usernames. So certain people are avoided if you wouldn't let them interfere with your gameplay :)
  • NasumiRayneNasumiRayne
    Mabinogi Rep: 2,265
    edited January 30, 2017
    I know name changes are possible to be done as a friend of mine had gone through a forced name change due to their name at the time. However the one thing I think would have to be addressed is converting the name on other peoples friend list or removing them altogether. After a change the old name becomes available if I'm correct which could be... problematic. Unless of course it followed the same conventional ruleset like that of pet trade name changes whereas the old name couldn't be re-used.
  • SylviaWolfeSylviaWolfe
    Mabinogi Rep: 3,310
    I'd also like ones available in-shop for pet name changes...since those are probably a bit less controversial than frequent character name changes